Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Professions for elemental shaman (PVE)

Which are the best professions for an elemental shaman? I want to focus mainly in PvE. Thanks

every crafting profession gives 320 to your mainstat except tailoring which gives you a proc. pick any 2 crafting professions

So there aren't "better professions", they all give all the same stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgrazr View Post
    every crafting profession gives 320 to your mainstat except tailoring which gives you a proc. pick any 2 crafting professions
    No one really goes for "main stat" anymore this late in the xpac.

BS gives you two sockets, so +640 haste/mastery
    JC is broken for secondary stats
    LW gives you a +500 int to bracers enchant, so a 320 int gain
    Engi gives you synapse springs which is an on use +int proc that equals out to +320 int over the duration of the fight, but good to use with ascendance, plus rocket boots
    Inscription gives you +320 int to your shoulder enchant (so 500 int and 100 crit or whatever)
    Alchemy gives you +320 int when flasked, and your flasks last twice as long
    Tailoring gives you a spellpower proc on your cloak (which could be lined up with engi synapse springs pretty well) and free leg enchants

BS is good for overall, Engi and tailoring are good for maximizing your burst, 2x flask duration from alchemy is a nice QOL thing.

Deleted
    I went with Alchemy for longer flask duration and Enchanting to stop the epic vendoring that felt so wrong...

ive aid it before and ill say it again until thing are changed up. . .BS/Enchanting is the best combo.

Deleted
    Engi+BS is the best I'd say DPS wise. With Engi providing good synergy coupled with Ascendance plus nitro boost. BS purely for the extra mastery (JC secondary stat gems are broken).

Enchanting is nice to have if you want make some gold while raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    Engi+BS is the best I'd say DPS wise. With Engi providing good synergy coupled with Ascendance plus nitro boost. BS purely for the extra mastery (JC secondary stat gems are broken).

Enchanting is nice to have if you want make some gold while raiding.
    you cant beat extra sockets and ring enchants with engi utility, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    you cant beat extra sockets and ring enchants with engi utility, but to each their own.
    Sure you can. Tailoring and Engineering both beat ring enchants. Easy, done.

Deleted
    what..? engi offers 1920 int use equivalent to the static 320int + nitro boost and glider. So engi is by far better then enchanting or any other profession (save tailoring maybe, havn't tried that one) from a raid standpoint btw

Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    what..? engi offers 1920 int use equivalent to the static 320int + nitro boost and glider. So engi is by far better then enchanting or any other profession (save tailoring maybe, havn't tried that one) from a raid standpoint btw
    procs and on use CDs beat 100% uptime enchants?? and who really needs nitro/glider? can be nice in certain situations if you fuck up and need to move asap, another thing is IMO BS/Enchant have given the most stable buffs in game so far. . .ive jumped from eng to taloring back to eng plus JC a couple of times when one or another was the so called BIS so to speak but in the long run BS/enchant wont ever let you down.

Deleted
    procs and on use CDs beat 100% uptime enchants?? and who really needs nitro/glider? can be nice in certain situations if you fuck up and need to move asap, another thing is IMO BS/Enchant have given the most stable buffs in game so far. . .ive jumped from eng to taloring back to eng plus JC a couple of times when one or another was the so called BIS so to speak but in the long run BS/enchant wont ever let you down.
    clearly u have no idea what ur talking about if you don't see how amazing nitro boost is. And yes the on use is somewhat better then passive stat increase professions because you can line it up with ascendance, not gamebreaking but better nonetheless. But yeah, if your just gonna play casual and don't really wanna min/max any profession works (except for the gathering professions obviously).

Enchanting is the same as leatherworking, inscription and alchemy.

Also engi has been the same since like cataclysm so not really sure what ur on about there.
    Last edited by mmocacb1eadbce; 2014-01-03 at 11:09 PM.

LOL ya you truly have no idea what you're talking about. If you did a poll asking ppl if rocket boots has saved your life at least once in a raiding situation I bet you about 95% of eng would say yes.

Enchanting is not the same as LW or inscrip because im adding an enchant to RINGS. . .witch is the only prof that mods rings. . .so i still have all my bracer glove should enhancements and gain stats from my enchanted rings. . . .not to mention i get to socket my bracers and gloves addding even more stats. im not saying nitro boosts arent good for people that need them. . . i just dont durp in fires. and looking from a min max standpoint. . .yes number will show eng gives more stats. . .but only if you can have 100% on CD usage of your SS. Also it could be debated that it may or may not be a loss of DPS due to wasted GCDs on your SS. . .whereas i can get off a total of 3 more LVB then you do in a 5 min fight (just an example)

Deleted
    Enchanting is not the same as LW or inscrip because im adding an enchant to RINGS. . .witch is the only prof that mods rings. . .so i still have all my bracer glove should enhancements and gain stats from my enchanted rings. . . .not to mention i get to socket my bracers and gloves addding even more stats. im not saying nitro boosts arent good for people that need them. . . i just dont durp in fires. and looking from a min max standpoint. . .yes number will show eng gives more stats. . .but only if you can have 100% on CD usage of your SS. Also it could be debated that it may or may not be a loss of DPS due to wasted GCDs on your SS. . .whereas i can get off a total of 3 more LVB then you do in a 5 min fight (just an example)
    Have you done any research?

Enchanting = 160+160 = 320
    Leatherworking = 500-180 = 320
    Inscription = 520 - 200 = 320

So why does it matter if you enchant your rings or not? You still gain the same amount.

Synapse Springs doesn't have a GCD. 100% CD usage, uh, yeah? If it's hard to press that button you can simply macro it in like;

#showtooltip Lava Burst
    /use 10
    /cast Lava Burst

All you arguments are invalid.
    Last edited by mmocacb1eadbce; 2014-01-04 at 12:00 AM.

Eng + Tailoring probably the best if you're going to be a mega nerd about syncing procs with Ascendance
    Eng + BS most reliable dps
    Eng + Alchemy 2 hour flasks are god

Why do you even try to give help if you can't count and have no fucking clue what you're talking about?

Engineering and BS are the best.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-01-06 at 02:27 PM.

Are you a troll ?
    Engi is the best profession a DPS can have. Nitro / glider are awesome, it's not just good for people who need them, but for everyone.
    Moreover engineering is not a 320 flat primary stat. It would be the case when you finish the fight the exact same second it goes off cooldown (assuming you use it right after the pull). It can be a huge advantage if an encounter is xx:15ish. I've never thought about it, but it's even better when you cannot have a 100% uptime on the boss. When a flat stat is useless during that time.

It's time to think if you want to share your experiences with other people ;p

Engi + BS. Everything else is inferior.
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2014-01-04 at 09:50 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    Engi will always be superior due to this simple fact;

1920 intellect at pull for 10sec. Takes 60 seconds for a static profession to catch up (320x6=1920) and by the time they actually do catch up the engineering gloves will be ready again landing on a total amount of 3840. So even if you exclude things like procs and cooldowns engineering will always pull ahead. But obviously that's not the case, since you do the most damage on pull with BL and every CD+proc ready, making engi even better. And after that you can add nitro boost and there is no way to beat engi.