Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard could sell anything and people would throw 25 dollars at it. Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    keep on milking that shop money blizzard while you still can...
    Well to be honest who didn't really see blizzard staying with this move?

It's the best of both worlds. They have massive amounts of people that sub to the game plus they run a cash shop.

Their hitting every cash avenue and pay system possible all in one.

But the longer people continue to pay them, why wouldn't they continue on that path.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Never going to buy anything from blizz. defeats the purpose of a game in my opinion
    Please Go on...How does it defeat the purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    I bought it. Haters gonna hate.
    Yeah, and because of guys like you the blizz shop exists. All these mounts could be in game for free...if there wouldn't be people that are willing to pay for it. Not sure who is the idiot here....

Deleted
    Blizzard this is ->EPIC FAIL<-.How about you Update WoD info site and give us some real info on WoD.Ty for placing all the ugly Mount in the store.

I must applaud the voice actor, for the 'mount trailer', for being able to do this speak without laughing that's a pro

Soooo much QQ in this thread its ridiculous, its a mount get over it people

Unique model, frickin trailer, all that for a mount from shop. Where now you know where all their "resourcers" are going...

So that just leaves hearthsteed and storm crow as potential CE mounts unless I'm forgetting one. And hearthsteed makes more sense of having something to do with a hearthstone purchase. So I'm banking on storm crow which would be kinda awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Yeah, and because of guys like you the blizz shop exists. All these mounts could be in game for free...if there wouldn't be people that are willing to pay for it. Not sure who is the idiot here....
    At least you're willing to admit that you're not sure. Kudos for that. Regardless, continue playing the game your way and we'll continue playing ours. Buying mounts that were made for that specific purpose isn't destroying what's also in game. Players who complain about pixels are. They are as welcome to leave as any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Unique model, frickin trailer, all that for a mount from shop. Where now you know where all their "resourcers" are going...
    It's not a unique model at all. It's using the chimera model that's been in the game coupled with animations from the protodrake (the ground walking animations for starters). Honestly this is a cash grab and they'll keep doing it unless people wise up and stop throwing money at them for things that should be in the game for free.

You know, if you look at it economically, a store mount is cheaper than almost any mount you can get in-game, IF you have a job. Opportunity costs and stuff. I have to work 45 minutes to get the wage to buy this mount. So any mount in-game for which I have to spend more than 45 minutes farming (emphasis on farming, because farming sucks :P) is more expensive.

Good Guy Blizzard.

Keeps the monthly fee cost @ the same amount for 10 years even though value wise 15 bucks is worth less than it did in 2005.

Offers Mounts / Pets / Transmog items in an online store for people that want them so the sub fee doesn't have to increase.

Is treated badly by online community cause they are "greedy".

Still puts on one hell of a epic event showcasing what they are working on for the game with smiles and admiration for the community.

Deleted
    Theres a difference. Fanboys: oh we want to have mounts in the store so we can waste money for you.

Nonfanboys or as i call them nonretards: we want mounts to be droped by rares or something like back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    At least you're willing to admit that you're not sure. Kudos for that. Regardless, continue playing the game your way and we'll continue playing ours. Buying mounts that were made for that specific purpose isn't destroying what's also in game. Players who complain about pixels are. They are as welcome to leave as any of us.
    If the game was free to play outright I would agree with you, but we pay monthly for this game and tacking on premium items that should be available to their already paying customers is a dirty practice that people like you promote. People have said this is a slippery slope already in the past and I now believe it. They're "giving" a level 90 with WoD, I'm telling you now that this will be a paid feature after the expac launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Good Guy Blizzard.

Keeps the monthly fee cost @ the same amount for 10 years even though value wise 15 bucks is worth less than it did in 2005.

Offers Mounts / Pets / Transmog items in an online store for people that want them so the sub fee doesn't have to increase.

Is treated badly by online community cause they are "greedy".

Still puts on one hell of a epic event showcasing what they are working on for the game with smiles and admiration for the community.
    and you still wave your blizzard fan boy flag in loyalty, such a cute pet you are

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post

I'm not fond of the Blizzard Store mounts, because most of them are unique and look great. The bat was the worst offended, imo, as people had been clamoring for a bat mount for years, and now you can only get one by paying for it, while -- before that point, Blizzard always spewed some 'it's too hard' bullshit. As they always do when they just don't feel like doing it. Or it is somehow against their design standards.

However, stop trying to guilt-trip people into not buying these, just because Blizzard wants to profit off things people desperately want. All they want is a pretty mount. It's not as if they go "Ha, ha, ha! Now we are supporting Blizzard's Pet Store conduct, so that they can continue selling more and more mounts in the store. Mu-ha-ha. <Devilish horns>"

They don't. They may hate the fact that it's a bought store mount just as much as you, but they just want the pretty mount model they've loved since the moment they first saw the datamined model. They're not your enemies, they're victims of a catch-22 situation. They can buy it, and enjoy their new mount, but some idiots will /spit at them, insult them, raidkick them, guilt-trip them because they DARED use their own money to buy a store mount. If they don't, well, then they don't have the mount that they so badly want. Some people have wanted a chimaera/chimera and bat mount since forever. Don't tell them that buying those means that they're filthy capitalists that feed 'Bli$$ard's greed'.

I would rather them spend this time on WoD or more content...not another cash mount....
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have bought most but not all the mounts they have put in the store simply because

1. I have a job and I spend my earned money on what I want
    2. I like to treat myself to small things I like every now and then, these mounts come out every now and then for me

Call me an "idiot" because I don't agree with what others say, tell me the mounts/pets "should be free" or whatever you want. In the end I deem what is worthy of my money and this is one of those things. I would have much rather preferred that this mount be obtained by doing a quest or achievement but I'm not picky. If the player base had any real intention of stopping Blizzard from doing this it would have been done 7 mounts ago, moment we failed at that point there was no chance of stopping this train.

So they put rockets on a hideous zippleback.....
    Why the fuck are they working on the stupid fey dragon and this pos, when they don't have new character models finished. And they tell us they don't have time to put new models for ALL races before launch. Horseshit.