Thread: WoD in July

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoD in July

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I should've put this into the Warlords of Draenor general discussion... and that's why I didn't see a post like this because I was watching the General Discussion forums, not the WoD general discussions...
    Next PvP season will probably start on February 18.
    So they would probably release WoD on July 15.
    Worst release time ever, I think.
    So they probably release it on June 24 or 26 to make it in the second quarter.
    I think these dates are pretty much accurate because of this:
    Anyway I wonder how many people will stop playing between now and july. No new content for 10-11 months.
    Last edited by mmoca506320b02; 2014-01-08 at 08:17 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    A summer release is awful, for me it will be summer and the heat a computer adds to a already warm room is something I want to avoid. Also a lot of people play less in the summer months, what the heck are blizzard doing.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joycemiester View Post
    A summer release is awful, for me it will be summer and the heat a computer adds to a already warm room is something I want to avoid. Also a lot of people play less in the summer months, what the heck are blizzard doing.
    this is just speculation

10+ Year Old Account
    July is the least realistic month, as most of the world is off on vacation...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they are aware of summer... they can just make this Season last 1-2 Weeks longer, then make the next Season 1 Week longer and keep 3-4 without Season before the Xpac release, like they always did before. Which makes it September which is fine... MoP was released in September, SoO was released in September.

I'm just a little bit disappointed that it won't be BEFORE summer. With an additional Season before WoD with 20 weeks we can be 100% sure that there will be no Xpac this Spring. So it will be September/October most likely.

I highly doubt that Blizzard would be so damn stupid.
    There's a few competing, somewhat, MMO's released this year. I don't think Blizzard want to push their next xpac when the player base is down by 30-50% (late June/July) due to people actually being outside for once.

Sure, the competing MMOs have a long way before they are close to WoWs numbers, but if they released WoD in the middle of the summer break/vacation, that'd just be... well...

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing less totally doesn't mean not subbing and not buying an expansion. Summer doesn't mean jack shit, I wish people would finally understand that Blizz would never delay a release for months just because it's summer. Or other shitty month like january... Remember BC release? Right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qweez View Post
    Sure, the competing MMOs have a long way before they are close to WoWs numbers, but if they released WoD in the middle of the summer break/vacation, that'd just be... well...
    What? Smart. I think it's smart to release when you're done and not 2 months later.

I just hope a new raid or something is gonna fill inn while we wait for WoD. I can't raid SoO for another 5-8 months xD

I just hope a new raid or something is gonna fill inn while we wait for WoD. I can't raid SoO for another 5-8 months xD
    They said that SoO would be the last raid content for MoP, so dont get your hopes up.

I'm pretty sure they are aware of summer... they can just make this Season last 1-2 Weeks longer, then make the next Season 1 Week longer and keep 3-4 without Season before the Xpac release, like they always did before. Which makes it September which is fine... MoP was released in September, SoO was released in September.
    If we have to wait until september, i guarantee you subs will drop faster than 12 year old girls around justin bieber. I'm already bored of SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I just started playing on a fresh account, so i will have enough to do untill july.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

You can pretty much find reasons for every season to be "bad for release". They aren't though. It's not an argument Blizzard considers.

Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    I'm just a little bit disappointed that it won't be BEFORE summer. With an additional Season before WoD with 20 weeks we can be 100% sure that there will be no Xpac this Spring. So it will be September/October most likely.
    Never believed this talking about "releasing xpacs faster", "WoD is closer than expected". The truth is, they couldn't pull it off even with way more teams and resources on their hands, fast releases are just not Blizzard's thing. The sooner people understand that as a given the better.
    BTW The possibility for a pre-summer release practically died when they announced RoS to release early this year; they wouldn't be so stupid and make players choose between two of their games within a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    If we have to wait until september, i guarantee you subs will drop faster than 12 year old girls around justin bieber. I'm already bored of SoO.
    There is no evidence from the previous xpacs, not even Cata with its dreadful 8 bosses nerfed-to-the-ground DS raid, that would support this assumption.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

There is no evidence from the previous xpacs, not even Cata with its dreadful 8 bosses nerfed-to-the-ground DS raid, that would support this assumption.
    You didn't notice the massive sub drop towards the end of Cata? People were fed up with DS since it lasted for what? A year?

Now I am not expecting WoD before August.
    Sad but true.... we were trolled by blizz saying no final tier as long as icc or ds; this one will not be different and it doesn't matter how many resources where added to the dev team.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that keeps me going is dual boxing, with 5$ account and RAF it's fun. My goal is to dual dps/heal in LFR
    Not sure it will last for me till (speculative) July release. Sub ends on February, but then I'll have free month from my 2nd Raf'ed account, but in March we should have at least WoD beta so we shall see.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Considering 95% of the playerbase hasnt cleared Garrosh (exluding LFR) there is no real rush...

Deleted
    Very much doubt they would release it in mid summer. I would suspect September to the honest.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    With this new pvp season it definately appears to push WoD to July / August (at the earliest)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what to think about this, honestly.

When Blizzcon rolled around I was thinking maybe mid to late spring, possibly early summer but figured that would be putting it right on the edge of how long people are willing to hang around in the same end of expansion raid tier before quitting. Now it looks like it probably will be early summer.

I personally quit a couple weeks before 5.4 launched, with one toon up to 18/20 secrets in the legendary cloak questline, and didn't come back until a couple of months ago. I finished up the cloak and leveled another character fresh and am now working on the cloak for that character. I am 14/20 on her secrets right now. It won't take that much longer before both of those characters are in full upgraded LFR gear and I don't have any plans to do any other raiding this expansion atm, so on one hand I'm not really sure what I'm going to be doing for six more months of the same raid, while on the other, it will be nice to know for sure I can get both characters "finished" (for my purposes) before the expansion.

I have plenty of other stuff to do between professions, gold making, archaeology, pet battling, etc that I have barely stepped into yet, and I'm leveling another toon right now that I will probably want to get the cloak on as well so I'm not really worried about running out of things to do. I think I am mostly concerned because I remember at the end of Cataclysm running 5 characters through LFR every week plus guild raids on my main character I burned myself out and ended up quitting until a few months into MoP and I don't want that to happen again, to me or others.

Blizzard has really been letting these end of expansion tiers run for way too long.

It's not July, stop being so optimistic. July is the earliest they can do it based on what they are saying now, and something is bound to change in the next few months, something *will* go "wrong", based on their past performance.

It's August or September, or maybe even October.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    You didn't notice the massive sub drop towards the end of Cata? People were fed up with DS since it lasted for what? A year?
    Which suited them just fine so a lot of players would play (and buy) their new game Diablo3. By design my friend, by design...