Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewbacka View Post
    We lose more and more sub's every year it isnt due to new games wow is just getting old and it's players are bored of it
    True that. Amazing the game has kept on going for so long with such an amount of players! Lets hope WoD will kick ass!
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

We lose more and more sub's every year it isnt due to new games wow is just getting old and it's players are bored of it
    The sad thing is the boredom carries over to other MMOs. People are burned out not on WoW, but on anything that's similar to it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The sad thing is the boredom carries over to other MMOs. People are burned out not on WoW, but on anything that's similar to it.
    That didn't really hold true in my case, but may hold true in others.

I agree that 2014 will be rough for WoW in the same way that 2013 was, but not for the same reasons. Elder Scrolls Online? If the collective shrug its own fans made when it was announced is any indication, there's not that much deep seated interest in it. Even heavy fans of Morrowind and Skyrim aren't all that excited about an MMO of it, and that's a dangerous sign. Wildstar looks rather silly and cartoonier than WoW itself; it might get a devoted fanbase, but I doubt it will impact warcraft any more than SWTOR did.

But the real reason the year will be bad? Well, the first point is on-key. The long gap between updates will hurt. Like the last expansion, the lack of a narrative hook or easily told selling-points for this new expansion will hurt. And WoW has gotten old, and looks it. There's a point to where its mechanics and graphics are becoming too dated to compete, especially for a monthly fee, and that date for many has already arrived.

So yeah, the game is probably going to lose heaps more subscribers, if it hasn't already (and the recent Blizzard survey probably indicates it has), not because of the competition but because of intrinsic factors in the game which cannot be easily hedged against.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Not for everyone. I was bored senseless with WoW, and I have rediscovered my love for MMOs with GW2.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I have been playing wow for 9 years, and it's been just to boring as of late.I lost interest in pvp and raiding, all i do now is do my auction's and log out.Thankfully the d3 xpack is soon so i wont be bored for long

I have many fond memories of WoW, I suspect it will lose its number one status in 2014. It is too dated graphically, it is getting pretty creaky. Maybe the new expansion will hold that off another year, maybe...I guess it may lose big numbers until the expansion comes out and then regain a bunch, after that...I bet its a steep downhill for good.

I've heard from many beta testers that TES is utter garbage.

I have been playing wow for 9 years, and it's been just to boring as of late.I lost interest in pvp and raiding, all i do now is do my auction's and log out.Thankfully the d3 xpack is soon so i wont be bored for long
    Honest question here: D3 is already out now. Why is the xpack going to change things so completely that it'll fill some void that exists now that D3 doesn't? I realize this sounds snarky - the xpack sounds good, but not "now I don't have to play MMOs anymore" good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    If it launches anything like its current beta iteration then you can count me out. Boring beyond anything I can describe. I felt no reason to log in after a few weeks.
    I'm sure that part of the reason for this is that the beta is weekends only and the last one was in November.... That being said ESO is certainly more of a challenger than Wildstar is the game is much better
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    People seem to think that just because a new MMO comes out, it will be the WoW killer.
    I see folks claiming that others are saying this.... but you almost never read someone actually making that statement. Odd, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    SPOILER ALERT: It is

I am reluctant to go into details, but its bad, probably going to be one of the worst launches since SWTOR

All I'm going to say is that I wasn't impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Yeah, its not great. It will be a distraction for some much like swotor was, but like swotor, will lack staying power.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda wonder if i was playing the same game as you guys in the ESO beta based off your reactions i was not
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I kinda wonder if i was playing the same game as you guys in the ESO beta based off your reactions i was not
    Well you are located at 123, Nowhere, Imagination land, USA.......

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So your saying tv adverts have 0 effect on sales of products? mmk
    I'd say the % of WoW players who joined because of TV ads is pretty low.

Anyway, false dichotomy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBGamer View Post
    Well you are located at 123, Nowhere, Imagination land, USA.......
    Least i have a location.... your just a bot

Anyone counting on ESO or Wildstar to save them from their MMORPG slump will be disappointed. Neither game is anything special IMO and at most will only suck up a month or two of everyone's time before they go back to WoW (or quit MMORPGs altogether).

Hopefully someday a developer will finally figure out what makes a good (modern) MMORPG and make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Anyone counting on ESO or Wildstar to save them from their MMORPG slump will be disappointed. Neither game is anything special IMO and at most will only suck up a month or two of everyone's time before they go back to WoW (or quit MMORPGs altogether).

Hopefully someday a developer will finally figure out what makes a good (modern) MMORPG and make it.
    I quit WoW awhile ago... and i know for a fact that i will spend quite a bit of time in ESO