Thread: Post Your UI

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing around with this, let me know what you guys think.

I'm not 100% on the target of target positioning. Or target spell name.

http://f.cl.ly/items/3B3p0m1l2n210N2...2002.22.47.png

(I can't post thumbnails from there)
    Last edited by iuris; 2014-01-14 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Random questions:
    1 - has anyone attempted to make a TSM theme that is Aurora-y?

2- Here is a screenshot of 3 icons. All are the same, have the same dimensions etc.

Icon 1 was created, random image chosen. Looks great!

Icon 2 is a copy of 1. The only difference is, it's been placed in a group. Looks like crap; blurry and shitty borders.

Icon 3 is a new icon that was placed in the group before the display icon was chosen. Also looks like crap.

Oddly enough, if I remove 2 and 3 from the group, they gain the lost definition. What gives?
    It's a post your UI thread, not a post your question that should be put in a new thread thread.

Random questions:
    1 - has anyone attempted to make a TSM theme that is Aurora-y?

2- Here is a screenshot of 3 icons. All are the same, have the same dimensions etc.

Icon 1 was created, random image chosen. Looks great!

Icon 2 is a copy of 1. The only difference is, it's been placed in a group. Looks like crap; blurry and shitty borders.

Icon 3 is a new icon that was placed in the group before the display icon was chosen. Also looks like crap.

Oddly enough, if I remove 2 and 3 from the group, they gain the lost definition. What gives?

When things are put into a group (for me anyway) i have to set them with an odd number at the end (EG 31 by 31) to keep there pixel borders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iuris View Post

I like this. I think I would switch the positions of the target and targettarget frames, and put the player frame below the action bar. Target spell name would look better vertically centered on the cast bar - I assume you have it a bit below because you don't want it obscuring the cast bar, which is fair enough, but I think with how wide the bar is that's not really that much of a concern. You should definitely have the cast text outlined like the other text, and maybe see if setting it to monochrome makes that font look better. You also have some inconsistent spacing between frames: http://i.imgur.com/zNOGNjo.png

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    snip]
    Thanks for the feedback man! Only problem I have with target bar being being below is debuffs are above. Plus the area below the action bar has some thing which weren't shown in the previous SS, has my power bar and some weak auras stuff. Huge thanks for that little picture of the spacing issues, helps me a lot!

Something that is bothering me is trying to get the action bars the correct width, which they seem to be there, and then getting the shield block and barrier buttons (either side) to match it height wise, but then try and get the weak auras icon which appears above those to try time left get the correct width!

TL;DR Can't get weak auras icon to match width of action bar.

It appears as though all of your text is one or two point sizes too large, thus looking very "fuzzy"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    It appears as though all of your text is one or two point sizes too large, thus looking very "fuzzy"
    I agree. But I can't seem to add another, whenever I try to add one to SharedMedia_MyMedia, it breaks all the fonts. It's really strange cause I literally copy the line above and change the font name and the link to the correct one. It annoys the hell outta me.

Seems like your action bars are having the same aliasing issue as mine :P Some borders are missing, others aren't.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like your action bars are having the same aliasing issue as mine :P Some borders are missing, others aren't.
    Oh I completely mis-read that!

You using the Clean Icons pack?
    Last edited by iuris; 2014-01-14 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    I agree. But I can't seem to add another, whenever I try to add one to SharedMedia_MyMedia, it breaks all the fonts. It's really strange cause I literally copy the line above and change the font name and the link to the correct one. It annoys the hell outta me.
    Consider using the .bat file to see if you got the syntax right, it could solve your issue.

Also, as Ishtara said, you need to decrease your font size by 1 or 2, so it looks crisp. Current size is very wrong for that font. Your target frame border is inconsistent too, but people do all kinds of racy stuff with their UIs nowadays so I don't know if that's intentional or not.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    Consider using the .bat file to see if you got the syntax right, it could solve your issue.

Also, as Ishtara said, you need to decrease your font size by 1 or 2, so it looks crisp. Current size is very wrong for that font. Your target frame border is inconsistent too, but people do all kinds of racy stuff with their UIs nowadays so I don't know if that's intentional or not.
    On a mac . Yeah the border issue is strange, it's just the backdrop from Stuf but it seems to go 1px too big when positioned there. If i was to move it say 2px to the left or right it would be fixed. It does the same if I apply a border too. Is that an aliasing issue?

Deleted
    On a mac . Yeah the border issue is strange, it's just the backdrop from Stuf but it seems to go 1px too big when positioned there. If i was to move it say 2px to the left or right it would be fixed. It does the same if I apply a border too. Is that an aliasing issue?
    Unsure what causes it, but there are fixes for Stuf if you don't wish to use an external panel addon for the backgrounds. See Lissa's UI for an editted version of Stuf with 1px backgrounds.

I use kgPanels for mine, but I'm in the process of moving over to oUF.

Oh I completely mis-read that!

You using the Clean Icons pack?
    Yeah, Clean Icons Thin I think. Your bars are probably sitting on a half pixel which is causing the issue. If you are using bartender, try changing the x and/or y from your-coordinate.0 to your-coordinate.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Safturento View Post
    oh man can you please upload this somewhere.

Deleted
    Running out of colors for my WeakAuras!
    They go from right to left (except Black Blood, that's inverted) and then afterwards they fill up with a red color until they're off cooldown again. It's working out nicely, but I'm thinking of making the text slightly bigger for readability.

I'm thinking I can remove spellnames from the bars when I've gotten used to the colors a bit more, which is why they're separated by color in the first place.

Also interested in a better layout for my SCT, it's not as functional as I'd like, but atleast it's pretty. Open to suggestions.
    Last edited by mmocd31d5ad991; 2014-01-15 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using this for quite some time, elvui changed to suit my preferences.
    http://i.imgur.com/w77kg5R.jpg

They go from right to left (except Black Blood, that's inverted) and then afterwards they fill up with a red color until they're off cooldown again. It's working out nicely, but I'm thinking of making the text slightly bigger for readability.

I'm thinking I can remove spellnames from the bars when I've gotten used to the colors a bit more, which is why they're separated by color in the first place.

Also interested in a better layout for my SCT, it's not as functional as I'd like, but atleast it's pretty. Open to suggestions.
    I'd consider filtering the sct so that you only see numbers over a certain threshold (personal pref). Also, if you are using colors to distinguish your auras, you can probably do away with the text labels. It's mostly personal preference but I feel like I can barely read the text. The fact that all your other text is much bigger just amplifies that for me. Also, drop herbalism and get a real profession!

Deleted
    I'd consider filtering the sct so that you only see numbers over a certain threshold (personal pref). Also, if you are using colors to distinguish your auras, you can probably do away with the text labels. It's mostly personal preference but I feel like I can barely read the text. The fact that all your other text is much bigger just amplifies that for me.
    I agree, but I don't think I can filter my SCT in that way because of Affliction... But I'll try it out and see how it feels.

Also, drop herbalism and get a real profession!
    Herbalism is about on par with Engineering, Tailoring and Blacksmithing and better than the rest for Warlocks so I think I'll keep it.

EDIT: New shiny soul shards! Animated swirly things, quite like them so far. Will have to test them out in a raid to see how functional they are.

EDIT#2: Made them stick together more, no need for them to be so spaced out.
    Last edited by mmocd31d5ad991; 2014-01-15 at 07:02 AM.

I'm squeaking closer to what I want for my ui, and I'm finding I really enjoy (almost) getting exactly what I want with WeakAuras. I've gotten most of my buffs up on my hunter and am almost ready to record a vid of everything in action. Which brings me to a question: What do y'all use to record your ui's in action? I used to use fraps but that was a couple of years ago and I'm wondering if it's still champ- or if there's some new program that works better.

I've also a question on WeakAuras, is there a way to make the progress bar or background class colored?

What mod is it that creates a "weekly checklist" for you? Would be helpful for my weekly mount farming.