tips on hosting a 25 man pug SoO?

I've hosted plenty of pugs back in wrath/bc/cata but the reason I create this thread is because I haven't done 25man Siege of Orgrimmar.

I'm currently 10/14 heroic in my 10man, but I'm just curious which fights are drastically different with 25 people.

Any tips or anything I can use before I begin?
    requiring 535+ ilvl, think this is too low?

I will watch videos but I'm just looking for some quick feedback.

Immerseus
    Assign groups to each platform around the room?
    6 healers? 2 tanks? 17 dps?

Protectors
    Rook, Sun, He?
    should I need a cooldown rotation for calamity etc?

Norushen
    Assign players to the other realm or free for all?

Sha
    all 4 prisons are enabled right? what about the "ranged" adds?

Galakras
    same fight just need more people for towers?
    two stack points for when galakras comes down?

Iron Juggernaut / Dark Shamans
    same fight? just tuned for 25?

General Nazgrim
    are there more adds?

Malkorok
    more pools to soak?

I don't even expect a pug raid to get as far as malkorok so I'll stop here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malkorok has a lot more pools. If you're making the bad areas in 10 man, convert instead to marking 4 quadrants of the platform and assigning people to each quadrant, then mark where the safe zone is on the fly.

Norushen adds will be a pain if you have it free-for-all. But you can use an add-on (BLTNorushen) to organize people going down.

2 tanks/6 healers/17 DPS is the standard comp. You can safely 4-5 heal most fights though, while you should add more on other fights.

535 is definitely low if you don't want to pull your hair out and wipe a lot. 545-550 is safer.

I used to do a 25m GDKP. I normally raid 10m, so here are the differences I noted when first starting:

Immerseus
    • More Sha Pools; just don't be bad and stand in them. Manage your space.
    • Easier to get good coverage. Just set up each of the groups with 4 DPS and 1 heal and assign them to one of 5 evenly spaced areas.
    • Keep hybrids in mind when creating groups. They will need to heal rather than DPS in later down phases (though this shouldn't matter for normal).

Protectors
    • More things to dispel. Make sure all your healers are actually dispelling.
    • Embodied Anguish hits harder, but you should have a lot more immunities/big DRs available. Pass it more often and only to targets that can essentially immune it (pally/hunter/rogue/shadow priest/warlock).

Norushen
    • Norushen is now an add fight rather than a burn fight. 10m DPS that might be used to tunneling the boss have to switch to adds. Just say adds adds adds the whole time. They have to die.
    • Healers need to help soak orbs rather than just tanks since you'll be getting so many more big adds.
    • Be organized and be fast with cleansing.

Sha
    • Four Prisons instead of just two. It takes three players to break each Prison instead of just two. Assign a full group (5 people) to each prison. Get to prisons a couple seconds before people get trapped since two of them are quite a ways away from the stack point.
    • Two big adds instead of just one, and they appear on the two sides rather than the back. Assign the groups on the left two prisons to kill the left add and groups for the right two prisons, the right add.
    • More little adds and they hit a bit harder. You should probably have the OT pick up adds whereas on 10m, you can just AoE them down and not worry about them hitting DPS.
    • More dispels. All healers have to dispel. If only a few healers have to carry the dispels, their Pride will get too high before the 30% cleanse and probably get MC'd.

Galakras
    • You need to send more people up on towers. 1 tank, 1 heal, at least 5 DPS. You should send more DPS if you have a bunch of cleave you can leave on the bottom.
    • Raid CDs are much more important in P2. Make sure you actually use them. Just chain them; you have so many on 25m.

Juggernaut
    This fight is exactly the same. Add healers (7-9 is standard, I think) and chain raid CDs in the siege phase.

Dark Shaman
    This fight is pretty much the same too. Do the 3 tank strat.

Nazgrim
    Same.

Malkorok
    • There are more pools, but it's much easier to cover the room. Just have ranged spread out evenly and soak pools. Make sure everyone goes back to where they were after moving for Slam/Breath/Blood Rage.
    • Consider having everyone get the Malkorok addon. It works a lot better on 25m than 10m.
    • Blow a healing CD on the pull to top off shields right away. You should have plenty to "waste".
    • Chain DR CDs during Blood Rage. You need almost 100% coverage to live through that phase. Blow a few healing CDs near the end of the phase to make sure everyone is max HP, then another during once shields kick in to top off shields.

Spoils
    • A couple things do more mechanics, like more people get bombs on Klaxxi Bosses, 3 Matter Scramble beams from Anima Golems, etc. Just clear the bombs with immunities if necessary and make sure people aren't slacking on beams.
    • It's more viable to open multiple boxes and cleave on 25m than on 10m, so consider doing this if you do the single target strat on 10m.

Thok
    • Same mechanically.
    • Remember you have a lot more raid CDs, so you can extend Roar phases much, much longer.
    • Remember it doesn't 1-shot at 30 stacks on normal, so don't worry about forcing a phase sooner.
    • Add an extra healer or two if you can.

Blackfuse
    • You need 2-4 DPS on each belt rather than 1-2.
    • Use raid CDs for magnet phases.
    • DPS may have to switch to Shredders (the tank add) during Death from Above to kill it on time.

Paragons
    Same; just more crap everywhere.

Garrosh
    I haven't done 25m Garrosh personally. From what I hear, it's basically the same but 15 more people have to not screw up. Here are my assumptions:
    • More people need to kill Engineers in p1. 2-4 is probably safe.
    • More people get MC'd. Be smart with interrupts and CC. Consider stacking in melee for MCs if you don't already on 10m.
    • Empowered Whirls spawn more adds and you have less space. Just don't stack up and empower adds. Alternatively, you can bring a 3rd tank and kite them the whole time.

Good luck on your pug, OP.

Nice! thanks a lot Squirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Garrosh 25, it is much easier to just keep stacked up on the boss and heal/cd through all the desecrates and non-empowered whirling corruptions. You would have to spread for the empowered whirling corruptions, and you should really be having the OT kite the adds that spawn from them instead of killing them. You may need a 3rd tank for it if dps isn't high enough and you get more then 2 of empowered whirling phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    On Garrosh 25, it is much easier to just keep stacked up on the boss and heal/cd through all the desecrates and non-empowered whirling corruptions. You would have to spread for the empowered whirling corruptions, and you should really be having the OT kite the adds that spawn from them instead of killing them. You may need a 3rd tank for it if dps isn't high enough and you get more then 2 of empowered whirling phases.
    He's doing a pug with lower ilvl people. I'm sure if you have a team of 570+ healers its easy to do it that way, but with 550-560ish pugs they're going to have to handle the mechanics more delicately.