Thread: Same Old Story

Cool Same Old Story

Do you think WoD will just me the same old story of recycled content and gimmicks or will it save the game

I think you're confusing your OP with World of Warcraft and it's expansion sets.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Nothing will save the game at this point since the interest for it is running out. There will probably be a spike in subscribers like there usually is when a new x-pack comes along.

Also why would we as consumers want a large dominating mmo?

I agree it kinda is in a cycle

The game's 10 years old, it's never going to have a "revolution" so to speak.

What do yo mean by recycled content ?

More of the same but different ? As in more raids , dungeons new questing areas ? Well,that's what this game is all about and it worked ok so far.They are trying a few new things such as garrisons. Don't hope for a sudden change of the game because you may dislike it,i for one don't want the game i played for so many years to change drastically.

Also ofc they will stick to the same old forumla,it's the same for all games. You don't see Need For Speed series changing THAT much do you ? Sure they add few new stuff,but it's still racing. Still....NFS 2 SE how i miss thee...

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyJurkey View Post
    Do you think WoD will just me the same old story of recycled content and gimmicks or will it save the game
    wat.
    What's with all these threads about saving WoW. It has literal millions of players, and is still the leading MMORPG. What exactly needs to be saved.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Deleted
    We have to wait and see. I personally hope that it will be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    wat.
    What's with all these threads about saving WoW. It has literal millions of players, and is still the leading MMORPG. What exactly needs to be saved.
    I feel like everything boils down to one thing lately, people seeming to have the notion that everything lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    I feel like everything boils down to one thing lately, people seeming to have the notion that everything lasts forever.
    Alternatively, the same thing that happens to majority groups when they feel pressure from a minority: "Oppression! Losing people! We're dying out!" Wow is so far ahead of its nearest competitor even now during its waning period.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Seems to me WoD is testing a lot of new things.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Yeah i'm not really sure what you're getting at. It's not going to suddenly be some other game. If you're talking about art, staring at a Zandalar and screaming "Night Elf reskin!" is reaching, but people will do it anyway. WoW's story telling and instance content gets better every xpac. I expect a lot of the same, but all of it being much, much better.