Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

What CC are you willing to give up? (for your main class)

So if you haven't heard blizzard is either going to completely remove or nerf some cc in next xpac for pretty much every class.

I thought it would be an interesting idea to ask people what CC they are willing to give up or think is fair to remove next Xpac for your MAIN class (please do not post suggestions for every class). You can name one or more cc to remove. Please do not flame others for their suggestions.

My Class: Warlock
    CC to remove: Mortal Coil/shadow fury, Blood Horror, seduction.
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2014-01-12 at 04:36 PM.

The only "CC" my main has is Deathgrip and chains of frost. If anything, I would like to see something more effective if we're going to be removing something from Deathknights.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    My Class: Paladin
    CC to remove: Blinding Light and Fear

Give ret back instant Repentence..

That would leave paladin with:

Ret:
    Hammer of Justice (can be replaced with Fist of Justice)
    Repentance

Prot:
    Silence

Holy:

I think this is a fair amount of CC for 1 class

Monk.

Take my paralysis, spear hand silence and fists of fury stun, instead give me a reliable hitbox and some better non-rng defenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    I play Paladin & Shaman: I would like to have removed

-Blinding Light
    -Capacitor Totem

not because I don't like them in PvP or in PvE (like Garrosh fight) but because there are too many ccs in the game.
    those two; Hex and Hammer of Justice are both iconic and have been in the game a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC talent tier for me (mage). Frostjaw/Ice Ward/Ring of Frost. I'd have a hard time letting go of nova, breath or poly, they've been around far too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Death Knight:

- Asphyxiate
    - Remorseless Winter
    I don't use them anyway, and DK's do not need stuns

But
    Hungering Cold brought back for Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The only "CC" my main has is Deathgrip and chains of frost. If anything, I would like to see something more effective if we're going to be removing something from Deathknights.
    Don't Dk's have like a 5 second stun/silence? :P

Mage.

I'd like to have pet nova share a cd with Frost Nova, so when one activates, they both go on cd. Keep the CC tier, otherwise I'd fear RoF would become baseline again. Other than that I'd like to keep Poly, Frost Nova, Deep Freeze and Dragon's Breath. As the class with the least amount of self-heals it'd be nice to at least have some options in how not to take damage for an amount of time (ie CC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious View Post
    Don't Dk's have like a 5 second stun/silence? :P
    Remorseless winter technically stuns six seconds, but to actually stun somebody with it I have to keep them in melee range for the preceding six also. No one is that stupid, since DK's being melee they'll be trying as hard as possible to stay away anyway. Strangulate also doesn't last 5s on players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    My Class: Paladin
    CC to remove: Blinding Light and Fear

Give ret back instant Repentence..

That would leave paladin with:

Ret:
    Repentance

Prot:
    Silence

Holy:

I think this is a fair amount of CC for 1 class
    Isn't Repentance instant anyway? You just mean "make it baseline" rather than as a talent.

I'm not sure I entirely agree. Blinding Shield needs to go it does nothing useful. Our fear... it shouldn't be a talent to make it usable on other targets. I think we should keep it but not really for a practical reason rather than flavour. Make everything in a raid immune to it for all I care including trash, have it just in the outside world, but it's nice for lore reasons. Prots silence isn't just a silence though, it needs to interupt something to silence. If you just chuck it on a non caster it won't do that.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Mage. None. Bring back COC root.

Warlock:

Fear (yes, I'm serious)
    Felguard Axe Stun
    Howl of Terror

To be honest, I think Fear as a whole needs to go. It's annoying, it's frustrating to play against and too RNG. If you get a full fear off in a 2v2 and your enemy's healer runs out of LoS behind a pillar and halfway across the arena, it's a win. In general, I don't feel like warlocks need this ability and I think it's existence is keeping us from having more interesting niches in PvP than "fear bot/dispel protection".
    Seduce is still there in PvE if we need it, and maybe it could be turned into a casted and not channeled ability to give the poor succubus some actual use for once.

Remorseless winter technically stuns six seconds, but to actually stun somebody with it I have to keep them in melee range for the preceding six also. No one is that stupid, since DK's being melee they'll be trying as hard as possible to stay away anyway. Strangulate also doesn't last 5s on players.
    Asphyxiate and Remorseless are also both talents. The only CC death knights get as baseline are Chains of Ice (a single target slow that takes a frost rune, thus costing DPS potential), Death Grip, Control Undead (useless in PVP and highly situational in PvE), a melee interrupt, and a ranged interrupt; the first two are compensation for their complete lack of untalented mobility boosters. Their talents can give them a slow and upgrade Chains to a short root OR change their ranged interrupt to a stun on one tier, or give them a mass death grip OR a mass slow/stun if people stay near them.

Honestly, the best answer for (frost) DKs might be that AoEs like Remorseless Winter only apply Chilblains to the primary target to keep frost DKs from mass slowing with Howling Blast, but otherwise they don't offer much in the way of CC. Removing Control Undead would also go mostly unmissed (I know of three really good places to use it, and two of them are in Wrath content) but it wouldn't help with CC bloat in PvP content.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Isn't Repentance instant anyway? You just mean "make it baseline" rather than as a talent.
    No, it has a cast time for all specs afaik. Same for Turn Evil with or without EiaPoV without the Glyph.

Playing Hpriest atm, would give up Chastise and Dominate Mind if it means that I could swap them for a defensive/cc that I can use on Warriors that they don't just laugh at me for trying. I'm aware I could use Void Tendrils but the odds are he'll banner out of it or just Bladestorm through it.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2014-01-12 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Warlock:

Fear (yes, I'm serious)
    Felguard Axe Stun
    Howl of Terror

To be honest, I think Fear as a whole needs to go. It's annoying, it's frustrating to play against and too RNG. If you get a full fear off in a 2v2 and your enemy's healer runs out of LoS behind a pillar and halfway across the arena, it's a win. In general, I don't feel like warlocks need this ability and I think it's existence is keeping us from having more interesting niches in PvP than "fear bot/dispel protection".
    Seduce is still there in PvE if we need it, and maybe it could be turned into a casted and not channeled ability to give the poor succubus some actual use for once.
    I'm thankful that you're not a game designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnshadow View Post
    Asphyxiate and Remorseless are also both talents. The only CC death knights get as baseline are Chains of Ice (a single target slow that takes a frost rune, thus costing DPS potential), Death Grip, Control Undead (useless in PVP and highly situational in PvE), a melee interrupt, and a ranged interrupt; the first two are compensation for their complete lack of untalented mobility boosters. Their talents can give them a slow and upgrade Chains to a short root OR change their ranged interrupt to a stun on one tier, or give them a mass death grip OR a mass slow/stun if people stay near them.

Honestly, the best answer for (frost) DKs might be that AoEs like Remorseless Winter only apply Chilblains to the primary target to keep frost DKs from mass slowing with Howling Blast, but otherwise they don't offer much in the way of CC. Removing Control Undead would also go mostly unmissed (I know of three really good places to use it, and two of them are in Wrath content) but it wouldn't help with CC bloat in PvP content.
    I know all this, I'm a DK. I also don't consider interrupts as CC, and slows are incredibly shitty cc compared to stuns/incapacitate and root.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid is my main class... What much of CC does a druid even have.... Roots... big deal.. Mass roots at best...
    A stun in bear/cat form. Whooping cc I say. Cyclone.. Yeah yeah I know... some PVP'ers would want to have a word with me now.
    But I am not concerned about PVP.. For PVE it's a rather less effective tool.

They better leave druids alone..
    Or for good sake, finally change the classes to two different sets of spell mechanic. People have long requested that..
    Make PVE and PVP 2 different sets and talent trees, and see how the balancing will be a lot easier too.

For PVE CC is a huge fun aspect. For PVP it can be a pain in the ass.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I know all this, I'm a DK. I also don't consider interrupts as CC, and slows are incredibly shitty cc compared to stuns/incapacitate and root.
    Blizzard considers interrupts as CC and a post recently confirmed that they will also be affected by changes next xpac.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ome-cc-in-wod/

I know. I was trying to reply to the guy you were replying to (in a chain) but it didn't work. Sorry about that!