Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

They didn't really "hotfix" hunters at all...

Again they made the problem even worse by buffing aspect of the hawk, all this means that hunters are going to be even more dmg with little to no effort making the class even more out of balance than before, instead addressing the real problem with hunters which is focus.

they should have changed from focus to mana. That wouldn't be a revamp, but more like devamping into its original balanced state = a fix = which would make it a hotfix in reality because it would be infact the hottest change to hunters because it would be the most popular change to hunters and more ppl would play them. It would make it more challenging again. like how removing diablo ah would be a popular change now its actually going to be a challenge for people to get gear instead of buying their way through everything. same idea.

mana was a good resource for hunters, if they made the changes with hunters in cata and in mop and still kept mana it would have been pretty close to perfection in terms of balance. I know they had it in wow beta but it was waay too clunky and its still clunky today, which is why im glad they went mana instead.

This isn't a hotfix, this is just a tiny Band-Aid on a gigantic wound which doesn't solve anything. If people know whats good for them they would be able to look past their posts and get the bigger picture here. Blizz is kinda being lazy on this one, and more people are quitting hunters cause its no longer challenging as it once was in wrath.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2014-01-08 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're aware there's an expansion incoming and things change quite a bit across the board for all classes somewhat. And that Blizzard have even mentioned that they're going to do something for hunters. Of course this is a band aid, and quite frankly that's fine. Because any change they make now, soon, will be undone.

Swapping to mana wouldn't fix that either... I'm sure you can get an addon to make your focus bar blue and change all the tooltips, if you really want...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a thinly veiled "WTB Hunter Mana back." Face it you lost but ignored all the constructive arguments against you because it doesn't work with your agenda.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You're aware there's an expansion incoming and things change quite a bit across the board for all classes somewhat. And that Blizzard have even mentioned that they're going to do something for hunters. Of course this is a band aid, and quite frankly that's fine. Because any change they make now, soon, will be undone.

Swapping to mana wouldn't fix that either... I'm sure you can get an addon to make your focus bar blue and change all the tooltips, if you really want...
    It would fix it, you just skimmed through my entire post.

Deleted
    Do you mind explaining why you really hate focus so much?

Because every post I've read from you in the hunter forum lately always mention something about your opinion to why you think it's such a disgrace for us hunters to use focus instead of mana..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Do you mind explaining why you really hate focus so much?

Because every post I've read from you in the hunter forum lately always mention something about your opinion to why you think it's such a disgrace for us hunters to use focus instead of mana..
    If you have really read through my posts and threads you would know by now why I dislike it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post

you didn't even fucking say what the problem is... just that it would fix it... there is nothing to fix... mana was just as endless back then if you were a decent player just like focus is now... good players will use it to it's full potential while noobs will be focus capped a lot...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it would not. Your solution is "change things back to how they were 3.5 years ago, then things would be balanced" but thats such rubbish because the game has evolved and the hunter would not have. That will put you either ahead or behind. If it balanced you perfectly that would be a complete miracle. The odds are astronomical. You've posted no fix, rather a nostalgic rant and then calling it a fix with no evidence behind it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    The hotfix implemented was only to bring classes damage in line.

And if you're actually asking for mana back, because it made the class more, what, hard/interesting(?), then you haven't played the hunter with mana. The only difference was that you were able to spam abilities, and because having mana as a resource today for casters is basicly just having a much larger focus bar, that only depletes when you screw up.

Basicly, having focus today is actually harder, because you aren't able to unload 10-30 arcane shots in a row, and you have to play around weaving SS or CS between actual abilities. Another point is that having focus as a resource actually raises the skill cap, by letting you pool resources and reacting to procs/buffs/debuffs.

This isn't a hotfix, this is just a tiny Band-Aid
    A hotfix is basicly meant as a Band-Aid, where a patch is like stitches and a revamp is full on surgery.

Yes that was weird... >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Face it you lost.
    What did I lose so far? no one has made any compelling arguments to focus other than "its new and shiny looking"

Focus fits better than mana because they aren't casters.

hordeslayer you are my hero and I hope one day you will be reunited with your mana huntars.

Why do you constantly spam threads about how you think focus sucks? It's not going to change

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, is this guys going to create the same topic everyday? Btw, focus is way better than mana because I don't like blue.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ting-mana-back

Deleted
    Mana was bad. Really, really bad. I didn't play a lot of hunter when they did use mana, but the rotation was as boring as the other classes'. Spam that button, press that button on CD. React to absolutely nothing, just follow this and you'll do 99% of the maximum dps.

It was horrible, it was really boring. Locks with shadowbolts were worse, or mages with Arcane blast, but hunters were really bad too.

Focus is a much better resource, as it opens up to a much more fun and living rotation. There's no discussion value here, these are facts. It's better now.

Is it more fun? That's subjective, but it's better now, without a doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Focus fits better than mana because they aren't casters.
    ret and holy Palys use mana too and don't cast spells

10+ Year Old Account
    ret and holy Palys use mana too and don't cast spells
    Yes they do. You are just wrong.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Focus is the best thing to have ever happened to Hunters, aside from being able to shoot in melee.

Wanting mana back is just ridiculously backwards, like if warlocks asked for the return of their ancient horrible Soul Shard mechanic.

What did I lose so far? no one has made any compelling arguments to focus other than "its new and shiny looking"
    And he complains about people not reading his own post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

they should have changed from focus to mana.
    Stopped reading here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.