Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blue tweet about pvp balance from today!

Blue tweet from today:

Are we really going to go another week without addressing how weak Spriests/Boomkins are and OP Warriors/Mages are?
    Shadow & Balance not in the same ballpark with respect to balance/representation, etc. Shadow just worse than early expac. (Source)
    Shadow went from highly represented, to second to last with the change of a patch. If War/Mage is toned down, could help w/ Balance
    Second to last? By what measure? (Source)
    Keep in mind, I don't consider "representation" as a good measure of balance, but even if I did I don't see the data. (Source)
    I was just curious as to why there has been no consideration of changes for sp's regardless of idea output from the communtiy
    Idea output from the community has never been a factor on whether or not we make a change (Source)
    so, what's the point of beta and ptr? /confused
    Feedback is always welcome. (Source)
    But the implication that if the community proposes a lot of solutions, we must choose one of them is false. (Source)

what do you really think about warrior? Overpowered/a bit op or balanced? Serious question
    They we're considered weak so we buffed them. Then they were considered too good so we rolled back a buff. (Source)
    So for me I am going to see how things play out a bit more but I think they are strong but manageable. (Source)

Soooo, i started to read and was like "omgomgomg they finally adress the problems with SP...", well and warriors. So i went for a coffee, i sit back and start to read. And wtf

Why even post such an interview... He gives no answers at all, its just a waste of pixels/ time.

I love to pvp but the balance of some classes is so retarded and after seeing this post my hopes were once again shattered for some weeks. I imagine for a gamedesigner it takes like 1min to make a change ...

I guess i just go back to arenas and let warr/restodruid shit on me, cause they are managable as i could read.

Deleted
    would help if you posted link to it

Another 1500 player making a post about PvP balance, shocking. Let's read through some things.

Shadow Priests were absurdly overpowered for the first season or two of MoP, they get nerfed down, and people freak up instead of adapting. SPriests are still viable, just run SPriest/RSham/Rogue and you're set, though there are other comps as well. Boomkins are pretty meh, but Boomkin/Ele/HPriest works and Boomkin/Rogue/Hpriest works pretty well.

Warriors are more than manageable, and far from the most overpowered class currently. Mages and Rogues are both significantly stronger, and Hunters are about equal to Warriors, a little less damage but an absurd amount of CC.

Warriors aren't hard to deal with, every class has a way to survive against them.

Shadow Priests looked awesome out of the gate in 5.4, but a day or two into the patch Blizzard took out the nerf bat. From a PVE perspective, Shadow Priest ranked dead last in DPS. So, I don't understand why they nerfed shadow priests, let alone felt the urgency to do so. At the moment Shadow Priest are the worst class in PVE and PVP, I don't believe that distinction ever occurred before. Meanwhile, warriors are insanely OP and Blizzards remedy is two aspirin for cancer. The bottom line is, the two biggest WOW you tubers play warriors and Blizzard wants the class to be ridiculously OP in order to maintain the free publicity for their game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, one of blizzard's problems is that they kind of seem to demean players by saying we really aren't looking at things right when we don't have as much information as they do. Meters and class representation is one of our means to see if things are balance, because we have very few things we do have. Not to say that this information is telling all of the story but my argument still holds.

Warrior representation 5.3 to 5.4 is not natural climb. Now I am not saying that they are overpowered, but maybe some other classes are underpowered. The nerfs to shadow priest and boomkins(damage reduction) has clearly affected them hugely. Not to mention the nerfs to their damage. I can do more damage on my 513 warrior than I can do on my 522 Boomkin, is that supposed to be okay? Are certain specs/classes supposed to have such a huge damage difference?

Also telling me go X comp or X comp does not seem that balanced to me, I do not want to be forced to playing with a certain comp, I want to be able to pick and choose who I want to play with like everyone else.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Obviously warriors have crazy representation this season - more than a class should realistically have, that's a fact that can't really be argued.

But I'm guessing that a lot of warriors got their rating before the intervene nurf, which meant that there are probably a lot of warriors sitting on high ratings. This probably inflates warrior representation and could be a metric that blizzard has to evaluate class performance that the community doesn't really have. Imagine if warriors took major gamebreaking nurfs, that made them *by far* the worst PvP class in the game. At this point in the season, they would maintain high representation and people would probably still call for warrior nurfs because of it.

I'm not saying that this happened (because warriors are obviously not weak), but it is a potential scenario in which calling for additional nurfs based on skewed representation can come to the wrong conclusion.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Another 1500 player making a post about PvP balance, shocking. Let's read through some things.

Shadow Priests were absurdly overpowered for the first season or two of MoP, they get nerfed down, and people freak up instead of adapting. SPriests are still viable, just run SPriest/RSham/Rogue and you're set, though there are other comps as well. Boomkins are pretty meh, but Boomkin/Ele/HPriest works and Boomkin/Rogue/Hpriest works pretty well.

Warriors are more than manageable, and far from the most overpowered class currently. Mages and Rogues are both significantly stronger, and Hunters are about equal to Warriors, a little less damage but an absurd amount of CC.

Warriors aren't hard to deal with, every class has a way to survive against them.
    i can agree with most of this but saying "warriors arnt hard to deal with" is a little silly to say lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Eh, one of blizzard's problems is that they kind of seem to demean players by saying we really aren't looking at things right when we don't have as much information as they do. Meters and class representation is one of our means to see if things are balance, because we have very few things we do have. Not to say that this information is telling all of the story but my argument still holds.
    It is the tale of the blind men and the elephant though. Yes it is all that we have, but we should be careful with our conclusions. Players tend to switch to the FotM class and dismiss the rest as unviable over small percentage changes.

Warrior representation 5.3 to 5.4 is not natural climb. Now I am not saying that they are overpowered, but maybe some other classes are underpowered. The nerfs to shadow priest and boomkins(damage reduction) has clearly affected them hugely. Not to mention the nerfs to their damage. I can do more damage on my 513 warrior than I can do on my 522 Boomkin, is that supposed to be okay? Are certain specs/classes supposed to have such a huge damage difference?
    The question is what does a boomkin bring and what does a warrior bring? How do you compare damage to utility?

Also telling me go X comp or X comp does not seem that balanced to me, I do not want to be forced to playing with a certain comp, I want to be able to pick and choose who I want to play with like everyone else.
    That is where to above question continues: some comps perform better than others and synergy matters - but that is not to say that the rest is unviable and you can't play it.

I think a lot of warriors are sitting on rating atm. They're still strong but not as strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    The question is what does a boomkin bring and what does a warrior bring? How do you compare damage to utility?
    Boomkin has more off heals and maybe a bit more reliable cc but it is not like warriors are bad in the utility department. They have a crit banner, a defensive banner, a fear , can have two interrupts and 2 spell reflects and can have two stuns talented. The damage disparity is just to great, for the amount that the utility is actually a gain.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted

and what wrong with a 1.5k rated player replying tbh theres more people between 0-1.5k than there is a 2k rated + yet again the rating bashing comes in seriously its a game if u like to play for high ratings fine but dnt bash people who dont

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    and what wrong with a 1.5k rated player replying tbh theres more people between 0-1.5k than there is a 2k rated + yet again the rating bashing comes in seriously its a game if u like to play for high ratings fine but dnt bash people who dont
    Its hard to use information from inexperienced pvpers in any sort of argument because they cannot play their class nor their arena comp to its potential, and therefore classes that seem weak can actually be really strong when played well and vice versa. You can't expect balance changes around 1500 bracket because the classes are not fully utilized. It would be like saying blizzard should balance classes in raids based on their performance in LFR. Im not a huge fan of "rating bashing" on people either but it is a good indication of how much weight an opinion should be given in balance context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    Its hard to use information from inexperienced pvpers in any sort of argument because they cannot play their class nor their arena comp to its potential, and therefore classes that seem weak can actually be really strong when played well and vice versa. You can't expect balance changes around 1500 bracket because the classes are not fully utilized. It would be like saying blizzard should balance classes in raids based on their performance in LFR. Im not a huge fan of "rating bashing" on people either but it is a good indication of how much weight an opinion should be given in balance context.
    To all who bring this argument about 1500 opinion is shit... I admit my best rating ever was like 1830. but in case of warriors this patch its like if you would say that to count 1+1 one needs to have studied mathematics

I've seen this touted tons yet I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how am SP can do anything against a warrior but lube up and ask him to be gentle.

so why is 1500 so bad? it is like the top 20% of all people that do arena
    maybe higher then that to be honest
    History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by heroim View Post
    Umm, no? 1500 is the absolute bottom of "people that do arena".

You had me until you suggested that rogues are better than warriors currently. Warriors are far and away the best class right now.

1500 is literally where you /start/ MMR wise for arenas.
    Aka: They literally have no idea what they're doing.

Also - Rogues are better than warriors.
    The only thing they don't have is sustained damage - and the absurd burst/cc they bring onto the field outshines warriors.
    It's obvious the people thinking warriors are currently better have never faced a decent rogue team. They will literally kill you in a bomb if you don't trinket from their own burst alone.

Now pair that with a mage.

inb4 "you're a warrior" - Warriors are stupidly strong and stupidly easy to play.
    Rogues are mages are in the uncanny valley.

Quote Originally Posted by heroim View Post

That top 20% is just there to get their weekly cap and shiny gear, they do not give a single toss about game ballance.
    However if it takes them to many games to get the aforementioned cap, it means that every comp they run into , the common denominator is clearly op.

Only if that class can be taken out with a minimum of effort, cc and team communication has balance in their eyes been achieved.

TLDR: majority of this games player base consists out of entitled and whiny individuals that couldn't dps or play their way out of a wet paper bag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    low rating doesnt mean bad player im a damn good pvper cos ive been pvping since patch 1.3 and im not a high rated player cos i play for fun, and people can easily be boosted to high ratings also so your point is invalid