Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Mage] Ulduar 25 solo 14/14 + hard modes

Hello everyone !

I'm back with more mage soloing, this time in Ulduar 25 man !
    Originally there to farm enchanting recipes, I found that even a mid-WotLK raid was still a challenge to solo as a mage in 25man, so I decided to make a video

Note that there's only 11 bosses in this video (Ulduar has 14). Why ? because :
    - Thorim hits a bit too hard as of 5.3 to solo (got him down to 17% but he ends up hitting you like 60k/s) but should be a piece of cake with the upcoming raid gear.
    - Algalon hits _way_ too hard and his enrage mechanics (phase punch) makes it out of reach for now.
    - Yogg-Saron +1 should be soloable (with Thorim), but I think the only valuable solo kills are +0. Tried, got to p3, got destroyed by 6 immortal guardians. See you with +30 ilvl Actually, found out it was soloed by a chinese mage, hats off to him

Gear, spec, talents, glyphs, etc

As of 5.3, you'll probably need some heroic gear to defeat the hardest bosses. I did it with 540-545 gear.
    Fire spec, with PoM, Cold Snap & Invocation. Glyph Evocation, Combustion and Armors / Inferno Blast
    Use +275/300 food, intel flask, drums, stamina runescroll

One-line strats :

Flame Leviathan : Place vehicles as shown, spam 2
    Razorscale : Kill adds, kill boss
    Ignis : Tank boss in water, nuke
    Deconstructor : Nuke the boss, DPS down the hearth without killing it (not shown in video, derp derp I don't know mechanics), kill the adds
    Assembly of Iron : Nuke the big one, dps & spellsteal the medium, kill the little
    Kologarn : Stay melee, spread Combustion on arms, win
    Auriaya : Stay melee, do not get destroyed by adds, spread Combustion
    Hodir : Free the adds, run around like an idiot
    Freya +2 : Kill the adds, kill the trees, stay under mushrooms, kill the boss, evoc like crazy
    Mimiron : Nuke, nuke, nuke, kill all 3 simultaneously
    Vezax : LOL.

Thanks for watching and Enjoy !

My armory :
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aitik/advanced

Look in the description for the music

EDIT : Ulduar 25 Hard modes cleaned !

Video :

Bosses :

Flame Leviathan +2 towers (not a "true" hard mode, but +3 and +4 won't be soloable for a while)
    XT-002 Deconstructor with hearth killed
    Assembly of Iron with Runemaster Molgeim last
    Freya +3 elders, an absolute joke with a good ilvl nowadays
    Mimiron with Firefighter enabled
    Thorim (solo implies Hard mode), done in Fire spec with a special trinket
    Yogg-Saron with 0 keepers (has been done multiple times by Mages but wth)
    Algalon 25man, soloed with a Frost spec (he is not tankable)

Music : Vicetone - End of the year 2013 Mix (https://soundcloud.com/vicetone/vice...-year-mix-2013)

Enjoy
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-01-10 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Could i get a link or name of the music you used, real epic .
    Also, great job and nicely put together video. Shows us mages are still solo kings

Cheers and Good Vid.

Deleted
    Tracklist (in order) :

Gemini - Robots
    Rank 1 & Jochen Miller feat.Sarah Bettens - Wild And Perfect Day
    Hadouken! - Mecha Love
    Tobu - Caleum
    Lindsey Stirling - Spontaneous Me
    Tobu & Etori - Vicious
    Aquateca - Azure
    Tobu - Deja Vu
    Savant - Splinter

Quote Originally Posted by Wakojako View Post
    Could i get a link or name of the music you used, real epic .
    Also, great job and nicely put together video. Shows us mages are still solo kings

Cheers and Good Vid.
    Thanks a lot !
    Expect a second video with 5.4 gear for Heroic 25 bosses (Deconstructor, Council, Thorim, Mimiron, Freya +3 ...). Will try Algalon too but I think he is out of reach for us, as we don't have real tank pets and not enough survival.
    Stay tuned for news

I love watching mage soloing, to bad there isn't much of it going on as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fungj View Post
    I love watching mage soloing, to bad there isn't much of it going on as far as I know.
    Problem 1 with mage soloing : squishyness. But hey, mages ain't tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Problem 1 with mage soloing : squishyness. But hey, mages ain't tanks
    True, but also makes it more fun to watch.

is temporal shield or ice barrier better for soloing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snagletooth View Post
    is temporal shield or ice barrier better for soloing?
    Ice Barrier is better because temporal Need to heal the Same amount That ICE Barrier absorbs to be a choice

UPDATE !

Ulduar 25 Hard modes cleaned !

Video :

Bosses :

Flame Leviathan +2 towers (not a "true" hard mode, but +3 and +4 won't be soloable for a while)

Music : Vicetone - End of the year 2013 Mix (https://soundcloud.com/vicetone/vice...-year-mix-2013)

Enjoy

EDIT : if a mod could update the topic title with something like "Ulduar 25 solo 14/14 + hard modes" it would be great thx !
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-01-10 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post

Bosses :

Yogg 0 is still no joke on 25man even at top gear levels, so many ways to get gibbed. In the bosses you used RoP, I'm guessing that was for the passive heal as well? Also, assembly of iron, i did see molgeim last, if i were to nitpick, you'd need to do steelbreaker last :P

Very very clever on Thorim as well!

One thing I don't understand: I thought there was unavoidable sanity drain in yogg p2? But your sanity stayed at 100 until you went into the brain room.

Final question: Big bang on algalon... completely absorbed with ice barrier?

Very nice job overall

How is your progress in cata raids going?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Yogg 0 is still no joke on 25man even at top gear levels, so many ways to get gibbed. In the bosses you used RoP, I'm guessing that was for the passive heal as well? Also, assembly of iron, i did see molgeim last, if i were to nitpick, you'd need to do steelbreaker last :P

One thing I don't understand: I thought there was unavoidable sanity drain in yogg p2? But your sanity stayed at 100 until you went into the brain room.

Very nice job overall
    I'm not sure but I think he killed Steelbreaker last in the first video, they removed the sanity drain in 5.4 (I think, might be earlier).

Yogg 0 is still no joke on 25man even at top gear levels, so many ways to get gibbed.
    So, so true. This boss drives me crazy, pun intended.

In the bosses you used RoP, I'm guessing that was for the passive heal as well?
    Yes, in conjuntion with a Heroic Juggernaut Focusing Crystal

Also, assembly of iron, i did see molgeim last, if i were to nitpick, you'd need to do steelbreaker last :P
    You would be totally right. If I can find some time soon I'll add this video to the topic.

Haha thanks ! The idea of using this trinket came to me while I tried to solo him back in September, during T15. I had a Fire gear with no offgear at all, so Frost solo was not an option. But Thorim's dmg buff ultimately stacked too high, and I died at 17% and never did better.

Your best option would be to go Frost today, mostly because the trinket I used has a 10min cd and is not a "real" pet which you have control over.

The fight is currently bugged, or has been hotfixed. Long story short, Sara's Psychosis casts does not remove Sanity anymore in P2.

A bit over 100k damage, so yes. Even Ascend to Heavens (750k) is survivable with a full Ice Barrier.

Very nice job overall
    Thank you very much

Also, thank you mods for editing the title !!

- - - Updated - - -

How is your progress in cata raids going?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure but I think he killed Steelbreaker last in the first video, they removed the sanity drain in 5.4 (I think, might be earlier).
    Kills in Cata raids :

T11 : Not seriously tried HM yet, except Halfus. I'm dead in under 30 seconds.
    T12 : Beth NM, Shannox HM, Rhyo HM, Baleroc HM. Alysrazor does not count. Tried Majordomo but he hits really hard.
    T13 : Morchok HM, Zon'ozz NM, Yor'sahj NM, Hagara NM. Ultraxion hits for 600k+ crits, even on pets. Ouch.

Also, in the first Ulduar 25 I killed Steelbreaker -> Molgeim -> Brundir, aka easy mode. back then both Molgeim and Steelbreaker hitted too hard.

Deleted
    Oh wow that trinket must make most of pre MoP content pretty trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Microchaton View Post
    Usure about that, I think a lot of cata bosses hits to hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Microchaton View Post
    I have tried it on my mage, with the 580 (HWF) trinket. Magmaw and Botcouncil are doable. Halfus isn't due to healing debuff mechanic. Valiona/Theralion would probably be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    I have tried it on my mage, with the 580 (HWF) trinket. Magmaw and Botcouncil are doable. Halfus isn't due to healing debuff mechanic. Valiona/Theralion would probably be.
    Halfus isn't ?

Done without healing trinket (didn't have it at the time), and with healing reduction drake up.

Also, every single boss in T11NM is soloable as a mage.

TotFW : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Al-Akir-10-HM

BoT : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-solo-Mage-4-4

BWD : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1-10NM-cleaned

Heroic Halfus on the other hand is another business.

EDIT : BTW for those whose interested, Yor'Sahj 10 Heroic down. This boss is, by a large margin, the most insane I've soloed. He is absolutely brutal, can crit as high as 130k, can 2-shoot you with a bad combo. Nevertheless, soloable. Video very soon (already edited)

BTW² : Should I continue to create 1 topic / raid instance or start a new, big "Mage soloing" topic, like the one for DKs ? I would go for a big topic because as I try higher tiers, there are fewer bosses Mages can solo, with major "barrier" bosses (Ultraxion f.x) so a bigger topic would make more sense. Feel free to give your two cents
    Last edited by Araitik; 2014-01-13 at 01:30 PM.

I think it would be better with one big topic to keep everything in 1 place, a spreadsheet is also a bonus if you got the time to update it.

I think it would be better with one big topic to keep everything in 1 place, a spreadsheet is also a bonus if you got the time to update it.
    Yes, 1 topic would indeed be the right thing to do.. We can rename this thread pretty easily if you just want it, but a totally new thread would probably be pointless and Mage soloing ain't really a thing, sure we can solo stuff, but much worse than some other classes, so it is not special.

So long story short.. If you wanna go and change this thread, you can do it, but please avoid posting new threads if it's possible and doesn't make things look messy.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yes, 1 topic would indeed be the right thing to do.. We can rename this thread pretty easily if you just want it, but a totally new thread would probably be pointless and Mage soloing ain't really a thing, sure we can solo stuff, but much worse than some other classes, so it is not special.

So long story short.. If you wanna go and change this thread, you can do it, but please avoid posting new threads if it's possible and doesn't make things look messy.
    You spelled "worse than any class, ever" wrong
    So yeah I think we should rename this thread into big, "official" Mage solo thread (even if it's not going to grow very big).

I still got FL, DS and HC T11 on the way, but it surely won't be a clean like Ulduar or NM T11, so a thread for each would be kinda pointless.

I will keep a spreadsheet up-to-date as much as I can.