Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Heroic Garrosh 10M] Solo Siege Engineer

Given that we have neither a warlock nor a rogue in our roster, I suggested trying to kill the Siege Engineer (3M hp in ~10 seconds) alone. A few weeks ago, on our first pulls, I tried it already, in SV and MM, but it was way too random.

Now that I have a WF weapon and that we were buffed, I think it can be more reliable. I think MM is the best spec to do that, given that we can have CS, an instant AiS and an halved cast time on AiS. So I tried it yesterday (only 4 pulls however), and the first pull was quite successful, although I really failed on my Fervor CD/Ready, Set, Aim... stacks.

However, the next pulls were not always as successful as the first one.

Well, anyway, the reason why I post here is :

How do you think I could kill him with the most possible reliability ?

Personnally (and afterward), I thought of the following :

- Keep Fervor (and RF for the first one)
    - Be sure to refresh Steady Focus 10 seconds before the Engineer spawns
    - Be sure to have an instant AiS proc to shoot on the Engineer (quite hard, given the distance I have to travel (~ 6 seconds with glyphed Disengage))
    - Fire AiS proc first, then CS, then half-cast-timed AiS + Fervor + (AiS if under RF or ArS without)
    - KS asap

By the way, here are the logs of the 4 pulls (actually 5, but the first one is a failed reset :D), but there isn't very interesting : (can't post links, look for New Hope on realm Ysondre-EU "09-01 21:00" report)

PS : Forgive my poor english, it's not my native language, however I understand it quite well.

Not really sure where this rumor came from that hunters are in any way good at the siege engineers. If anything your mage is probably a better bet. And if that doesn't work just do a longer p1 and send two people each time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Not really sure where this rumor came from that hunters are in any way good at the siege engineers. If anything your mage is probably a better bet. And if that doesn't work just do a longer p1 and send two people each time.
    Going to agree with this. I raid in a 25 man guild and over the christmas most of our members were taking a break from raiding. So the few people we had staying behind decided to clear 10 man for achievements and getting some free loot. I came in expecting to be able to solo the Engineer without any issues at all, but after a few attempts (some close mind you) it just looked like a lost cause. Again I only had a few attempts and didn't have much room to min-max my damage on the engineer and I also didn't have the chance to try Marksmanship, but it was just more hassle than it was worth. I'm sure it's possible but Hunters aren't exactly one of the top classes for this job. It's just that most guilds put Hunters on them because it's less hassle for them compared to classes like Mages.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2014-01-11 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks for the replies, I will discuss with our mage and maybe try a few more time (comments on the shots to use are still welcome).

Regarding the BM, I didn't try it (I totally agree that it would be easy), because the pet just doesn't hit the Engineer and stays on the main floor (I'll try it if I have the time though, just to be sure).

Regarding the fact of sending two people, I'm not quite convinced, mainly because our first attempts this way were really terrible, but we'll do it if necessary.

Can a BM hunter even do the engineers? Does the pet teleport teleport them up to where the engineer is, or they can hit them from the ground? I've never done it on heroic, and a lock just does it every time I've seen the fight on normal/flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephtenen View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I will discuss with our mage and maybe try a few more time (comments on the shots to use are still welcome).

Regarding the BM, I didn't try it (I totally agree that it would be easy), because the pet just doesn't hit the Engineer and stays on the main floor (I'll try it if I have the time though, just to be sure).

Regarding the fact of sending two people, I'm not quite convinced, mainly because our first attempts this way were really terrible, but we'll do it if necessary.
    In my opinion BM is probably the worst of the 3. While it seems good with bestial wrath, you have to actually time blink strikes (unless there is some sort of pet pathing?). So basically you will have to pull your pet and make sure it doesn't trigger the 20s cd. If your pet doesn't make it that's ~50% of your damage lost. Try it out and let us know if you can.

Two people is entirely doable, but will likely be 3 waves and 3 desecrates. During progression, while much lower gear than we are now, we sent one warlock alone on the first using cds, and two on the second. And don't be so quick to throw out an idea because it doesn't work the first time.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2014-01-11 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insulin View Post
    as far as BM goes. as long as you arent swaping targets a bunch before the siege comes out blink strikes should be off cd. if the siege has only 3 mil health. correct me if im wrong but im fairly confident you could do 3 mil dmg from toth procs and unloading nothing but arcanes from a full bestial wrath with rapid fire and possible trinket procs. kill command isnt gonna make or break your spec. you would only be able to do 2 of them anyways with the pet attacking full time. the basic and special attacks i can understand. Bm does a really nice amount of dmg with BW poped and unloading arcane shots. dont know why you guys would say its the worst. its considered a burst spec for a reason.
    I think you GROSSLY underestimate the damage of your pet (basic attacks, special attacks and KC) during Beasting Wrath.

Go survival, put a frost trap on the adds before you leave for the LnL proc...profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    Go survival, put a frost trap on the adds before you leave for the LnL proc...profit.

I thought they removed it to proc from traps?

They removed the proc from explosive trap. Frost trap still procs an automatic LnL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I think you GROSSLY underestimate the damage of your pet (basic attacks, special attacks and KC) during Beasting Wrath.
    I do the engineers every week as BM and i can confirm that you don't even need your pet to attack. Just pop BW and unload GT and Arcanes and it goes down really fast. I keep my pet on garrosh and use KC on him and just blow up the engineer with my dmg.

I have my pet on passive most of the time and i stick him on my main target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    I do the engineers every week as BM and i can confirm that you don't even need your pet to attack. Just pop BW and unload GT and Arcanes and it goes down really fast. I keep my pet on garrosh and use KC on him and just blow up the engineer with my dmg.

Our hunter also wants to try BM for engineers; would you have any logs for your kills so he could look at them and see what you are doing different?

Just keep BW while leaving for the engineer at close to full focus i guess. Im not sure as to why you insist on hunters doing it, any ranged class will probably do better than a BM hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    Just keep BW while leaving for the engineer at close to full focus i guess. Im not sure as to why you insist on hunters doing it, any ranged class will probably do better than a BM hunter.
    I am not sure why people have to answer a question about "How can we do this" with a "Don't do this"?
    There are many reasons when hunters may need to take up this mantle, depending on the raid comp. Maybe the hunter is the most geared, or the best player? Maybe other ranged classes have other assignments that would seriously suffer without them there?

The question is simple, if a hunter were to go BM for this, is there anyone who has done this and can tell us how? (preferably with logs).
    Whether a BM hunter should or should not do it isn't exactly the debate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post

They're asking about heroic mode, not normal. The health difference is significant. 3M up from 700k

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone?
    10chars

"If you're BM you should have the talent [ToTH] anyways"? Ummm, what? You can do 3m in 10s WITHOUT your pet's damage in BW? Just doing the math, you'd need to do 300k DPS, and without your pet, which does 60% of your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    576 Fire mage, but there are three of us, and 3 locks, we take turns doing it as it has been on farm but a good fire mage can easily solo the engineer. We had a couple different hunter's try and they couldnt get it down. I would have your mage do it, much better dps.

(An AS which crits for 200k is less than the 300k DPS you need to beat the siege engineer, if your pet isn't hitting the mob).

Are you saying blink strikes will allow the pet to teleport up there? Because that was literally the question asked by the thread, and no one was really sure, one way or the other.

Pet on passive for 20s as BM during a DPS check in H-Garrosh? I am less convinced with each post you make that you know what's up.