Idea for Elemental.

I recently posted this on the US WoW forums but got no replies or feedback.
    An expanding of Fulmination to affect all of our shocks would be a welcome change in my opinion. It would provide additional utility to Elemental's toolkit via a small healing absorption

Lightning Shield charges generated via

Rolling Thunder (Passive) When you deal damage with Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning while your Lightning Shield ability is active, you have a 60% chance to recover 2% of your mana and to generate an additional Lightning Shield charge, up to a maximum of 7 charges.

Fulmination (Passive) When you have 6-7 Lightning Shield charges, your Shock spells will consume them for additional effects.
    Earth Shock will consume 6-7 charges and deal damage equal to 6-7 charges.
    Flame Shock will consume 3 charges and deal damage equal to 3 charges instantly and then deal periodic damage plus 3-4 charges.
    Frost Shock will consume 4 charges and deal damage equal to 4 charges instantly and then absorb healing received by the target equal to 2-3 charges.

In addition a nice cooldown to grant the Shaman its resource.

Fulminating Lightning (Instant) Grants the Shaman 4 Lightning Shield charges. In addition, Lightning Shield damage is increased by 25% for 20 seconds, or until 7 Lightning Shield charges are consumed. 2 min C.D.

Any feedback is welcomed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

I like the concept, but not necessarily the options you have (but that is basically opinion).

I think I would make this into a talent and have it be something called "enhance shocks" or something like that.

Earth Shock: Leave as is, but buff it's damage slightly (not to make it OP, but obviously to make it worthwhile compared to the current use of fulmination).
    Flame Shock: Consumes one charge an applies Flame shock to the current target, then applies flame shock on up to X nearby enemies (X = remaining charges).
    Frost Shock: Consumes one charge to snare/slow current target, then applies this same affect on up to X:2 nearby targets (X:2 = one target per every 2 charges).

I personally do not like unleashed fury and I like ideas like this where you take a talent and it gives you multiple mini options within the talent. Overall I like the concept!

Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    I like the concept, but not necessarily the options you have (but that is basically opinion).

I think I would make this into a talent and have it be something called "enhance shocks" or something like that.

Earth Shock: Leave as is, but buff it's damage slightly (not to make it OP, but obviously to make it worthwhile compared to the current use of fulmination).
    Flame Shock: Consumes one charge an applies Flame shock to the current target, then applies flame shock on up to X nearby enemies (X = remaining charges).
    Frost Shock: Consumes one charge to snare/slow current target, then applies this same affect on up to X:2 nearby targets (X:2 = one target per every 2 charges).

I personally do not like unleashed fury and I like ideas like this where you take a talent and it gives you multiple mini options within the talent. Overall I like the concept!
    It wouldn't work as a talent since the fulmination is elemental only. I doubt they would take a unique mechanic and give it to the Shaman class. Besides I thought this would be a nice concept to help with Ele's single target, without completely revamping our spec
    Last edited by shamantime; 2014-01-03 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    It wouldn't work as a talent since the fulmination is elemental only. I doubt they would take a unique mechanic and give it to the Shaman class. Besides I thought this would be a nice concept to help with Ele's single target, without completely revamping our spec
    Ahhh good point, didn't even think of that. I was just thinking of elemental ideas. I still think if they did it, they'd have to serve multiple purposes (1 direct damage, 1 aoe, 1 utility).

Deleted
    Rather leave it as it is. Don't fix what isn't broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    I like the general idea, but in a single target fight this would suck. Say that you've got 7 charges and Flame Shock is falling off; instead of releasing the charges on ES for maximum dps gain, you have to waste the charges on FS (and it won't have any effect as it's a single target fight). Though this could be addressed somehow, of course.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

I think ES-Fulm. should be AoE. If we are going to be casting CL all the time for AoE might as well have ES-Fulm. do damage to main target and then 40% to all other targets within 6-8yds of main one. If we have FS spread to all enemies we will be capped with Lava Burst all the time. AoE > ST if there are more than 2 enemies, and this way we can have ES-Fulm. viable for ST and AoE.
    Last edited by shamantime; 2014-01-04 at 02:46 AM.

Not sure I like it because I will be forced to expend my charges for when I need to use Frost Shock, or Flame Shock making me unable to save it for a timed burst with Earth Shock.
    I would personally like to see Fulmination be a bigger portion of Elemental damage rather than Lava Surge. I think it is alright for specs to revolve around procs, but Elemental has gone way beyond the sweet spot.