Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Why is it insulting calling a fanboy a fatso that cant get out of his room? Its the truth..
    Oh really,

I'm a "fan", at my job, and I'm not fat. Imagine that!

$25 is a drop in a bucket for me. So I'm sorry if mommy won't give you her credit card or your Burger job doesn't pay enough. But I don't have those problems. Mounts on p2win games can cost in excess of $150. So I have no issue throwing $25 at blizz for something I like. I mean seriously how dare they as a company use a cost effective way to generate extra revenue. It's not like they're a business.... Wait.....oh yea.

To all the people that are complaining that you have to pay for some mounts while still paying a subscription fee, if the subscription fee was 1 dollar a mouth would you feel entitled to all content in the game? It really comes down to cost per content, 15 dollars a month gets you virtually everything but a half dozen mounts and 10 pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKain View Post
    Oh really,

I'm a "fan", at my job, and I'm not fat. Imagine that!
    Okay we say so..

Im by no means a lore junkie, but Im pretty suprised that they would release the mount prior to any iron horde stuff being released. Seems odd and I wonder if they will make a post to explain.

Deleted
    Regardless of what people think of these 'micro' transactions in a subscription-based game, WoW is pretty much the only game who gets away with it. I personally dislike the idea of shortcutting to cool mounts with spending real money, I'd rather play the game to earn something instead. In WoD, I'll be /waving to people on my white polar bear mount, and I'll disregard all the 'what's the matter, can't affooooord this mount?' banter, which seems like enough reason to justify their purchase (apart from the legit 'I just think it's cool, daddy's gotta have it!)

Sure, I think the mount is awesome, but I think it would have been awesome-er if for instance you had to craft a harpoon-net-gun, encounter the flying beast somewhere, best it in combat (example, riding on one head while pummeling the other, and switching around when needed), net it and bag it, keep it imprisoned in your garrison, gain its trust due to a set of dailies, farm mats for the armor plating, and thén ride it to glorious conquest - you know, actually earning the respect it demands (as advertised in the trailer) instead of handing over money and buying respect.

With twin heads, jaws of steel, and twin afterburners strapped to its flanks, it still travels at the same speed as your max flying skill, and adds nothing functional to the game. Fancy commercial to get people to spend money on pixels.

Oh lord.... they had just put the Fairy Dragon on the Store, and not long before the Bat mount. This only makes Blizzard seem really desperate to make up for the revenue lost. They don't want to show more updated characters but they have no problem revealing a new Store mount in the middle of the month, despite that one of the devs promised last week to reveal more characters.

Also, how can people possibly not see that the Store mounts look vastly superior to the hard obtainable mounts in game? The Garrosh 25 hc mount is just a cheap reskin, the Store mounts have all those cool effects, or atleast the Fairy Dragon has them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    Im by no means a lore junkie, but Im pretty suprised that they would release the mount prior to any iron horde stuff being released. Seems odd and I wonder if they will make a post to explain.

Seems to me like the Iron Skyreaver being released already was a bug to begin with. As I recall, it randomly popped up after a restart. Perhaps Blizzard decided to stick with it and released the trailer/information. I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narelle View Post
    With twin heads, jaws of steel, and twin afterburners strapped to its flanks, it still travels at the same speed as you max flying skill, and adds nothing functional to the game. Fancy commercial to get people to spend money on pixels.

What? You wanted it to fly faster than the average mount? That would have been P2W.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... not even paying the game because there isn't much to see/do between xpacs... Not interested in paying for a new mount.
    I wish they were using artists for Warlords' content instead of in-game shopping.

My guess is that the pre expansion shit will be starting to happen way before expansion this time around. Maybe even a filler raid/scenario that leads into it.

Deleted
    I love how WOTLK/CATA babies tries to argue with me. Well im done gonna play on private servers where epics are not given out for free and the pvp is actually more enjoyable. You fanboys are so sensitive, and only fatsos are sensitive and get mad..

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldmc View Post
    Meh... not even paying the game because there isn't much to see/do between xpacs... Not interested in paying for a new mount.
    I wish they were using artists for Warlords' content instead of in-game shopping.
    The thing is, before it loses its monthly subscription fee the store needs a huge selection of vanity items so they need to do both store and game content.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

So, not a big lore guy or anything but why are we getting a mount crafted by the Iron Horde before the portal to Draenor has been opened?

I love how WOTLK/CATA babies tries to argue with me. Well im done gonna play on private servers where epics are not given out for free and the pvp is actually more enjoyable. You fanboys are so sensitive, and only fatsos are sensitive and get mad..

I hope you at least get a firm warning by a mod or whatever. Your behavior is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I hope you at least get a firm warning by a mod or whatever. Your behavior is unacceptable.
    Thats not even close to get a warning, toughen up.

Why is it insulting calling a fanboy a fatso that cant get out of his room?

Hey im going out often, i have a good body, and i dont get offended by people telling me that.
    You assume ppl are sitting in their room. I for example am at work goofing off on my phone waiting for a telecom to start but tech issues on the other end have ended up with us all sitting here goofing off on our phones while we wait for them to to get their stuff fixed. So you assume too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Apparently I do, because that's the catch-22 I described. Yes, they need customers, but they have customers exactly because many people want the pretty mounts more than they care to protest the Blizzard Store. But you can't blame them for it.
    Why can't you blame them? Nobody is forcing them to buy, right?

The thing is: They buy this mount to show it off...and then it will be locked away like the 200 others cause the animations and so on make it a horrible mount for actual use.
    I'm mostly pissed that people are willing to support the ingame shop just to get a show-off mount for their e-peen-enlargement. If they would actually use it nonstop...hey...that's okay(if you'd say to me "$25 so you'll be able to keep useing your headless horseman mount", it'd be worth it for me cause I use it all the time. Okay, I'd be pissed about it but overall that's the only mount I have that would be worth it...and I got around 180)...then your catch22 may count.

P.S.: People that use this mount on a RP-server right now should ask themselves if they are really on the right server....

What? You wanted it to fly faster than the average mount? That would have been P2W.
    What? You are stating something I didn't even say just to make an argument? Of course you are. I never stated such demands. I am sarcastically pointing out how over the top the commercial is for a novelty item. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    So, not a big lore guy or anything but why are we getting a mount crafted by the Iron Horde before the portal to Draenor has been opened?
    Well there's 2 reasons, all time flows forwards and backwards simultaneously and alternate timelines and realities are woven around each other so maybe by chance these creatures have started to pop up though a glitch in the dark portal.

The second reason, a wizard did it?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal