Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unhappy Which class do you feel you can play without looking too much on the resources and..

Which class do you feel you can play without looking too much on the resources and buttons?
    And which class do you feel you can't play without looking too much on the resources and buttons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I was still seeing mages with 95%+ arcane blasting for 250K in LFR, so that. I think my shaman is about as easy. When I go feral, that'd be one I can't, same with DK but I suck at it any way you slice it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can: Warrior, hunter, they generate their resource fast
    Cant: Paladin,Warlock,Rouge, since their gameplay revolves around generating resource points and spending them as wisest as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Cant: Paladin,Warlock,Rouge, since their gameplay revolves around generating resource points and spending them as wisest as possible.
    What about DK?

Deleted
    I won't have to look on my paladin and warrior
    I do have to look on my hunter, shammy, rogue and lock

Can: hunter, dk, priest, monk, warlock
    Can't: rogue, cat, mage

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All and none.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously it all depends on what you play a lot as you get comfortable with a class but for me

Can
    Elemental Shaman - Very easy to maintain since it's one dot, fulmination, watch the cd of your shocks and react to procs
    Frost DK - Must admit I should pay more attention to resources but it comes down to limiting casting of anything that uses unholy runes (at least as 2H) and then it's watch one dot (since frost plague will always be up), the cd of a couple spells and trying not to cap your rune power. Might sound difficult but in reality not that bad but I do sometimes end up watching my bars which is a bad habit which can happen if I haven't played on him in a while.
    MW Monk - I have macro'd my buttons to switch to Fistweaving when targeting something I can harm otherwise it's my heal spells (and even macro'd my soothing mist so if I'm channeling it turns into enveloping mists) so it's very easy to switch from fistweaving to mistweaving and as long as you have renewing mists on cd then you just need your char frame close enough to watch your chi.
    Resto Druid - Not a ton of spells to use.

Can't
    Warrior - I tend to watch my cds a lot which means I end up looking at my bars a lot, however it's my wife's warrior and I only try it out from time to time.
    Boomkin - It's not bad since there are very few actual buttons but I end up casting the wrong spell to move my eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    With a Warrior...if you don't mind under performing you can. If you actually wanna do DPS or Tank right you do have to rage pool.

Resto shaman can be played at 95% effectiveness just laying down healing stream and casting healing rain every 10 seconds

It depends entirely on how used you are to playing it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BM hunter with thrill of the Hunt Talent.

Deleted
    For me personally BM hunter, ass rogue, frost dk and ele shamm easy to play. Boomkin and demo/aff warlocks i find tricky but still fun in the right enviroment
    Last edited by mmocd969a05f4a; 2014-01-03 at 06:26 PM.

as far as resource goes any mana class, with the occasional looking on priest and warlock. I can't tell you the last time I went oom. hunter is also pretty easy in regards to resources as well.

as far as buttons, I have to look at them all the time no matter what class I'm playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resource and button? Any class I play, I don't look down at my abilities, never. If we're talking abut PvE, hell no will I ever look down. I barely have to remember my abilities because there's little to none. Now if we're talking about PvP... I'll usually spend an hour dueling getting used to the bindings and then after that period, I'm usually good to go. PvE I can play any class, any role, it don't matter. Every class might have 40~ abilities, but you won't use more than 15 for PvE and that's more than i'd probably use. Each class has a rotation consisting of no more than 7 abilities, if you claim you rotate through more than 7 abilities in a 10 second time frame, you're lying. On top of those 7 abilities, you might have a few CD's and a trinket... lets just guess and say it's around 10-12 abilities you use in all for PvE. That's probably why I wasn't very nice to people who died to mechanics, I always thought you had to be completely tunnel visioning to die or you're either picking your nose... you barely have to pay attention to your abilities because there's little to nothing to do, it almost becomes a muscle reaction and your hand just repeats the pattern by itself.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    With a Warrior...if you don't mind under performing you can. If you actually wanna do DPS or Tank right you do have to rage pool.
    As fury even in 534 ilvl i'm almost always stuck on 100 rage, different for arms tho.

Can:
    Warlock (Affliction generates soul shards passive or drain soul, Destro is just too obvious, your on flames if you have burning embers your not if you don't, Demonology is the only one i classify as can't, have to check if i'm close to 1000 cap or oom)
    Warrior Fury
    Shammy

Can't
    DK
    Pala

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the what you mean by "play". Do mediocre dps? Sure, you could do that on a Hunter, but to get the absolute most out of your class you need to constantly monitor your focus and Thrill of the Hunt procs as one bad Arcane Shot can delay your signature shot and that is a loss. It takes a lot of getting used to and memorising when you can use your abilities to still have enough focus to do whatever is next.

That probably applies to most classes, you can faceroll most nowadays and do mediocre to decent (with some classes) dps, but to do well then you have to monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    As fury even in 534 ilvl i'm almost always stuck on 100 rage, different for arms tho.
    You are doing it wrong then mate . (You are supposed to Glyph it first and have 120) and you are supposed to be dumping it through non Proc Wild Strikes/ Proc Wild Strikes+Heroic Strike then. And you only pool for Colossus Smash

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    That's probably why I wasn't very nice to people who died to mechanics, I always thought you had to be completely tunnel visioning to die or you're either picking your nose... you barely have to pay attention to your abilities because there's little to nothing to do, it almost becomes a muscle reaction and your hand just repeats the pattern by itself.
    Or you're trying to push dps to the max and didn't move when you were supposed to because you were trying to get that extra spell in. Yes, dps>dead dps, but if you didn't die then it would pay off, but it didn't for said situation. Sometimes, the best that you feel you can do isn't enough, and you have to maximise where you can and improve.
    There's nothing to do if you're bad, if you're at the very top then there definitely is, not to mention it changes on nearly every fight to maximise your gains and minimise your losses.

I can with a mage, but that is my main. Then when I tried playing a hunter I was constantly watching the focus bar.