Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    LOL, I'm still using raid finder Thoks TT!

Our holy paladin doesn't need anymore holy gear so he started coining ret gear. First coin on Galakras he gets heroic WF EEoG. Immediately after both he and our prot warrior coin heroic TTT, first time for both of them. On the other hand I have 14 h Galakras kills, 14 coins and no EEoG. 17 combined normal and heroic Thok kills with 17 coins and nothing. Combined with my ToT ring Im doing just swell. Only strength DPS in my guild and I'm 4 ilvls behind everyone else. Only luck Ive had was with a heroic WF 2-hander.
    My DK got 2 Thok's normals week 1. Nothing on heroic since.

My warrior has coined thok almost every week.

3 helmets, 2 rings, 1 polearm.

Fuck dis game

Deleted
    This tier I have been finding DW to be much kinder on me than 2H.

Having HB as your most damaging spell in DW on single target helps out insanely. Firstly, being a ranged spell, you can time it so that any time where you are forced to be out of melee range you are never short of something to cast (by offloading a chunk of RP just before moving, allowing runes to regen a little more and building BT charges).
    Fights like thok are a good example where there is no way to get 100% melee time on the boss.
    Also the fact that HB is an aoe ability I find just too useful. If there's 1 mob I hit HB. If there's more than one mob I hit HB. I find it a lot more effective having a super powered HB. On a fight like garrosh It means I can be doing 100% of my single target dps to the boss but I am also doing a shit ton of aoe to all the adds in p1 especially. 2 in 1, it's a big win.

I don't really like the current state of howling blast.

Sure, we get free aoe damage, but look at how much it had to be nerfed.

I'd rather have something else to use on single targets so howling blast can be a real aoe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I don't really like the current state of howling blast.

Sure, we get free aoe damage, but look at how much it had to be nerfed.

I'd rather have something else to use on single targets so howling blast can be a real aoe again.
    All they would have to do is modify the damage on Icy Touch and people wouldn't have to use Howling Blast single target.

There are a variety of potential solutions, but blizzard must first acknowledge that a problem exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neoteric View Post
    All they would have to do is modify the damage on Icy Touch and people wouldn't have to use Howling Blast single target.
    Yup. But PvP!

/s

Seperate PvP and PvE. Boom. Done.

I think i read somewhere that the stat priority stays haste > crit/mastery for 2h until a certain level. Is it the same point as when dw takes over?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I think i read somewhere that the stat priority stays haste > crit/mastery for 2h until a certain level. Is it the same point as when dw takes over?
    going to quote you just because i need some more explanation regarding haste for 2h frost. I recently reactivated after a 6months break, back in ToT haste > crit was the rule of thumb, now it seems haste ranks last after crit and mastery. Ive been reading here and there that this is the case after a certain ilvl. So now my question is, which ilvl is that and how low can you go with haste? I've been checking askmrrobot every now and then and its making me reforge all out of haste (ilvl 541), however i can't help but notice that with such low haste sometimes i have nothing to press and im rune starved. right now im reforging on my own with a little higher haste (even at the expense of crit), also making sure that its higher than mastery so when the 2 piece procs it's more haste and the rotation seems to be much more smooth.

tl;dr how much haste w/ 2piece as 2h frost?

this is me

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nalon/advanced

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tuscar View Post
    I've been checking askmrrobot every now and then and its making me reforge all out of haste (ilvl 541), however i can't help but notice that with such low haste sometimes i have nothing to press and im rune starved
    Did you sim your character and manually input the stat weights? AMR uses a default profile and the likelihood of the default matching your gear and talent choices is next to nothing.

right now im reforging on my own with a little higher haste (even at the expense of crit), also making sure that its higher than mastery so when the 2 piece procs it's more haste and the rotation seems to be much more smooth.

tl;dr how much haste w/ 2piece as 2h frost?
    You answered your own question. You need enough haste to keep your resources flowing. Plague leech can help "reset" things if you use it appropriately. You can also lower your haste requirements by learning how to maximize AMS absorbs to refill your RP; the Galakras trinket will help with this. Basically you keep prioritizing haste until the point where you find yourself resource capped more than infrequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    You answered your own question. You need enough haste to keep your resources flowing. Plague leech can help "reset" things if you use it appropriately. You can also lower your haste requirements by learning how to maximize AMS absorbs to refill your RP; the Galakras trinket will help with this. Basically you keep prioritizing haste until the point where you find yourself resource capped more than infrequently.
    So still sittin' on 510 ish ilvl I should probably still stick with haste? and is DW still mastery > haste > crit?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Your item level is a factor but so is the content you're doing.

Do you feel like you could get away with less haste? Try it and find out.

You have to go by feel. If you find yourself resource starved you can do a couple of things

1) use AMS to maximum efficiency (sometimes this means standing in otherwise avoidable damage)
    2) get more haste
    3) use plague leech and blood tap efficiently

Once you have Evil Eye of Galakras and have learned to use AMS optimally on each encounter you will find you can get away with much less haste. Like Shiira said, difficultly level matters too. You won't generate as much RP using AMS on LFR bosses in comparison to heroic modes as the incoming damage is much lower. But playing 2h frost at ~510 you should probably still prioritize haste over crit, but it still comes down to your skill with AMS, PL, and BT.

Play what you like, both versions are very close to each other

Deleted
    When you are about to gearing your toon up its better to go on 2h. When you are getting be epic get 2 1H weapon and rock!

2 handed better for sure

PVP for the win

I tried both DW and one hand with heroic warforged weapons for both specs.

I found DW > One hand frost

I can understand why you would find using one handed weapons to be pretty weak if you weren't dual wielding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I tried both DW and one hand with heroic warforged weapons for both specs.

I found DW > One hand frost
    wat

/10char

Buff amputee frost pls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    wat

/10char
    Oooops sorry

I meant one two hand weapon...