Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Stepping back through the portal with us

This is a question I''ve been poundering and I don't think I've seen asked yet.

5.4 and the end of SoO leaves the Hordes numbers fairly desimated, with alot of rebuilding to do we head into 6.0 and all of WoD.. Garrosh gets killed at some point, we're rumored to knock out Grom as well, but at the end of it all.

Do you think at the end of WoD, we will have one or two major-law figures step through the portal and come back to our time to continue the fight on OUR Azeroth? Maybe a large chunk of Orcs not loyal to the Iron Horde come back to help bolster our current-Hordes numbers?

Maybe we don't knock off Grom and Thrall brings him around to be one of ''us'' again?

So many possibilities, would like to see what people think on this one.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so, too many potential issues for the Horde. "Oh, so all these characters that were built up since WC3 mean nothing because the 'Old Heroes' are back?"

Plus the fact Grom is a villain in WoD.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    It's likely yes, the Frostwolf Clan joins the Horde in WoD, no reason to think they wouldn't come home with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, Azeroth has seen huge population loss from all these wars etc, this is a great way to bolster the forces of both horde and alliance (i.e the draenei) so that we're ready for the legion's return

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Frostwolves come back with us. Orgrim maybe, but his storyline could go a number of different ways and not all of them end with him aligned with the modern Horde.

On the Alliance side I think we will absolutely have some of the Draenei come back with us. Yrel in particular seems to be a character that Blizzard is really excited about and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she ends up leading not just the AU Draenei but the MU Draenei as well before it's all said and done.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I honestly think Orcs would want to move out of here into the portal rather than vice versa, an unspoiled Draenor is a much nicer home than the desert they currently live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I honestly think Orcs would want to move out of here into the portal rather than vice versa, an unspoiled Draenor is a much nicer home than the desert they currently live in.
    for all we know the iron horde is gonna fuck shit up hardcore on draenor.

The Taunka joined the Horde in Northrend. There sure have been tons of random Horde Taunka NPCs huh in the 2 xpacs since? /end sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    The Taunka joined the Horde in Northrend. There sure have been tons of random Horde Taunka NPCs huh in the 2 xpacs since? /end sarcasm.
    Wouldn't taunka die being out of cold climates?

No, the expansion will end in the tones of either the Bronze wiping everyone's memory in Old Draenor or the Orcs there saying "we have our own destiny blah blah" and maybe Gul'Dan will die and Azeroth invasion will never happen in that timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    No, there's a Taunka member of the Earthen Ring in Vash'jir questing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    No, there's a Taunka member of the Earthen Ring in Vash'jir questing.
    It's actually a common misconception that the Northrend races die outside of the cold climate. Both Taunka and Tuskarr are found in warmer clients (albeit very rarely).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Its very hard for me to imagine them coming back with us. They are going through great lengths to avoid Paradoxes. No way they blow that off at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    No. Apart from that being blatantly stupid (an expansion without an outcome) Blizz has explicitly stated that WoD is going to build up the new expansion and transition into it.
    Oh, I'm blantantly stupid? So stopping Garrosh from invading Azeroth with an army of fresh Orcs, Ogres and Grons upgraded with present day technology isn't an outcome of fighting there for an entire year and a half?

Well hey smart guy better tell Blizzard to scrap the entire expansion then, as we're obviously not gonna do anything there anyway.

Or if we do go there, don't wipe any of the denizes of old Draenor's memories and just let them pour fourth into present day Azeroth, we could always use a mini Thrall and a big Thrall. While we're at it, let's go back in other paralel universes as wesl and bring back Arthas, Turalyon, Alleria, Sylvanas, Uther, Lothar, Medivh, the entire Draenei army from Argus before its destruction.

Hell, while we're at it, let's just go back in time and bring the Titans back to present day Azeroth! Yeah, why not, Burning Legion problem solved!

Yeah.

They are going through great lengths to avoid Paradoxes.
    Last edited by bachertzhan; 2014-01-15 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachertzhan View Post
    They are going through great lengths to avoid Paradoxes.
    There's no paradox to be had. Grom could come through the portal and bang Zaela and she could name her child "Garrosh" and take him back into the portal... and nothing would happen because that's just coincidence and sounds like a good setup. Seriously though, there's no paradox to be had when you have multiple universes as the get-out-of-paradox-free card. Even if they didn't treat it like this, they could just pull the Doctor Who approach and make shit up as quickly as possible and call it good writing.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    There's no paradox to be had. Grom could come through the portal and bang Zaela and she could name her child "Garrosh" and take him back into the portal... and nothing would happen because that's just coincidence and sounds like a good setup. Seriously though, there's no paradox to be had when you have multiple universes as the get-out-of-paradox-free card. Even if they didn't treat it like this, they could just pull the Doctor Who approach and make shit up as quickly as possible and call it good writing.
    On the Horde side yes because they're all dead at present, but if you allow Frostwolves back, the same would apply to Alliance. And that wouldn't make sense. You'd have double Akama and Velen.

On the Horde side yes because they're all dead at present, but if you allow Frostwolves back, the same would apply to Alliance. And that wouldn't make sense. You'd have double Akama and Velen.
    Didn't even think about the "two of the same person" angle. It would make perfect sense, though. Wouldn't be good for story development, but sense could be made of it.

Honestly, I don't see the expansion ending without the connection being severed.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Didn't even think about the "two of the same person" angle. It would make perfect sense, though. Wouldn't be good for story development, but sense could be made of it.

Honestly, I don't see the expansion ending without the connection being severed.
    2 things:

1. Blizzard explicitly said they WON'T meet their doubles (and making exceptions ofc for the fact Draenei players would've existed back then, but ya know gameplay there). Can't imagine they'd go back on that.

2. What Pandaren exactly will be in WoD (yes ik the shado pan will be there a little, but that's it)? If the final boss was Grom or something along those lines then yes I'd agree. But since the statement "this xpac will lead into the next" basically means "the final tier will lead into the next xpac" it could be nearly anything as we don't know what it is.

For example, we could have the final boss be an Arrakoan Old God who essentially took control of the Iron Horde through a puppet, and when we kill it at the end of WoD it awakens the Naga and we fight them. There's your connection for WoD and next xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, all the Warlock class trainers are dead, maybe Ner'zhul becomes a "good" warlock and joins us.