Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Possible new Night Elf models question

Not sure if this forum or the WoD forum was proper to post this in but I'll just ask anyway. With each of the races character models being updated, I was curious, do you think that the new Night Elf models (at least for females anyway..) will be the same as Ysera, Alexstraza, Sylvanas? Or will they just be more updated like the Dwarf. Gnome and Orc models they've shown so far?

Deleted
    I think people (including myself) would be disappointed if Blizzard just reused a model already in-game (even though it looks great). I think they're doing it right by making entirely new models for each and every race so as to not piss off too many people. It may look similar to those, but not the same I think.

Deleted
    We are not prepared (pun intended) for what they will look like, honestly the ones they have shown so far are so far ahead of anything else we have in game atm, it's anyone's guess what they will look like, but I guarantee you they will look amazing.

They will be more like updated dwarf/gnome/orc to retain the 'feel'. Sylvanas/alexstrasza are blood elf skeletons
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish! But I'm fairly positive they will look the same just more high res.

Personally I like the models that Ysera, Alexstraza and Sylvanas use currently. But I think sadly they will probably just sharpen up the models like they have so far with the Orcs, Gnomes and Dwarves that we've seen on the WoD site.

@Raiju, not sure I understand what you mean that they use Blood Elf skeletons?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    @Raiju, not sure I understand what you mean that they use Blood Elf skeletons?
    As in they took the base from a Blood Elf, enlarged all the "bones" used to connect for structure and motion, then reskinned them. That's why the three of them look identical and Ysera doesn't stick out despite being Night Elf colored.

The only ones that have a chance of looking like Sylvanas / Alexstrasza / Ysera will be the Blood elf females not the Night elves. Since those models are based on BE female.

Queen Azshara's model is a good "preview" of how the new night elves might look imo.

It's the same way some of the non proto drake mounts have proto drake skeletons. It all deals with how the actual items(characters mounts etc) are made to be what you see as the final version.

Umm that's a weird question... I mean, why wouldn't they update them the same way they have with the Dwarf/Gnome/Orc models? It's not like they are inferior races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    The only ones that have a chance of looking like Sylvanas / Alexstrasza / Ysera will be the Blood elf females not the Night elves. Since those models are based on BE female.

Queen Azshara's model is a good "preview" of how the new night elves might look imo.
    Doubt it. Once they update the player models they will also update the NPC's aswell which means Sylvanas / Alexstrasza / Ysera / Azshara will look much better. Those are just reskins after all. Have you seen any Gnome/Dwarf/Orc with such detail as the new ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it. Once they update the player models they will also update the NPC's aswell which means Sylvanas / Alexstrasza / Ysera / Azshara will look much better. Those are just reskins after all. Have you seen any Gnome/Dwarf/Orc with such detail as the new ones?

Err all the leaders and special notable characters will stay the same. the models for say Captain Taylor and the others will change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Err all the leaders and special notable characters will stay the same. the models for say Captain Taylor and the others will change.
    They were updated and added new skins to show their importance. Remaining with the old skeleton goes against this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They were updated and added new skins to show their importance. Remaining with the old skeleton goes against this.
    They can't just replace the skeleton and keep their 'new' model, they would have to remodel them again to fit the new bones. Which they might, in the future, but probably not right away.

Whatever the new Night Elves turn out to be like, they are going to be exponentially better than Alex/Ysera's models, those are from Wrath after all. The new animations and facial bone rigging is going to add a whole new level of emotion and character to the models. Aesthetically I think we can expect them to look like the more recent unique Night Elf models, specifically Tyrande and Illidan.

You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Careful Ladies...Illidan...may be too demonic for your tastes
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We'll probably be able to see the pupils of their eyes too. Unlike Tyrande's in the abve picture. Also notice Illidan's mouth. The new ones will be able to breath.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Whatever the new Night Elves turn out to be like, they are going to be exponentially better than Alex/Ysera's models, those are from Wrath after all. The new animations and facial bone rigging is going to add a whole new level of emotion and character to the models. Aesthetically I think we can expect them to look like the more recent unique Night Elf models, specifically Tyrande and Illidan.

Current night elf models have always grossed me out a little. Their proportions are so stretched out and wonky. I'd roll a toon if it looked more like illidan though.

I don't think we'll be seeing them any time soon, they'll probably be part of the last race rollouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Current night elf models have always grossed me out a little. Their proportions are so stretched out and wonky. I'd roll a toon if it looked more like illidan though.
    I, too, have always wanted to play as Agent Smith.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Not sure if this forum or the WoD forum was proper to post this in but I'll just ask anyway. With each of the races character models being updated, I was curious, do you think that the new Night Elf models (at least for females anyway..) will be the same as Ysera, Alexstraza, Sylvanas? Or will they just be more updated like the Dwarf. Gnome and Orc models they've shown so far?
    I don't think they will look like those. I really wish they will but, I doubt it. THey want to stay faithful to the originals, so upping their breast size by several sizes would be breaking that original model.