Poll: Hunchbacks on the new models

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Agree with a lot of people here in that I'd like it to be an option at character creation.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In the end, I think it would be nice to have different model options based on the sub-race that we choose.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post

You're better than this Shoc. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the neutral side will be complete! ... Soon the contrarians will be crushed and young Shoc will be one of us.
    You know what Yig, I took what you said and this is what happened.

I still stand by the hunch though! To me, Orcs just aren't Orcs without their stupid hunches okay. But this is my gift to you hunch hating MMO-C forumers. Ya filthy animals.
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    This. Giving people a choice is usually the best.
    Lol, no it's not.

Either keep them or give us a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    You know what Yig, I took what you said and this is what happened.

I still stand by the hunch though! To me, Orcs just aren't Orcs without their stupid hunches okay. But this is my gift to you hunch hating MMO-C forumers. Ya filthy animals.
    You did it wrong, my good fellow. They need much wider shoulders and massive trapezius muscles which line up to their ears, as they have the hint of a hunch, but not a back curved into an arthritic old man, sinister wicked vile warlock, or primitive brutish caveman pea brain. Those are all great for unique orc characters, but not the standard.

What you made there is,... way too rigid, way too lithe, way too human.

My example.

Blizzard's example.

Blizzard's earlier revised example.

Current model example:

Another in game example:

Conclusion. The hunch needs to be toned down, not eliminated. They only have the appearance of their hunch from a massive trapezius and a neck which protrudes forth from below the trapezius at a subtle slant.

If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed! Young fool... Only now, at the end, do you understand...Your example of orc posture is no match for the power of the dork side. Now, you will pay the price for your lack of vision!

I'mma quotin' old mista Emperor! Weeeee.

Seriously though, do you see the distinctions I've highlighted, my son? (a noble effort)

- - - Updated - - -

Just to get everyone motivated for fitness and exercise,...

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

@Yig

Made some minor adjustments using Garrosh's standing straight model, might not look like much but his spine should look straighter while maintaining that "Orc" look. Just by adjusting his chest and neck he gains a good 4 inches to his height and doesn't look like a hunchbacked quasimodo any more.

What do you think?
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    The second image is not so hunched. It's still there but only slightly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

@Yig

Made some minor adjustments using Garrosh's standing straight model, might not look like much but his spine should look straighter while maintaining that "Orc" look. Just by adjusting his chest and neck he gains a good 4 inches to his height and doesn't look like a hunchbacked quasimodo any more.

What do you think?
    Much better! He looks awesome, a teency bit lanky but orcs would have variation, I love that!
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

It's no surprise a lot of people want the hunch removed. It's no surprise a lot of people want the hunch to remain.

What kind of shocks me is how the people who want the hunch to remain seem to be downright offended, like you slapped them in the face and insulted their mother, by others saying they don't want to be hunchbacks.

Orcs having hunched backs didn't exist until WOW. Why did they do it in wow? Who knows. But standing up straight doesn't make you a human, that is the most retarded argument I think i've ever seen. I guess all those elves, dwarves, gnomes, orcs from virtually all other games/lore/movies/stories, and so on aren't actually their respective races, they're all humans because they stand up right, easy mistake to make I guess to the novice who assumes they are different races despite standing up straight.

It was an arbitrary and ridiculous thing they did to orcs in the original wow and never should've been put there in the first place.

That said, they did, and it's done with. At this point you either play an orc or you don't, either you can get over their ridiculous arbitrary posture problems or you can't. If you can tolerate being an orc now, you'll be able to tolerate being an orc after the models are updated. Changing the posture universally would have negative ramifications, more than leaving it as is because the shit is already broke at present, it isn't like they'd be breaking it by updating it. Having an option would be the best bet I suppose, but that is not going to happen for some time.

Though, to give hope, perhaps it isn't as impossible as some people seem to think. Multiple blue posters have commented on the possibility of subraces from time to time such as dark iron dwarves and the like. When they get around to doing that (which im sure they will eventually, because when they run out of better ideas it'll become a selling point) they will almost certainly have a hunch/no hunch option then.

When that will happen is anyone's guess though. Might be the expansion AFTER WOD. The world may never know.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Much better! He looks awesome, a teency bit lanky but orcs would have variation, I love that!
    Yeah, I had to adjust the legs slightly, it didn't look right having his neck and spine adjusted while his legs stayed the same. I think the un-hunched version looks a lot more imposing without changing too much. It's pretty apparent when you look at Garrosh with his back straightened.

If you like it, tweet it to Chris Rob, maybe there's still left to make some minor adjustments!
    You just lost The Game

Oh he's cool, I want to play with some photoshop armor sets on that. Make him into a blademaster. Love the ritual scars.
    Bravo!

Oh he's cool, I want to play with some photoshop armor sets on that. Make him into a blademaster. Love the ritual scars.
    Bravo!
    It's just a WoW model viewer screenshot, paused halfway through his /bow emote with his shoulder armour disabled! It's a great way to get a good look at what an unhunched orc might look like.

Look I even made a gif to show the difference. Everyone here is asking for no hunches and shit but I don't think anyone actually has a clue on how Blizz could pull it off.

Last edited by shoc; 2014-01-13 at 02:27 AM.
    You just lost The Game

I think the gif pretty well illustrates what a lot of us would be happy with.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    I think there should an option for hunched or not hunched for races. Also for undeads there can a option to show or not show bones while wearing armor just like DK voice changer. I find it a little weird that my undead's bones are showing even when he is wearing armor.

They simply wanted every silhouette to be instantly recognizable from a long way away. They overdid it though.

- - - Updated - - -

So fuckin' what? And it's a tweaked model, not a new seperate model, the orc already stands straight in many of their animations and poses.
    This is an orc with proper posture, he's just walking.

But then he stops and turns into a slack jawed pea brained brute. There are thousands of people who don't play orcs who are fans of orcs because of this issue. And customization has never been balanced, and never will be. And once the door is opened, it sets precedent for more to come. Robinson has talked about multiple waves of expanded customization they're conceptualizing as we speak, so to speak. You seem to just be arguing for the sake of arguing, you have no vested interest in this, this is like a token dilemma for you it seems to me in some way.

Arbitrary bullshit, pardon my french. No other race was drastically altered from their established look, ESPECIALLY not night elves. They always had massive oversized shoulders, tiny waists, huge floppy ears, oversized hands and feet, all along. Every WOW model is a softened and exaggerated caricature of the more edgy art. Intentionally goofy. You're just making arbitrary lines in the sand. Orcs were not just given softened features and exaggerated anatomy with a bit of goofiness, they were CHANGED into a completely altered demeanor making them seem like slack jawed primitive cavemen. Night Elves being too exaggerated for your taste is not equivalent to changing their posture into a totally different personality and demeanor. Although I pray to Elune they get rid of the female idle bounce and cheerleader cheer.

So what. There would be a few weeks of whining and an ocean of people defending and celebrating the change, it would be no different than the Pandaren/Kung Fu panda debacle. It's not worth considering as an issue. This is just a glass half empty/half full issue, it opens the door to good precedents concerning a variety of bodies. But the orcs deserve it ans it's been a controversial demand now for 9 years, it's just frosting for the other races to have an option.

That's just more bullshit to my ears. It doesn't matter where art resources go, players are free to use those assets if they so choose, it's not ever a democratisation. It should never be one. You reveal your entire imo rather flimsy fret now by admitting you don't even care and consider it a low priority, while at the same time fretting over large numbers of people who would be unhappy. Yet you ignore or are ignorant of the army of players for 9 years who are unhappy already. You are just arbitrarily deciding based on your own projected preferences who deserves to be catered to it seems to me.

I'm cool as mutha fuckin' Fonzy over here, I just enjoy the freedom to curse like a sailor on this forum after being censored everywhere else. Apologies if you feel your opinion is being attacked rather than disputed.
    lol you are so agressive that it's funny. It seems like your argument is that "so what? I and "army of people" want it so it should happen and I don't care about anyone". You believe that orc deserve it so nothing will change your mind. I would say it would be a good addition but so are many other things.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-01-13 at 09:41 AM.

Some of the races have always been hulking and/or hunched over, it fits them well.

It's just a WoW model viewer screenshot, paused halfway through his /bow emote with his shoulder armour disabled! It's a great way to get a good look at what an unhunched orc might look like.

Look I even made a gif to show the difference. Everyone here is asking for no hunches and shit but I don't think anyone actually has a clue on how Blizz could pull it off.

Looks like my freeze from of the current orc model in walking motion. They only hunch when they stop moving.

Felt like playing a little, rough but self indulgent. Will make a better one later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetauren View Post
    Some of the races have always been hulking and/or hunched over, it fits them well.
    Yeah, but never orcs before or after WOW. Did you know that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I think there should an option for hunched or not hunched for races. Also for undeads there can a option to show or not show bones while wearing armor just like DK voice changer. I find it a little weird that my undead's bones are showing even when he is wearing armor.
    Lorewise, the plague mutates you into a demonic zombie. Your bones grow like armor, that's why ghouls look like undead muppets.

One of 2004's CD sleeve art of I believe Thavirat's beautiful game evoking art, his paintings are pretty much the models if they were updated to look exactly if they were polished to a sheen but retained their own original design.

In her case its like in death she dessicated and shrank, losing body fluid and moisture, making the skeleton larger than her dead flesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol you are so agressive that it's funny. It seems like your hold argument is that "so what? I and "army of people" want it so it should happen and I don't care about anyone". You believe that orc deserve it so nothing will change your mind. I would say it would be a good addition but so are many other things.
    Actually a solid reasonable example would change my mind. You're just not very articulate and you're mostly trying to defend a "hunch" you have as if it's worth taking into account. Of course Blizzard is going to tread carefully in these waters, but your objections are just disproportionate to the issue's value all because you don't value the issue and are unable to play devil's advocate. And apparently that means I care too much, making me biased, and you dismiss my counters with nothing but handwaving now. That's basically conceding, along with your covert aggressive diagnosis of me under the harmless guise of "funny", so I don't see what else you want to say. I am actually able to look at this from both points of view, and in my opinion make a judgement. You've got nothing but essentially a glorified "what if".

You do not seem to understand the only answer your "but what if" warrants is "maybe, so what". This is one of the single most universally requested changes in the history of the game that is not based on people simply not liking WOW's graphical style. It's based on wanting the game to be MORE like the spirit of the graphical style. This isn't asking for arbitrary changes to eye angles or wrist size.

My aggressiveness is playful and self deprecating and borderline absurd. Have at me, scurvy knave. <3
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-13 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    I hate, HATE the hunch of the male trolls. Can't see tabards for squat, let along chestpieces. Let em evolve please and stop the Neandertroll hunching.
    You deserve that for rolling a troll. I bet it was for racial anyway so suck it.

Actually a solid reasonable example would change my mind. You're just not very articulate and you're mostly trying to defend a "hunch" you have as if it's worth taking into account. Of course Blizzard is going to tread carefully in these waters, but your objections are just disproportionate to the issue's value all because you don't value the issue and are unable to play devil's advocate. And apparently that means I care too much, making me biased, and you dismiss my counters with nothing but handwaving now. That's basically conceding, along with your covert aggressive diagnosis of me under the harmless guise of "funny", so I don't see what else you want to say. I am actually able to look at this from both points of view, and in my opinion make a judgement. You've got nothing but essentially a glorified "what if".

You do not seem to understand the only answer your "but what if" warrants is "maybe, so what". This is one of the single most universally requested changes in the history of the game that is not based on people simply not liking WOW's graphical style. It's based on wanting the game to be MORE like the spirit of the graphical style. This isn't asking for arbitrary changes to eye angles or wrist size.

My aggressiveness is playful and self deprecating and borderline absurd. Have at me, scurvy knave. <3
    I have never defended a hunch... Where did you get that from? I just question the necessity and priority of adding new model for orc. I have never seen you look at both point of view ever. You are extremely obsessed with the idea that orc "deserve" to have new optional model before other races.

Thing like optional model could only add to the game but the question is if it's worth the time and resource? The problem that orcs were not orginally hunched is the one that a lot of average WoW player are not even aware of. Things like brown orc or dark iron dwarf seem far easier to implement.