Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A brand new player is usually going to not spend any money at first, and level to 20. then they are likley to make the initial purchase which includes up to cata, which brings them to 85 max. then they buy MoP and level to 90. Then WoD to 100. So... all new characters start at 90 bypassing everything including content some players don't even have access to. Brilliant! Blizzard is already having a crappy time bringing in new players, that they have to break the game completely by adding the (still) buggy as hell CRZ to bandaid a perception that the game is empty from level 1 to max level content. Worst idea ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    A brand new player is usually going to not spend any money at first, and level to 20. then they are likley to make the initial purchase which includes up to cata, which brings them to 85 max. then they buy MoP and level to 90. Then WoD to 100. So... all new characters start at 90 bypassing everything including content some players don't even have access to. Brilliant! Blizzard is already having a crappy time bringing in new players, that they have to break the game completely by adding the (still) buggy as hell CRZ to bandaid a perception that the game is empty from level 1 to max level content. Worst idea ever.
    Or, they like it at 20, buy everything up thru WoD, get their free 90, and end up ignoring that little level 20 with their new 90 of the same class. All new players who have WoD will in fact SKIP all of the old content anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Clever. 7 90s shows I am not lazy. 7 years of playing and a Loremaster title shows I am not lazy. Making 5k gold a day shows I am not lazy. But, if I have friends who start playing on another realm, I would rather jump in at 90 and start playing with them. Think before speaking.
    Or you could just realm transfer and play with them that way too.

Or, they like it at 20, buy everything up thru WoD, get their free 90, and end up ignoring that little level 20 with their new 90 of the same class. All new players who have WoD will in fact SKIP all of the old content anyway.
    Yeah... people are gonna get to 20, spend upwards of 100 bucks immediately, to just bypass a good chunk of the content they just paid for, that's what's gonna happen for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... people are gonna get to 20, spend upwards of 100 bucks immediately, to just bypass a good chunk of the content they just paid for, that's what's gonna happen for sure.
    There will be a sale at the WoD launch, just like there has been during every other launch. Returning players will come for the new content. New players will not want to miss out on a free 90. "Hmm, I can save a few bucks and level to 90, or I can just buy the newest one too and get a free 90 and start playing with my friends. Hmmm. What ever shall I do?" Anyone who thinks someone will intentionally level through 90 levels just to catch up with their friend is pretty delusional. I get that you want to be right, and you want others to fall in line with the point you are trying to make, but I do not know ONE SINGLE GAMER who would not take advantage of every opportunity to get knee deep into a game with minimal effort.

There will be a sale at the WoD launch, just like there has been during every other launch. Returning players will come for the new content. New players will not want to miss out on a free 90. "Hmm, I can save a few bucks and level to 90, or I can just buy the newest one too and get a free 90 and start playing with my friends. Hmmm. What ever shall I do?" Anyone who thinks someone will intentionally level through 90 levels just to catch up with their friend is pretty delusional. I get that you want to be right, and you want others to fall in line with the point you are trying to make, but I do not know ONE SINGLE GAMER who would not take advantage of every opportunity to get knee deep into a game with minimal effort.
    Delusional, right. Just like all those people who leveled 1-60 or 1-70 or 1-80 or 1-85 or 1-90 prior to WoD did w/o their free boost just to play with their friends. I guess all your "gamer friends" or whatever all took the route of having a 3rd party site level their characters for them. Dude, You came up with a terrible idea. It's ok, it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, You came up with a terrible idea. It's ok, it happens.
    It's ok. You don't have to agree with my idea. You don't even have to like it. But you should bookmark this thread and comeback the day after WoD and the flood of free 90s.

It's ok. You don't have to agree with my idea. You don't even have to like it. But you should bookmark this thread and comeback the day after WoD and the flood of free 90s.
    LMAO, oh yeah, no one had to pay 40 bucks for the expansion for that "free" 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "world" in WoW if you can skip 95% of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO, oh yeah, no one had to pay 40 bucks for the expansion for that "free" 90.
    Not a monitary free. A level free 90. In otherwords, free of having to level. Pedantics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    ...It would screw up queue times for those who do want to level as well...
    How so, when there are 5 million folks less these days. At 11m, queue times were not that bad this far into the xpac.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Not a monitary free. A level free 90. In otherwords, free of having to level. Pedantics.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!! Um, except it's not free of having to level... still got to level to 100, so even by your own definition, it's not free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be a solid rule with leveling, though it wouldn't be applicable with many people now. With every character you ding to max level, you are given the option to give your alts an exp increase, and every new alt you get to max, the more the exp bonus is for the remaining alts, again, as something you can opt in for having if you want it.
    #boycottchina

There almost might as well not be any content below current expansion anyhow, other than for particularly masochistic or isolationist sorts. The real game is and always has been at level cap. Getting there can certainly be fun, once - maybe twice. Afterwards it's a pain to be endured, and it serves no real purpose nor does it act as a badge of accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    How so, when there are 5 million folks less these days. At 11m, queue times were not that bad this far into the xpac.
    With no reason to do low level content, there would be less than 1M, probably less than 100k leveling normally. That is a huge impact on queue times

This thread needs to be closed. Seriously. There's already a 40+ page thread about this, and the yes votes lost. Stop trying to argue with it. As has already been explained, you can technically already do this by buying multiple copies of WoD. If you're that lazy and you don't like to play an RPG any longer, either fork over the extra cash or stop playing.

Your side lost, people don't like the idea of paid 90s, get over it. No matter how many times people tell you how much of a bad idea it is, you come up with excuses and call them idiots. Then you get frustrated when people break down your ideas and explain why it's a bad idea, and you flame them for it, even claiming that you're "defending yourself" when you get some of the same treatment. No point in discussing this any longer if you refuse to accept: 1. Your idea has been proven to be the minority and is considered lazy. 2. There are already workarounds that make this discussion worthless.

Deleted
    For me all the leveling content is outdated. Maybe that's because I leveled like 5 characters to max level. Starting at level 90 wouldn't be bad for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold on, hold on... XP requirements have been nerfed to Hell and back, leveling is ridiculously easy today, it's nearly impossible to die while leveling, we also have nearly full sets of heirloom gear ON TOP OF the Welfare 90s that we're already getting in WoD and yet you still are asking for all new characters to start at 90?

How lazy are you? Please tell me this doesn't carry over to your real life as well.

Clever. 7 90s shows I am not lazy. 7 years of playing and a Loremaster title shows I am not lazy. Making 5k gold a day shows I am not lazy. But, if I have friends who start playing on another realm, I would rather jump in at 90 and start playing with them. Think before speaking.
    7 90s shows that you own a brain, nothing more. It isn't hard to level, nor is it time consuming, it's nothing to be proud of.

7 years of playing also really doesn't mean a whole lot. In fact, I'm not impressed at all. Playing for X amount of time doesn't determine whether or not you're a lazy scumbag (You are, by the way.) and 7 years under your belt really isn't helping your case, if you haven't been playing since launch, there's really nothing to brag about.

Loremaster title also REALLY does not have ANYTHING to do with whether or not you're lazy (Again you are incredibly lazy.) really it just shows your patient, patience is not the opposite of lazy, however. Powering through low level quests (Most of which are Kill X Y's, collect Z A's, Talk to B..) isn't incredibly difficult.

And just like all of your other points, making 5k gold a day, really doesn't show whether or not you're lazy. All that it tells me is that A.) You have time to farm (Which I'm assuming you do, since you obviously don't raid or PvP.) or B.) You can sell Overpriced Transmog gear to Idiots. I'm impressed by neither.

with minimal effort.
    This line really gets me, you and your line of thinking is literally cancerous to the gaming community. I will admit, however, that despite my feelings on WoW's direction, I am extraordinarily happy that you are nowhere close to a position of power, I can't even stand the thought of a mental abortion like this being implemented into WoW.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2014-01-10 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post
    This thread needs to be closed. Seriously. There's already a 40+ page thread about this, and the yes votes lost. Stop trying to argue with it. As has already been explained, you can technically already do this by buying multiple copies of WoD. If you're that lazy and you don't like to play an RPG any longer, either fork over the extra cash or stop playing.

Your side lost, people don't like the idea of paid 90s, get over it. No matter how many times people tell you how much of a bad idea it is, you come up with excuses and call them idiots. Then you get frustrated when people break down your ideas and explain why it's a bad idea, and you flame them for it, even claiming that you're "defending yourself" when you get some of the same treatment. No point in discussing this any longer if you refuse to accept: 1. Your idea has been proven to be the minority and is considered lazy. 2. There are already workarounds that make this discussion worthless.
    As I said, I'm pretty sure Superman is a troll. He regularly makes the exact same threads, calls people who disagree with him elitists and idiots, gets upset when people disagree with him and claim they're being mean to him, and ignores all the people explaining why his ideas are terrible with the same line, "I just want there to be more choice guys!".

Also, the fact he's constantly reminding us he's definitely an adult with loads of super cereal obligations without anyone asking makes me think he's probably about 13.

No one is stopping them from leveling. The dungeon queues would pick up since more people would prefer my suggestion. People who get SoR get a free 90, who have not played in 2 years, and are not shunned for being bad as an instant 90. Fact is, even once we get our free 90s in WoD, it will not be this crisis collection of bad players which everyone seems to think. I think the main reason people hate the idea is simply because they WANT to quest or dungeon for 90 levels and they will be left all alone and eventually cave to peer pressure to get an instant 90. It's not that the idea is bad, it is that their willpower is almost nil.
    No, dungeon queues would slow down.

People who SoR have already played.

People hate this idea because it is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

It's ok. I get it. Some folks just don't want others to have alternatives.
    People don't want bad alternatives in the game that would negatively effect them, you're right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_b View Post

This is literally ALWAYS how the OP acts in his own threads. I think this is the third post by him that I've seen where I have seen this same behavior.