Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    Intent was clear. He effectively scammed someone, whilst streaming!
    I see nothing to suggest he intentionally tried to scam anyone. And it's not why he was suspended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I see nothing to suggest he intentionally tried to scam anyone. And it's not why he was suspended.
    may not have been intentional, but as he put the bloke on ignore right after, its pretty damm clear it was to me.

But even if it was not, he was given a chance to rectify his "mistake", but he did not.

Besides, from what he says both in game and in chat, he's an asshat.

Blizzard has gone WAY overboard with bans lately and still fail to get rid of gold sellers, spammers, people selling store items, etc.

Their ticky/tacky interpretation of the ToS is gestapo-like; they don't care about individual players, and don't care if a player is wrongfully banned. No one cares when things like this happens to other people until it happens to them.

I lost an account that had been active from day one despite doing nothing wrong, and Blizzard doesn't care. The game hasn't been the same since. It's not worth playing an outdated game when you have to worry about every thing you do because Blizzard's gustapo might ban you.

You can´t trade with people who are in ignore list, if some addon handled the ignoring then its mr poppins fault sadly for accepting the deal by accepting the trade.

edit: ok so he took the gold and then ignored? That is quite typical action from a scammer and no wonder the GM slapped :>
    Last edited by Demec; 2014-01-13 at 04:17 PM.

Can't believe this thread went another page after the video was posted. Its blatent why he got a ban. The "ban" was over days ago. Haven't we got more exciting things to talk about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Soda needs to get hèàdshòtted.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You do... whos forcing you to read and reply to this? O_o;
    I'm really really bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Soda needs to get hèàdshòtted.
    He deserved a ban..
    Arrogant.. rude..
    "i can wipe my ass with 1k" .. and he had ONLY 83k.. which is nothing in mop`s economy.. 1-2 epics in ah(nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    He deserved a ban..
    Arrogant.. rude..
    "i can wipe my ass with 1k" .. and he had ONLY 83k.. which is nothing in mop`s economy.. 1-2 epics in ah(nothing).
    Ofc he deserved it,shame it wasnt permbaban.That kid needs to drop dèàd.

/snip
    Nicely transcribed. It's a nitpicky thing, but I can't stand it when people type 2-3 words and send it. It breaks up the flow of a conversation.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Just to clear some things up, I took the time to transcribe the conversation from the original stream between the GM and Sodapoppin, with Sodapoppin microphone chat included (which is in and of itself quite insightful as to what his frame of mind was at the time). Note that the link to his youtube stream is missing a big chunk of this conversation and thus portrays a very different story to what actually happened:
    <snip>
    Soda: I have 10 000 people watching this chat
    Soda: right now
    Soda: and you expect me
    Soda: to return some idiot 1k gold
    Soda: that I didn't steal from
    Soda: he gave to me
    Soda (over the mic) what I am going to say? I'm going to refuse. This is literally retarded. This is stupid. If I get a permaban I
    swear I'll call Blizzard because this is fucking retarded. I legitimately...

2:58:41
    This is why he got banned. If this was an honest mistake (and it very well may have been) all he had to do was to return the gold and move on. Like he said, he "wipes his ass" with 1k gold, so what's the problem? This attitude that "I'm famous because a bunch of kids have nothing better to do than watch me play WoW and am therefore entitled to keep someone's gold" is what banned him. Maybe this will serve as a wake-up call. I don't understand what "principle" he thinks he's standing on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I didn't make a general statement. I said he should've cooperated with the GM. Civil resilience towards the government is a whole completely different subject.
    Although customer resilience is also a subject I take close to heart, but in this case the customer just was being an obstructious ass.
    You did though.
    If a GM contacts you though and asks you to resolve a matter you should just agree and do what the GM requests, imo. Instead of arguing for sake of principle.

That said, the GM that issued the ban is probably still going to get fired over it. Blizzard is extremely draconic when it comes to the behaviour and merits of it's GMs, according to some ex-Blizzard employees AMA interviews on Reddit.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    This is why he got banned. If this was an honest mistake (and it very well may have been) all he had to do was to return the gold and move on. Like he said, he "wipes his ass" with 1k gold, so what's the problem? This attitude that "I'm famous because a bunch of kids have nothing better to do than watch me play WoW and am therefore entitled to keep someone's gold" is what banned him. Maybe this will serve as a wake-up call. I don't understand what "principle" he thinks he's standing on.
    He got banned for three hours, hes not going to learn anything.

If a GM contacts you though and asks you to resolve a matter you should just agree and do what the GM requests, imo. Instead of arguing for sake of principle.

That said, the GM that issued the ban is probably still going to get fired over it. Blizzard is extremely draconic when it comes to the behaviour and merits of it's GMs, according to some ex-Blizzard employees AMA interviews on Reddit.
    I HIGHLY doubt that, he was given the choice to return the gold or actions would be taken, he chose to refuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Lol this is such a stupid situation. If someone put gold in a trade window and hit trade without me saying anything I would take it to and not give it back. GM seemed to have gotten confused and was probably pissy at how soda responded so he gave the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    So the streamer just accepted that gold for nothing and didn't even bothered to ask the person why he would give him the gold?

I'd ban that asshole as well, for just being an asshole.
    Streamers and other well-known characters in WoW gets a lot of gifts. Kungen could earn a few thousand gold just by walking through Org back in the day, I've seen more than one streamer just get a Sky Golem for free no questions asked. How do you think Swifty earned hundreds of thousand gold doing arena? He didn't, its all donation by fans and viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWLLY View Post
    Hey there.
    Was watching a stream and less than an hour ago, the streamer was banned. Also important to mention that he has a lot of viewers and he's constantly spammed ingame through the chat or any kind of invite (party, wargame, etc).

So, player A (the one who reported) spammed the streamer. Apparentely he also typed on /s that he'd give 1000g for a duel. The streamer obviously never read that, there's way too much spam.
    By now player A was already in ignore list because of the spam.
    However, player A trades the streamer 1000g and presses accept. The streamer just accepts. There was absolutely no agreement on "duel for gold", ever.

Conclusion: player A reports the streamer because he took the gold and never dueled him/put him on ignore. Streamer gets banned.

Did the streamer just go against the TOS? Let's also say that player A's nickname was against the TOS and the GM that handled the case never noticed (much competence).
    The streamer appealed against the ban and the next GM said the ban was correctly applied.

I wanna see what you guys think of this. I've had bad experiences with the TOS before and with some braindead rules there regarding pugs + masterloot/ninja leaders.

Who's wrong in this situation?

The streamer blizzard should ban all wow celebrities, they are very disruptive to the game.

after reading his conversation with the GM it makes me want to actually go out go my way to get him banned from wow.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 2014-01-14 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather than arguing with the GM like a stupid brat, he should have just pulled the GM off his back by returning a measly 1k gold, for fuck sake lol. He could have avoided a suspension and 5 minutes of his time if he just listened to the GM and traded it to the guy just like that, done and dusted.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2014-01-14 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Streamers and other well-known characters in WoW gets a lot of gifts. Kungen could earn a few thousand gold just by walking through Org back in the day, I've seen more than one streamer just get a Sky Golem for free no questions asked. How do you think Swifty earned hundreds of thousand gold doing arena? He didn't, its all donation by fans and viewers.
    That doesn't mean that he's entitled to accept someone's money in exchange for a service (a duel) and then keep it without providing that service. If he didn't want to duel, then fine. If he didn't bother to read his chat and just accepted the money without realizing what it was for, that's an honest mistake too. However, once he was made aware that the money had been intended in exchange for a service he should have given it back with no questions asked. It's called being a decent human being instead of a selfish, spoiled brat.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

step 1: spam someone "ill give u X for Y" till you end up on their ignore list

step 2: trade them your X and run away

step 3: open ticket for scamming

step 4: ???

step 5: profit

Thanks for sharing this I'm sure it will be put to good use

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Part View Post
    step 1: spam someone "ill give u X for Y" till you end up on their ignore list
    You do realise that if you are on someone's ignore list you can no longer open a trade window with them....

step 2: trade them your X and run away
    Can't do this once you're on their ignore list

step 3: open ticket for scamming
    By this point it is clear that you are in fact the scammer here. Well done on bringing this to a GM's attention.

step 4: ???
    Enjoy your ban.