Thread: Post Your UI

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got a question, if I have a aura with more than one trigger and set it to activate on any triggers, is it possible to say have trigger 1 for a cooldown being active and counting down to when I can use it and a second trigger to being the same cooldown except show it in gray scale and it being ready to be used or no?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Got a question, if I have a aura with more than one trigger and set it to activate on any triggers, is it possible to say have trigger 1 for a cooldown being active and counting down to when I can use it and a second trigger to being the same cooldown except show it in gray scale and it being ready to be used or no?
    Nah gotta go with 2 auras if you want one to show when it's off CD and one when it's on CD

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    http://pastebin.com/C8vcHUei

It's 2 of each buff since one is red = it's not active and the other one is the normal color which means it is active but I have that on Show:Never since I don't need to know that I have it because I get that information from knowing I don't miss it.
    lol i actualy made a weak aura like that yesterday.
    I have it so that the buffs im missing are "normal" icons, while buffs i have, are greyed out and the alpha set to 50% with tooltip and cooldown. And its hidden in combat

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks. And for Invoke Xuen, you don't get a buff when you use it nor did I see a combat log event when I used it. How would I go about showing it being active? And can you macro it to /startattack when you use it because for some reason, even though I have Xuen set to assist he NEVER attacks I have to manually hit the keybind for him to attack. It's good some times since I want him to attack certain things, but most times I just want him to assist me.

Deleted
    Ok, thanks. And for Invoke Xuen, you don't get a buff when you use it nor did I see a combat log event when I used it. How would I go about showing it being active? And can you macro it to /startattack when you use it because for some reason, even though I have Xuen set to assist he NEVER attacks I have to manually hit the keybind for him to attack. It's good some times since I want him to attack certain things, but most times I just want him to assist me.
    The way I did it with Army of the Dead and Stampede which are similar.
    Trigger.
    Type: Event.
    Event: Combat Log.
    Message Prefix: Spell.
    Message Suffix: Cast Success.
    Source Unit: Player.
    Spell Name: Stampede (Name of the spell you want it to check)
    Hide: Timed.
    Duration (s): 20 (The duration the pet is out)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Looks like the texture I had. But don't know it's name really. Could be one of the Tapestry ones or one of the Halcyon ones.
    One of you need to send this "DM3" texture to me! I've seen it around and used it in the past, as everyone else I'm sure, but I can't find it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Either your grid isn't correctly aligned to the middle of your screen. Or your actionbars and totembar isn't.
    A tip I learned a few years ago is to take an envelope, or a sheet of paper, and hold it over the screen to see if things are aligned. It's not perfect, but it works really well when Align isn't doing it's job.

Quote Originally Posted by Muncken87 View Post

How about now?
    Looks a lot better, but the actionbars are still 1px off.

EDIT: Your DPS meter is quite a bit wider than your minimap, it makes it look lopsided, worth looking into. I'm unsure if I missed a post saying these things or not. I skimmed these 2 pages.
    Last edited by mmocd31d5ad991; 2014-01-05 at 01:21 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, I used Summon instead of Cast Success though. Wonder if that makes any difference. Guess I'll see when I test it and all.

I still don't have any idea of how I could show things like interrupt cd, main attack cds (keg smash, etc), and other small things like that.

The Ancient Barrier bar, how would I make it change colors based on the debuff (weak, moderate, heavy)?

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-05 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks, I used Summon instead of Cast Success though. Wonder if that makes any difference. Guess I'll see when I test it and all.

I still don't have any idea of how I could show things like interrupt cd, main attack cds (keg smash, etc), and other small things like that.
    Display
    Either, Cooldown crossed or %p in Text.

Trigger.
    Type: Status
    Spell: Keg Smash (or what ever spell you wanna track)
    Remaining Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    One of you need to send this "DM3" texture to me! I've seen it around and used it in the past, as everyone else I'm sure, but I can't find it anymore.

A tip I learned a few years ago is to take an envelope, or a sheet of paper, and hold it over the screen to see if things are aligned. It's not perfect, but it works really well when Align isn't doing it's job.

Looks a lot better, but the actionbars are still 1px off.

EDIT: Your DPS meter is quite a bit wider than your minimap, it makes it look lopsided, worth looking into. I'm unsure if I missed a post saying these things or not. I skimmed these 2 pages.
    Alrite, the thing with bartender, im not sure how to fix that 0.5px but i will check lua.
    i think if i crunch my skada, maybe i wont be able to see the text so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    In response to the people after the DM3 texture...
    https://github.com/Coolkids/s_Core/b.../Media/dM3.tga

To download it click on "Raw".

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Display
    Either, Cooldown crossed or %p in Text.

Trigger.
    Type: Status
    Spell: Keg Smash (or what ever spell you wanna track)
    Remaining Time
    Oh no, I know how to display those, I was asking I don't know where I should put the auras for those small things at lol.

The Ancient Barrier bar, how would I make it change colors based on the debuff (weak, moderate, heavy)?
    Custom string. I've included the code for mine for you. It won't matter for most people, but on my pally tank I have a lot of control over my health, so it's worth seeing where I'm at.
    Code:
    dmKlnaGiL0LasHrbrofe1SGs3sef7civggPQJbulJu5zajttfvxdQY2ev4BqvzCqbDoOQ6EIQ2hqk5GqyHQWdfrPjkkDrveTrOiFuevgjqQ6KqbwPQ6LaPuZuevDtGu0ovf)uurlvfHNs0uffxve5Rkk7vQ)cvgm1HvyXkXJjLjRkDzHnRsFwegnqCAsETksZgs3wrSBc)wPgUI0YL8CrA6GUoGTdf13Hc14fv68kQwVkkZhkK9JUb3zA5Kw(2Y3otlHrUqmHosK2YCMuMKhdEozlx21BuhdTtFR90wk3OQ3wciGLkrIO6mTudifUN0YlGqdQ2cKqMFAAAA1LwSH0jjuWSXcW9I06u0X8OwXsVolgNsJqOPcbK(yuLkQvKP3fTydPtsOGzJfG7fP1POJ5rTILEfHqtfci9XOkvuRitVlAXgsNKqbZgla3lsRtrhZJAfl9QewBrcAecnviG0hJQurTImneKqWpnnnnnnnDfqGsqdlGGFAAA6q8YFiE5NF(5N)g2YLD9gvYUr3vNPFoVF03WwoeQjdOAl6mTCYqj6mTuBJURt0ycpD6Wh(0JpmuVo8Hh4Cak86BYGhETeoFA0snGu4EslbsdCAB0D1hTuBJURJ(rFlt1gOX8(bClhOtbz0p6BzU9J(woVF03sTn6Uq0pGBP2gDxjx)aULAB0DLz(0OLAaPW9KwQTr3fMaeATSciqjOVacnOAlqAATturAkw6cmw6eGXsVagl9amw6shw6e6WsVOdl9qhY8ttttRU0ZqG7yuLkQSXcW9stmkpTqHsdbje8ttttttttRU0ZqG7yuLkQSXcW9sNpp9kcHMkeq6JrvQOwPHGec(PPPPPPPPPPPPr3Adu6shDEA9Go8NJZXNE8WqmuhOWth(pNFAAAAAAAAAAAA0T2aLoHo680G5NMMMMMMMMMMMgDRnqPx0rNNwpOthOWVoW4Ldmmh6W354bMFAAAAAAAAAAAA0T2aLEOJopny(PPPPPPPPPPPPRacuc6sh2e6WUOd7qh)00000000H4LFAAAAAAAA1LEgcChJQurLnwaUx685PxLWAlsqJqOPcbK(yuLkQvAiiHGFAAAAAAAAAAA6kGaLGU0HnHoSl6Wo0XpnnnnnnnDiE5NMMMMMMMwDPNHa3XOkvuzJfG7LoFE61zX4uAecnviG0hJQurTsdbje00000000008ttttttttttttxbeOe0fySjaJDbm2by(PPPPPPPPdXl)0000H4L)q82YAdhWOF03YuTbAKB)aULVa1aQ2IwcUHnSLWsLiruDMwcNpnAPgqkCpPLAaPW9eCW5tJwMchqG0wQbKc3tKWH2PPT8ci0GQTajK5NMMMwDPfBi9me4ogvPIkBSaCV0qqcb)0000vabkbDiEPPPP5NMMMgDRnqPNHa3XOkvus1zbDE60an0GibgpSjjuWSXcW9I06u0X8OwXspdbUJrvQOYgla3lYiZpnnnDfqGsqpdbUJrvQOKQZcAAAA(dXl)8ZFl1asH7jzbQbuTfT8ci0GQTajK5NMMMwDPfBi9me4ogvPIkBSaCV0qqcbn)00000000vabkbTES6XQNFAAA6q8Ypnnnn6wBGspdbUJrvQOKQZc680PbAObrcmEytsOGzJfG7fP1POJ5rTILEgcChJQurLnwaUxKrMFAAA6kGaLGEgcChJQurjvNfyPtsOGG(yGcbb0CKlsRtrhZJAfzS0Wci4peV8Zp)8Zp)83snGu4EYZys0YlGqdQ2cKqMFAAA6kGaLGEgcChJQurLnwaUx(dXl)8Zp)8Zp)TmWCiGPTmPhmidoejDceTudKq70wgyoeWwQbKc3tA5fqObvBbsiZpnnn9me4ogvPIkBSaCV05PVd00GFAAAA1LojHcMnwaUxKwNIoMh1kw61zX4uAecnviG0hJQurTImnXO80cfkneKqWpnnnnnnn9me4ogvPIkBSaCV05PxNfJtPri0uHasFmQsf1k)0000H4LFAAAA1LojHcMnwaUxKwNIoMh1kw6vecnviG0hJQurTImnXO80cfkneKqWpnnnnnnn9me4ogvPIkBSaCV05Pxri0uHasFmQsf1k)0000H4LFAAAA1LojHcMnwaUxKwNIoMh1kw6vjS2Ie0ieAQqaPpgvPIAfzAIr5PfkuAiiHGFAAAAAAA6ziWDmQsfv2yb4EPZtVkH1wKGgHqtfci9XOkvuR8tttthIx(PPPPvx6ziWDmQsfv2yb4EPZNN(oqtdAiiHGFAAAAAAA6kGaLG(oqtd(PPPPdXl)0000vabkbnSac(dXl)8Zp)83snGu4EcoquVrl1asH7jnSLlJkz3O7QZ0pG7h99JUgtNJh(bJF94HNEDNdoh4hF5OVjdEGQFav)aUHTeg5cLQZI(bm4wopN3BAa7NZXtFlHQjrHj0rI0wMZKYK8yWZjBj6E82zAjqAGlvDw0lTeinWHgyoq7JwE2weTuQIeb9(sNZkrPMmzuTeinWvB0OpAjqAG7STi6JwwB0OZ0YuLibA0YmiEaTB5eauOQZ0Wg2s0aZbkU90OgWD1sqR8TeinW9QUxLgakCEV0sG0aNiWCu9slrdmhOTe)6BzQ6SOZ0YjaOqvNPLWq0hTeIXHao)QWC0hT8Ig5QwqJ(OHnSHTCzOD6BTNMSB0D1z6hW9J((rx)OVFav)OVFoVFa3WwQ02IEPLl76nQ(OLvKqTfzMpnA5aOglJQLPWH2PP9slvABbUu1B0YK)KyktlhVVkOAlgO4GLkrIOs7mnSLWixiqfTe0pqZzYORLWixiM2cylpzUtRinfJhZPprY1Yxv6u0X8mrUWtOsacSL0GgPTeQMeLuDw0pGb3s1Blri0uHasNnwaUx6m1q70OAjunjkmTfWwEYCNwrAkgpMtFIKRLyS6fcs)ak96B5YUEJkN3BAa7hDTCzxVrHbI0a2pGBPaysMsLiruP9d4wcsOsacSFaL(g2Y0wwGsFlXC)a(CW6By3

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you're the guy I got the positioning of the UI from lol.

Yup, gathered that :P

I modified mine a bit more now with the ideas I had in mind earlier. I did make a new vengeance weak aura, but I'm still not sure what, if anything, i can put in my lower right hand corner to balance the UI out more.

Clean: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215252.jpg
    Everything Open: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215015.jpg

Personally I'm pretty happy with the changes, but let me know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    Yup, gathered that :P

I modified mine a bit more now with the ideas I had in mind earlier. I did make a new vengeance weak aura, but I'm still not sure what, if anything, i can put in my lower right hand corner to balance the UI out more.

Clean: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215252.jpg
    Everything Open: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...414_215015.jpg

Personally I'm pretty happy with the changes, but let me know what you guys think.
    is that the elvui (addonskin) border for WA or a seperate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy with this now. Comments?

Is it possible to have to many weakauras?

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-01-05 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    In response to the people after the DM3 texture...
    https://github.com/Coolkids/s_Core/b.../Media/dM3.tga

To download it click on "Raw".
    Thanks a bunch!

Alrite, the thing with bartender, im not sure how to fix that 0.5px but i will check lua.
    i think if i crunch my skada, maybe i wont be able to see the text so well.
    It's worth looking into removing the info in the paranthesis, and use the shortest abbreviation possible. Mine is about the size of your minimap and I have loads of space for more text, even with a pretty long name (8 characters)

Looking at it again, is your Skada font the same as your font on the unitframes? The M looks a lot wider, if it isn't you should try it with the more narrow font and see if you can crunch the width down a bit.

Is it possible to have to many weakauras?
    Nope.

Deleted
    Thanks a bunch!

It's worth looking into removing the info in the paranthesis, and use the shortest abbreviation possible. Mine is about the size of your minimap and I have loads of space for more text, even with a pretty long name (8 characters)

Looking at it again, is your Skada font the same as your font on the unitframes? The M looks a lot wider, if it isn't you should try it with the more narrow font and see if you can crunch the width down a bit.

Nope.
    Not so sure how to remove that text in Skada tbh, the text in skada was different but its changed now.

About bartender i have no clue where in lua to change the position from 0 to 0.5

Deleted
    Not so sure how to remove that text in Skada tbh, the text in skada was different but its changed now.

About bartender i have no clue where in lua to change the position from 0 to 0.5
    Mine's formatted like this:

Interface -> AddOns -> Skada -> Columns -> Damage, check which ones you want to show. I use Damage and DPS, cause I don't care about the % of damage someone does. I've been thinking of hiding DPS aswell, because there's a separate window for that anyway. I can just right click Skada, choose DPS and it'll show me that information. It feels redundant showing it on two tabs but I'm too lazy to fix it.

You can move them via your SavedVariables, if you go in your Bartender.lua inside your SavedVariables folder, you'll see a table containing all your settings. They'll probably be sorted by profiles first, so find which one you use, under that you'll see your settings for that profile. You'll want to find the bars in question. Chances are they're called "bar1" and "bar2" etc.
    There'll be position settings in there somewhere, and you can just increase the value by 1. You don't want to move it by 0.5 pixels, that can cause problems with border thickness and blurry textures. DBM, for example, is notorious for screwing up borders because of this. Try moving it a full pixel and see how it looks. It's worth trying atleast.

Unless that's what you meant by "in lua", if you've already gone through the SavedVariables I can't help you because I don't use Bartender, my advice follows the "shoot and hope it sticks"-logic.

Deleted
    Mine's formatted like this:

Interface -> AddOns -> Skada -> Columns -> Damage, check which ones you want to show. I use Damage and DPS, cause I don't care about the % of damage someone does. I've been thinking of hiding DPS aswell, because there's a separate window for that anyway. I can just right click Skada, choose DPS and it'll show me that information. It feels redundant showing it on two tabs but I'm too lazy to fix it.

You can move them via your SavedVariables, if you go in your Bartender.lua inside your SavedVariables folder, you'll see a table containing all your settings. They'll probably be sorted by profiles first, so find which one you use, under that you'll see your settings for that profile. You'll want to find the bars in question. Chances are they're called "bar1" and "bar2" etc.
    There'll be position settings in there somewhere, and you can just increase the value by 1. You don't want to move it by 0.5 pixels, that can cause problems with border thickness and blurry textures. DBM, for example, is notorious for screwing up borders because of this. Try moving it a full pixel and see how it looks. It's worth trying atleast.

Unless that's what you meant by "in lua", if you've already gone through the SavedVariables I can't help you because I don't use Bartender, my advice follows the "shoot and hope it sticks"-logic.
    Alrite Skada seems to work fine, but changing any value in the Savedvariables, nothing changes, and after reload it wanna go back to the default numbers in the savedvariables file. so im not sure , and also when i move my bars i always have to add like 0.4 to one side, like 121.4 otherwise the icons get blurry
    Last edited by mmoc2569500d57; 2014-01-05 at 05:37 PM.