Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would You Like To See More Scepter Of The Shifting Sands Esque Quest Lines?

What I mean is http://wowpedia.org/The_Scepter_of_t...ds_quest_chain

For those of you who may not know, the Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest line was one of the longest quests that WOW ever had. It took you across both continents and made you battle several world bosses and fight in many raids (Yes the legendary cloak is similar this quest line was not gated in the same way where a new part of it was added each patch). It was very lore heavy and gave you tons of upgrades on the way... all for a white item http://wowpedia.org/The_Scepter_of_the_Shifting_Sands . This chain was originally for entry into the AQ40 unlocking.

My point is would you want to see massively long quest chains like this as the norm in the future? People seemed to enjoy the legendary cloak line and I was thinking that Blizz should add more long quest chains in the future.

It wasn't gated because it was itself a gate, an unusually literal one, which was a big reason for why it took so long to finish. The cloak quest line may be the closest thing to it that the modern game is going to produce. That said, though I was not one of the handful of people who did the scepter quests, I did enjoy the cloak quest line and would definitely want to see more like it.

Deleted
    No.
    It's nothing but a bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    No.
    It's nothing but a bore.
    makes you raid, do instances, fight world bosses, etc

what was so boring? It seems like it just gave an interesting narrative to play the game. It even unlocked new bosses in old areas

Yes and No.

Yes I would like to see more length quests of epic scale with multiple rewards, and for me most importantly for me less handholding. People forget that the original line appeared to run dry multiple times, only by actually passing certain ncp's would you know you unlocked the next part of the chain. At the most there were hints and riddles as to where you might go searching. Not like today where you get a great big mark on the map for the next objective.

No for the point of view that as epic as it was, the rewards were too great and for too few.

As much as I loved that quest, I would prefer more Wrathion styled. The one downside to the scepter was, only a few got it, while they still needed 20/40 man raids to complete legs of the quest (Azuregos/Jaws/Green dragons/Eranikus/Duskwood Satyr). I liked that my only roadblock during the Wrathion's quest were my own short comings, and not "I couldn't get a raid group together".

That said, I would prefer more DOING than grinding, but I'm not sure how one could put that together and not have the content blown out in day 1.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love see more lore heavy things like this that add immersion purpose and involvement

shifting scepter quest, is in one way exactly the same as the legendary cloak, while at the same time being absolutely nothing like the legendary cloak quest at all.

it has many parts to the quest a really long chain, but the shifting scepter required a lot of time and effort rare materials it had difficulty it had grinding, the legendary cloak had facerolling.

i'd like to see both added, one for LFR scrubs who need their entitled gifts, and one for players who want a challenging quest line with difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it gives me title and/or mount and is completable by everyone if they put forth the effort then yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Yes and No.

Yes I would like to see more length quests of epic scale with multiple rewards, and for me most importantly for me less handholding. People forget that the original line appeared to run dry multiple times, only by actually passing certain ncp's would you know you unlocked the next part of the chain. At the most there were hints and riddles as to where you might go searching. Not like today where you get a great big mark on the map for the next objective.

No for the point of view that as epic as it was, the rewards were too great and for too few.
    Its about the journey, not the destination. I love that white item more than any purple or orange I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the wrathion questline was a small step back in that direction. sure it wasnt nearly as involved but you cant deny that it did share some similarities. that said, i would like to see more questlines like that. maybe not as over the top as the scepter, but something that adds a bit of flavor to things. im pretty sure they said they want to try and bring back class quests in a big way but they know they cant really just do one for every class each expansion or patch.

10+ Year Old Account

best part of quest.....loved him

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

what was so boring? It seems like it just gave an interesting narrative to play the game. It even unlocked new bosses in old areas
    The raiding and bosses were fine...the insane farming requirements were not. One (or even a couple) person being rewarded would NOT cut it these days.

...and I definitely do NOT want to go back to opening day. Unfortunately - we announced the date in advance on Sentinels - and even though we were roundly criticized that the server was not ready - we still had a pretty much unplayable Saturday for all our efforts.

Deleted

The endless length of the quest, nothing in the game that seems so long is attractive, not to mention it contains stupid grind (rep for exemple), and a quest that asks you to get everywhere you've gone already doesn't bring any fun or new experience, so unless it has dedicated content, that kind of questchain is pointless.

Are we including the entire server effort to gather war supplies in this discussion? If so, then no, I don't want a repeat of that.

You know what I would like to see is a faction wide giant quest that involved fixing up the capital cities. Everyone out in the world collecting ore and stone to rebuild the ramparts of Org and the SW park, tailors making cloth to make into, I don't know, rugs and tapestries and things. Make the world PVP zone give specific gathering reagents that you can only farm when your faction has control. Make it astronomically difficult to do, and when your faction completes the works and your capital city is fixed, you are phased into the new Org or new SW and you get a mount or something. Bonus: You get specific titles based around how much you contributed; like a bronze, silver, and gold level title based specifically on how much ore you deposited, how much cloth you made and donated, how many special potions and elixers you made to mend those injured in the siege of Org, so on and so forth. Special transmog armor is made available to those who assisted in the rebuilding efforts. All the little cosmetic things that don't help you down a boss or progress, but make you feel all warm and fuzzy when you see your special title and your special mount.

Gets people back out into the world to farm mats, fight over nodes, and PVP again. I could get behind something like that
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Paulkariya

Id likr another Qchain like that as long as you dont need to farm 36 000 drops from elite mobs... the first part was boring as hell, it pretty much ensured that only a fiew players on each realm even tried to do the Qline.. on ours its 2 or mby 3 ppl that ended up with the mount.. it wasnt possible unless you had shitloads of ppl helping you farm those insects parts to turn in for rep...
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2014-01-03 at 08:25 PM.

Its about the journey, not the destination. I love that white item more than any purple or orange I have.
    Suuuuure.... I'll trade you my white item for that orange item then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulkariya View Post
    You know what I would like to see is a faction wide giant quest that involved fixing up the capital cities. Everyone out in the world collecting ore and stone to rebuild the ramparts of Org and the SW park, tailors making cloth to make into, I don't know, rugs and tapestries and things. Make the world PVP zone give specific gathering reagents that you can only farm when your faction has control. Make it astronomically difficult to do, and when your faction completes the works and your capital city is fixed, you are phased into the new Org or new SW and you get a mount or something. Bonus: You get specific titles based around how much you contributed; like a bronze, silver, and gold level title based specifically on how much ore you deposited, how much cloth you made and donated, how many special potions and elixers you made to mend those injured in the siege of Org, so on and so forth. Special transmog armor is made available to those who assisted in the rebuilding efforts. All the little cosmetic things that don't help you down a boss or progress, but make you feel all warm and fuzzy when you see your special title and your special mount.

Gets people back out into the world to farm mats, fight over nodes, and PVP again. I could get behind something like that
    I LOVE this idea, please implement it Blizzard, or at the very least on a guild scale. We desperately need something to bring the community together, even if its just guilded communities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Suuuuure.... I'll trade you my white item for that orange item then.
    Hmm well anyone can have dat legendary cloak... and you cant get my scepter any more soo