I saw that. I think that was a bad deal for Cavs. They unloaded Bynum but they already have a backcourt. Unless they make Deng play SG and move Dion Waiters like they want too.

Last night I saw Nets play (only 3 games on, wtf) and they scraped by Atlanta. I'll say this: PP is so old it's sloppy, KG is so old he's tired and can't move well, Joe Johnson is good but not worth his contract. Nets offense is horrible. AK 47 is the man.

Btw I was loling at how biased Nets commentators were. It felt to me like Nets were getting all the calls and the announcers still complained. They were right to complain but the way they dramatized it was lol.

Actually one announcer said something about AK 47 being tough (he took a knee to the face and only worried if the ball was Nets) and he said something about some players needing stretchers and mentioned Lebron. I only realized after reading bleacherreport later that he meant Lebron is a flopper. Jajaja, they made a big deal out of it too.

Nets are 3-0 in 2014. Knicks are doing well too I think. Climbing back to get bounced round 2, hell yeah bitches.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw I neglected this thread, I could have posted some shenanagin videos of JR Smith untying people's shoelaces during free throw rebound waiting or of Lebron/Wade or Blake dunks but ehhh I'm more invested in football, basketball is boring these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I saw that. I think that was a bad deal for Cavs. They unloaded Bynum but they already have a backcourt. Unless they make Deng play SG and move Dion Waiters like they want too.
    Huh?

The Cavs had nothing resembling a starting caliber NBA SF, which Deng is. It was a glaring hole on the roster that had to be filled with Earl Clark (not a 3, but backup PF), Alonzo Gee (D-league caliber player) and CJ Miles (more of a SG and mediocre at best). They had to resort to playing a 3 guard lineup because the SF situation was so bad. The picks they gave up are pretty lousy. Waiters is the 6th man and has been excelling in that role, and contrary to reports, the FO isn't trying to move him. Waiters does not conflict with Deng at all.

Oh. I thought Deng was a SG, then I googled him and saw 6' 9" and...lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cav's fans seem awful excited about the trade. The picks the Bulls got are really shitty. I hate these protected picks they keep trading for.

What a stupid, stupid trade for Cleveland. They gave up some actual assets and got back half a year of Deng, which they can use to battle for a 6 seed in the East. The best case outcome of this trade is getting their heads handed to them in the second round of the playoffs. More likely, they won't even move up that high and will get swept out in the first round.

The Bulls didn't really get much, but they didn't really give up something that mattered for them in a tangible way. The only question is if they could have found a higher bidder. Maybe they could have, but I don't really think so; Deng's salary made him a bit of a cap issue (they'd usually have to take salary back, the Bynum situation was easier) and most teams aren't going to give up much for a half year of a guy. The Bulls also get worse and improve their pick this year.

But hey, if Dan Gilbert's shown us anything, it's that he's a short sighted, impatient child, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What a stupid, stupid trade for Cleveland. They gave up some actual assets and got back half a year of Deng, which they can use to battle for a 6 seed in the East. The best case outcome of this trade is getting their heads handed to them in the second round of the playoffs. More likely, they won't even move up that high and will get swept out in the first round.

The Bulls didn't really get much, but they didn't really give up something that mattered for them in a tangible way. The only question is if they could have found a higher bidder. Maybe they could have, but I don't really think so; Deng's salary made him a bit of a cap issue (they'd usually have to take salary back, the Bynum situation was easier) and most teams aren't going to give up much for a half year of a guy. The Bulls also get worse and improve their pick this year.

But hey, if Dan Gilbert's shown us anything, it's that he's a short sighted, impatient child, so I shouldn't be surprised.
    The Cavs still have plenty of assets to acquire another really good player. Their future 1sts, Memphis 1st (protected 1-5 and 15-30), Waiters, Bennett, Thompson, Karasev, etc. This isn't the last move they're going to make, and it certainly doesn't cement them as a treadmill team. None of the assets they gave up for Deng are very good at all. Aside from that, Deng is a perfect fit for the team. Gives them a sorely needed SF and veteran leadership they needed in the worst way. They will also have his rights to re-sign him, which they will have a good chance at doing.

Dan Gilbert has been anything but impatient, despite his post-decision rant. He purposefully allowed his team to be awful for 3 years just to acquire draft picks. That's a lot more patience than most owners would exhibit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder why its Paxson who's talking to the media today. Hopefully Gar is going to be shown the exit soon. I can't stand that guy's face.

Saw this on reddit and couldn't resist posting:

And that wasn't called a travel. Well, ball doesn't lie; he turned it over regardless.

When I was a kid at summer camp this one guy didn't know basketball rules (we were like 6) and just got the ball and started running like crazy down the court. Anytime I see an obvious travel not called it reminds me of that.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your pronunciation. It's not "ball doesn't lie," it's "ball don't lie."

Ya I saw that shit lol. Superstar call I guess lol?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your pronunciation. It's not "ball doesn't lie," it's "ball don't lie."
    Sorry, I don't understand you're grammer.

Ya I saw that shit lol. Superstar call I guess lol?
    I guess, not like they call traveling much anyways...

Yeah I was gonna chalk it up to laziness.

I mentioned J.R. Smith untied Shawn Marion's shoes during a free throw when they were both standing on the sidelines right? Ya he got fined $50k and now Knicks are trying to trade him.

OH WHAT'S THAT KNICKS FRONT OFFICE? EVERYONE SAID J.R. SMITH IS A PSYCHOPATH WHO SHOULDN'T GET A 4 YEAR CONTRACT AND DON'T OVERPAY HIM FOR SOME 6TH MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD? YOU CAN'T NOT DO THAT BECAUSE YOU'RE RETARDED? I see...

I took a nap and missed it but Nets are about to beat Golden State. 4-0 2014 mother fuckers.

- - - Updated - - -

Wtf is with Jason Kidd btw, he's the only head coach I know to not wear a formal suit and tie. He just wears a button down, no tie, with an informal big jacket like a fucking business casual guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually now that I look at Barclays they look like a cool stadium. They play some cool music sometimes. Not like Madison Square Garden. Fucking rich Manhattan pricks barely make a sound and make games boring. I need crowd cheering for good games.

Home court should be a big advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR. Tonight is TNT Thursday.

Heat @ Knicks (wtf I should have gotten tickets. Actually I have virtual group info sessions with some graduate schools tomorrow night.) I think Knicks are gonna get owned, but if Knicks win I'll say Knicks can make playoffs. If Heat win I'll say maybe Heat can reclaim top seed from Indiana (Indiana lost to Atlanta last night.)

Then OKC @ Denver. Denver isn't good lol but since it's at Denver maybe OKC will have trouble breathing so I guess I'll watch it. Nothing better to watch. Maybe.

I took a nap and missed it but Nets are about to beat Golden State. 4-0 2014 mother fuckers.
    Seriously depressed me that this happened and this was the way I found out D:. The poor starts had to get them at some point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moistmuffins View Post
    this was the way I found out D:
    I really lol'ed. It's funny because I'm an asshole and I probably didn't phrase it in a courtious way.

I really lol'ed. It's funny because I'm an asshole and I probably didn't phrase it in a courtious way.
    Haha nah it's all good 5 games in 7 days and ending the road trip on a back to back had to break somewhere and a hot nets team worked it. Turnovers didn't help either, but GS is notorious for handing the other team points.

I heard you guys in Chicago are amnestying Bynum to save $20 mil.....

Which means Bynum becomes a free agent.

Which means he could sign with Dallas, Clippers, NYK, or Heat. Or he could "not play basketball" like he said.

How much you guys wanna bet Knicks get him and overpay him and he ends up typical lazy thug arrogant asshole New Yorker, OR Miami takes him for cheap and he gets peer pressured by fucking Miami Big 3 (mostly Lebron) to work hard, and it works out for them maybe. Or Clippers get him and Clippers disappoint as usual.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, I don't want NY to get him unless they can pay $6m or less for him. He's worth $6m per year. Although we already have too many people in New York with leg problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moistmuffins View Post
    Haha nah it's all good 5 games in 7 days and ending the road trip on a back to back had to break somewhere and a hot nets team worked it. Turnovers didn't help either, but GS is notorious for handing the other team points.
    Lols I don't mean to add insult to injury but...apparently if GSW won that game they'd have a 7 game win streak on a road trip, something no one ever did before.

Sucks.

Oh my source so my school doesn't find this account and ban me for plagiarism.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...h-barren-bench

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard you guys in Chicago are amnestying Bynum to save $20 mil.....
    Rumor is that they'll use that money and the savings from amnestying boozer to try to lure Carmello Anthony.

Usa today says Houston might want to make a trade for Dunleavy. I don't know what they got that the Bulls would want. If they're willing to come off next year's 1st rounder I could get behind that trade.

I'd like to see them stockpile picks and try to trade up. I dream of Jabari wearing red and black.

All this talk, and nothing about the irrelevant Lakers. It depresses me.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I'd like to see them stockpile picks and try to trade up. I dream of Jabari wearing red and black.
    No one is going to trade down unless you're giving them a superstar like Love or Wesbrook. Especially this upcoming draft, a top 3 pick is inifinitely more valuable than 5+ picks lower than 15.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-01-09 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    No one is going to trade down unless you're giving them a superstar like Love or Wesbrook. Especially this upcoming draft, a top 3 pick is inifitely more valuable than 5+ picks lower than 15.
    You're probably right, but it's happened before. I'm pretty sure that's how they got Loul Deng.

Well i was wrong about Deng it was for a player and a pick, but the fact still stands that Nba teams make bad decisions, and it' might be possible.

Not to mention that if they fall into the lottery, you know, we just might get lucky.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2014-01-09 at 11:31 PM.