Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Buying game time for gold

So like an idiot, not knowing the rules, low on money and game time expiring in 10 minutes I decided to take a guy up on paying 10k gold for 60days of wow. I paid him 1k as a down payment and he'd give me the code and then I'd give him the other 9k. I gave him the 1k and he immediately logged off. Since I did not receive the game time and just gave the character gold for no reason am I at risk for a ban? Should I report him for scamming?

Mod-note:
    Topic is locked now, sorry for your loss of gold. But the dicussion of topics like this are not permitted, nor should it be further discussed. It -is- against Blizzard's rules to buy anything real life for gold, as well as buy anything in-game for real money.

- Gehco
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-10 at 11:41 AM.

You should of course report him since it's going to be in chat logs about the offer

edit:
    but most likely they guy is on a stolen account anyways so really he isn't loosing anything.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Will I get banned for it?

You won't get your gold back, but no you won't get banned.

Honestly I'm not sure if you will or wont. If anything you will be out your 1K gold but I don't think you will get banned.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

AFAIK game time for gold transactions are against the ToS - it's an object of real world value traded for digital currency that you do not own according to the ToS. You've been scammed and if you report it, you risk a ban. A lesson for the future I guess.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could careless about the gold, it's chump change. I just don't wanna get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who cheat/break the rules.deserve to be scammed and then banned..

And EVERYONE knows they are not allowed to buy an out-of-game code for in-game gold, because they accept it, every time a patch is released AND it have on the forums over and over for en eternity..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    I could careless about the gold, it's chump change. I just don't wanna get banned.
    Very unlikely. For the next time notice that a legit gametimecard costs a lot more than just 10k. Just take the loss.

You will not be banned, but since there's no way to get your gold back, and no way to punish him since he's moved from the stolen account, whats the point? He's certainly not going to report you. SO what's your worry?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
    You will not be banned, but since there's no way to get your gold back, and no way to punish him since he's moved from the stolen account, whats the point? He's certainly not going to report you. SO what's your worry?
    More curious about the situation than anything.

If it was obvious from the chat logs that a scam had taken place, you might get your gold back, but at the same time, you might just get a ban of your own for trying to buy game time for gold.

Won't get banned, but...

Ingame transactions for game time are false. They are fiction. Imaginary. They never happen. Their occurrence never existed.

Anything relating to the purchase of game time/pet codes/mount codes/whatever for gold in the game are totally impossible, thanks to the Thought...er, 'Chat' Police Blizzard hires to rat out those sellers.

You wount get your gold, you wount get banned, theres no use of reporting him trust me

Game card costs 60+k gold depending on the server.

I've done it before, just find a website. (Won't post the link) rather than getting them from the in-game ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Won't get banned, but...

Ingame transactions for game time are false. They are fiction. Imaginary. They never happen. Their occurrence never existed.
    Yes they never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernity4ever View Post

Game card costs 60+k gold depending on the server.
    Doubt they cost much over 20k on any server :0

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Yes they never happen

Doubt they cost much over 20k on any server :0
    The maelstorm EU 66k for a game card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethernity4ever View Post
    The maelstorm EU 66k for a game card
    on illidan US they only cost about 20-25k for a 2 month time card >.> I buy from guild mates every now and then when I cant afford game time and they use the price they see spammed in trade lol
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    on illidan US they only cost about 20-25k for a 2 month time card >.> I buy from guild mates every now and then when I cant afford game time and they use the price they see spammed in trade lol
    Well, US prices always differed aloth from EU ones. More players or I dunno why, its just diffrent xD We get trade spams here that sell game time for 10-20k, but thouse are scams, they even moved up from the tipical scammers. They give you a code that works, you give them all the gold, then 1 day later you find out that the code they gave you was bought with a stolen credit card, and you lose your gold and your game time xD So basicly buy off a site you trust or off a mate or something like that, never ever buy from trade especially not from a lvl 1 char xD I myself sold and bought game time this way a few times, and theres absolutely nothing wrong with it, Ignore the people that yell out get a job or something like that, farming gold is just as good as anything, ofc its agains the rules but so are many other things people are willing to brake without a moments thought, personally in EU i know aloth of people that get game time this way, and noone has been banned or even warned. Anyway good luck =]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    Just because they spam it in trade doesn't mean it's legitimate. Lol.

Worse than dupers selling Jeweled Onyx Panthers for 20k.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw