Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Why not choose something the military uses to defend our country to defend our homes? What you are looking at is a design based on the proven functionality of the m16 rifle, and adapted to something everyone can use, modify, and personalize. This is a proven reliable format.

Why does that make us insecure? Are you mad because you don't fully understand it? Are you mad because you can's afford it?
    Am I mad? No, I'm not mad, because I don't feel the need to own a Military Grade Weapon to defend my home. What are you defending against exactly that needs that amount of firepower?

Also, switching to personal attacks, you've lost the argument mate, good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yes, they're lethal. We know this. But so are knives, rocks, plastic bags, pillows "

No where near as lethal. You have to be close with a knife to get someone. Same with most things. A gun is a lethal ranged weapon that a 8 year old can use. ( And do ) It is how easy they are to use that are the problem.

I am not scared of guns but there is ZERO reason for ANY civilian to own one.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Am I mad? No, I'm not mad, because I don't feel the need to own a Military Grade Weapon to defend my home. What are you defending against exactly that needs that amount of firepower? .
    ok, whats 'too much firepower'. What caliber?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    And when a rock hits someone on the head, it kinda hurts. Should we ban rocks now too?
    Guns are made by humans to kill humans (and few other various things), rocks are produced by nature and other than hitting someone with it, you can use them as materials, to build, etc.

Theres a slight difference between them
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Caliber alone isn't the issue, it's the attitude, the amount of ammo and the amount of weapons. I've asked several times, and got no answer, Why do you need that much firepower? Why not just have a pistol?

10+ Year Old Account
    Caliber alone isn't the issue, it's the attitude, the amount of ammo and the amount of weapons. I've asked several times, and got no answer, Why do you need that much firepower? Why not just have a pistol?
    ... Or a police force. The only countries that need self defence weapons are 3rd world ones. (Which I am more and more convinced America should be. What kind of fucked up violate place needs armed guards at schools?)
    Aye mate

Deleted
    If the russians, muslim, zombies, <enter villian of the week> attack.
    Maybe just to counter the war on christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    So, there are two options for using guns as "sport".

Either you are shooting live animals, which is the definition of "hurting stuff", or you are shooting at targets, which you could do in a heavily controlled shooting range with guns that you don't take home.

Which is it?
    Target practice and take my gun home, so not 400 other people use it and I have to regulate the optics every time I am going off to target practice or competitions.

Deleted
    Im not afraid of guns at all, But then I am blessed (or cursed depending on point of view) to live in a country where we have very strict gun control laws. Sure criminals can get their hands on them, but its a lot harder to do so.

Now if I lived in a country with a culture of easy access to guns, I would be afraid. Not of the gun because that is an inanimate object. What I would be afraid of is the person carrying it has no value of life and would easily point and shoot someone.

Why do you need that much firepower?
    I like collecting, I like shooting at the range. Nor is it called the bill of 'needs'. We dont 'need' free speech to live either.

Why not just have a pistol?
    Hunt deer with pistols, great idea.
    Moreover, why do you lock in on rifles of all things when the mast majority of gun crime comes from pistols

Im getting the vibe you think pistols fire smaller rounds or something

Didn't you know that that dastardly .22 round could punch a watermelon sized hole in a target from 1000 yards away...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because hunting deer is something you can't do without in 2014... We have these things called farms that feed people.
    Aye mate

Am I mad? No, I'm not mad, because I don't feel the need to own a Military Grade Weapon to defend my home. What are you defending against exactly that needs that amount of firepower?

Also, switching to personal attacks, you've lost the argument mate, good job.
    You do know the 5.56/.223 round is near the perfect home defense round save #1 buckshot? It's a round that is designed to stop and loose energy when it hits something by tumbling/fragmenting after impact. This makes it so you don't accidentally blast through 4-5 walls and kill your neighbor sleeping in his bed. If you hit your target you generally don't have to worry about it going through the intruder and travelling through a wall.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/02/1...fense-caliber/

The video link talks about using an AR15 vs double barreled shotgun for home defense. Lot's of good info and entertaining to watch.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    we are not afraid of guns.
    we are afraid of the idiots wich hold them.

saw fruitvale station yesterday. wtf at that.
    nobody should ever be able to have a gun on its person. its too easy to grab and use it in the wrong kind of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because hunting deer is something you can't do without in 2014... We have these things called farms that feed people.
    I can do without a lot of things. I can do without pools, which kill more than guns every year as I pointed out earlier.

Threads reminding me of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkt1vAX0MRM

10+ Year Old Account
    I can do without a lot of things. I can do without pools, which kill more than guns every year as I pointed out earlier.
    A pool isn't designed to kill humans or animals... You can do without weapons made for only ONE thing. To murder.
    Aye mate

Why do you even need to hunt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    *snip*
    I don't blame guns for people using them, I blame the people for being so fucking stupid. Laws need to be put into place so that people who don't have proper respect, understanding and training are not allowed to own guns. I'm fine with responsible people owning guns, I'm not fine with how lax gun laws are that irresponsible people can easily get extremely deadly weapons. There are an absurd number of accidental shootings in Texas, the sad part is many of them are children shooting other children. There are too many people who own guns and don't teach their children proper gun safety or practice it themselves. I have never fired a gun and yet I know basic gun safety.

The laws we have in place do NOT have strict enough requirements to ensure that the only legal gun owners are responsible enough to own firearms. We need laws that require more training before you're allowed to own a gun, it isn't any more unreasonable than the requirement of a drivers license. Both vehicles and guns can easily be deadly weapons, however one is very easy to get while the other requires a large time investment and demonstration of responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Threads reminding me of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkt1vAX0MRM
    LOL that video is about how I picture people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    A pool isn't designed to kill humans or animals... You can do without weapons made for only ONE thing. To murder.
    Deer arent people

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why do you even need to hunt?
    How else am I going to get enough blood. My altar to Ron Paul and the NRA demands it.