Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Why they still bother to put the time into making heroic raids I have no idea. The % of people doing them is just going down and down.
    Source?

Compared to Naxxramas 40 times, where only 0,1% even saw it, we currently have 1,5% being at 13/14H in SoO.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, does Blizzard only answer Hunter pet problems in the last two months? I thought we had greater concerns in this game, than adding new pet families and having to talk about it in every other tweet.

Deleted
    <3 Peter Hollens

@ Chaud: I just thought about it seeing that there are nearly three times as many characters as accounts in the data. If you havent, can you please do a chart for how many active lvl 90 characters an account has?
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-09 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atrixx View Post
    Umm, what? Exactly what experience do you have?

I've deployed the Oracle Contact Center, Avaya, and a few other contact center systems and from your description, you clearly have no idea how they work. Offering call back service instead of having someone wait in queue isn't bad. If you've ever used EBay, this is how their system is setup and they give an advisory on how long the wait time is. Most major companies give you the ability to enter the callback system if you don't want to wait. To me, that is better customer service.

The process isn't that difficult. Since it appears their inbound call options will go away, every callback request is going to go into a queue and autopop into the CSR's system when it is that person's turn. The system is fully automated and there isn't an issue of a Blizzard employee choosing to call you back or not.

I would hope someone with a claim as being a leader for a customer service operation would show a better understanding of the role they are in. My point of view is from 15 years of contact center operations managements, including owning a center that provided third-party solutions to IT companies and their end-users.
    As someone who use to work in a call centre, on customer services, I can see this as a step backwards. However let's look at the positives, you go online and arrange a call back, within 5 minutes you get your call back issue gets resolved. This is great, no waiting in a queue, you might be able to pick a time that suits you for the call back.

What about if you go online, arrange a call back, you explain your issue. Blizzard tries to help, but in your eyes they're not helping. It get's to a point where they say there's nothing more we can do for you. So you go away think it over and come to the conclusion that you're not happy with that response. So where you would normally call back hoping to speak to someone different, who might be able to advise you differently, instead you have the same person repeating what they have already told you. So again you go away, still not happy, you arrange another call back. My worry is Blizzard will see your call request, if they log calls, they will be able to see a call history this enables them to ignore you. This takes what little power you have as a customer away.

If the system is fully automated then that should prevent the ability to cherry pick calls, but let's be honest we don't know what the backend of their system looks like and how they are using it.

If this service existed with the ability to still be able to ring Blizzard, then I'd say what a great service.

Why they still bother to put the time into making heroic raids I have no idea. The % of people doing them is just going down and down.
    Because you clearly overestimate number of people who have done heroic raiding in the past.

Deleted
    heroic raids, 1.5%...

Good god that's way lower then i thought i thought the people that are now STILL playing were all high end progression raiders, guess not.
    I unsubbed few months ago, mop is bad and the only reason blizzard will learn is by $$$ and amount of players cause i AM the silent majority

15+ Year Old Account
    Peter Hollens for president!
    holy shit that was good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypetrain View Post
    heroic raids, 1.5%...

Good god that's way lower then i thought i thought the people that are now STILL playing were all high end progression raiders, guess not.
    I unsubbed few months ago, mop is bad and the only reason blizzard will learn is by $$$ and amount of players cause i AM the silent majority
    Dunno about you, but classic WoW had roughly the same amount of subs as now 5.4 MoP if I'm not mistaken, and 1,5x more people seen endgame content is good enought for me. Especially if its 1,5% sitting at 13/14H - as in, progressing on the currently hardest boss.

That 1,5% is only for world rank 1 to whatever the last kill of Klaxxi HC was, and that also only in 10 man raids.

Deleted
    Because without them, even lower end raiders would have less to look forward to. Even simply having a higher goal than a lot of people can/will accomplish will keep people playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Hey, my question about the Toy box and maybe adding in older eng, Trinkets popped up on the Front page.. oh god i see how bad my grammar is

and i dunno, i was more hopeing that something so minor as the shrinkray turned into a clickable toy instead of a Trinket would of been fun

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    @ Chaud: I just thought about it seeing that there are nearly three times as many characters as accounts in the data. If you havent, can you please do a chart for how many active lvl 90 characters an account has?
    Yeah, it is planned for the future. Just a few changes I want to make to get that last percent or two of characters to match first.

Interesting fact, I came across someone with 73 level 90 characters on one account when working on verifying the matching.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow...barely anyone raids heroics...which is kinda funny when you think about it, whiners complain about lfr and want to remove something a large portion of players do yet are completely fine with resources going into something where only a fraction of the player base even aim for let alone achieve...

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    This is a huge leap foreward?

Its just plain retarted, im in the customer center service as a manager for a long time and this is the worse way you can support your customers.

So now i have a problem with the faction change + race change bug that i took a name and is now flagged.

So i need support, lets call blizzard .. oh wait not enabled anymore .. make a ticket .. what 5 days????

So now i need to wait for some lazy ass Blizzard employee to call me back some day?

Just plain stupid.
    How do you know it's not just handed over to people waiting at computers with headsets?

I used to work for roadside assistance and during the busy time (winter) if the queues were long, the caller was provided the option to press X to get on the callback list, what this did was keep the caller in his or her place in the queue and once their turn was up, me as an agent would receive the whisper and then would hear the dial-tone then hear it auto-dial for me and call the client. This DID NOT hurt their wait time as it was THE SAME whether they stayed there and waited in line waiting for me to get to them or not.

All this does is probably make a queue of callbacks and the agents receive either a automated ticket in their system that auto-dials the callback number or they do it by hand. It's probably NOT a random database of callbacks that the agent just randomly chooses when or who he/she wishes to call.

In all honesty, this is for the better, you may not see it, but instead of me waiting an hour in queue, I'll get my callback in an hour, seems like a better situation for me as a customer to get a call versus me wasting an hour waiting.

I suppose, you work in customer service and you rather make the customer wait and suffer!

1% or less have killed the last 4 bosses on heroic.
    So all the people complaining here they've got noting to till WoD just happen to be in that 1%? What a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by hnlntm View Post
    As someone who use to work in a call centre, on customer services, I can see this as a step backwards. However let's look at the positives, you go online and arrange a call back, within 5 minutes you get your call back issue gets resolved. This is great, no waiting in a queue, you might be able to pick a time that suits you for the call back.

What about if you go online, arrange a call back, you explain your issue. Blizzard tries to help, but in your eyes they're not helping. It get's to a point where they say there's nothing more we can do for you. So you go away think it over and come to the conclusion that you're not happy with that response. So where you would normally call back hoping to speak to someone different, who might be able to advise you differently, instead you have the same person repeating what they have already told you. So again you go away, still not happy, you arrange another call back. My worry is Blizzard will see your call request, if they log calls, they will be able to see a call history this enables them to ignore you. This takes what little power you have as a customer away.

If the system is fully automated then that should prevent the ability to cherry pick calls, but let's be honest we don't know what the backend of their system looks like and how they are using it.

If this service existed with the ability to still be able to ring Blizzard, then I'd say what a great service.

Sure, we don't know what their backend looks like, but I think we can all agree that they probably will not be able to cherry pick what to call back. It is probably automated. Blizzard CS is probably just like any regular customer service call centre.

I've worked for various ISP's for tech support, roadside assistance, etc... Some had callback options, some did not, the one's who had callbacks were intertwined with the incoming calls. The callbacks were still placed in the queue of incoming calls. There was no difference if I would of wasted an hour waiting for someone to pick up or for them to place their callback request and our system auto-dialed them after the hour wait just like if they were waiting in queue.

This is a huge plus and bonus for anyone who values their times during peak hours of customer service demand. There is nothing bad here.

This is what is going to happen...

Instead of 100 people waiting in queue for CS, waiting for who knows how long, these 100 people place a callback request and they are essentially in a "queue" and will be called back accordingly.

Caller #100 had to wait two hours in the queue.
    Callback #100 probably will get his call back in two hours.

What would you prefer? To waste two hours waiting? Or to get your call when you would of if you would of waited?

It's the same if there was let's say 1 or 2 people in queue versus 1 or 2 callback requests, the length of time for the callback will probably mirror the length of time of wait if waiting on the line.

This is a major win for the consumer.

The data used today is a sample made up of 6.2 million characters from 2.2 million accounts, with at least one character active after November 26.
    I can't even bring myself to level a second character to 90 this expansion, and yet on average people are running 3 characters through SoO heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, it is planned for the future. Just a few changes I want to make to get that last percent or two of characters to match first.

Interesting fact, I came across someone with 73 level 90 characters on one account when working on verifying the matching.
    I'm guessing a gold seller of some kind. Either that or someone has a lot of time on their hands. That's what 7 of each class?

If blizz didn't do heroic raids 3 of the teams in my guild would probably just quit. Having a higher goal keeps people playing and I'm enjoying our journey to heroic Garrosh and I wish more players had the opportunity to participate. Heroics can be fun if the group allows it to be.

And the hunter pet conversation was with 1 dev a couple days ago. It was one of many many questions they answered that day and probably only made it on here bc they eluded to potential new pet. I didn't expect an answer when I asked it.

Agreed on the callback system. Most of Microsoft Premier support works on this structure and it is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    1% or less have killed the last 4 bosses on heroic.
    So all the people complaining here they've got noting to till WoD just happen to be in that 1%? What a coincidence.
    What if I told you that for some people this game isn't only about doing HC raids...