Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    First of all it's not a "once" used arguement but an ALWAYS used arguement. The situation is very similar. You support something with it where you know that it's not okay(either legally or morally). Granted that one is much worse than the other...but it doesn't change that there is the same core idea behind it.
    "I want it and I know it's wrong to support something like that...but hey, I want it so much NOW."...and then you don't wanna be blamed for acting like that and you are surprised that people that take the "It's wrong to support it, so I won't do it, no matter how much I want it!"-approach judge you. Odd...

So.. you're equating selling optional pixels on a store to molesting a child. I think you might want to take that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So.. you're equating selling optional pixels on a store to molesting a child. I think you might want to take that back.

If I would have said that I might have something to take back. Fortunately I didn't say that....

If that is the best you can come up with to defend your arguement, rather wave a white flag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    $25 is a drop in a bucket for me. So I'm sorry if mommy won't give you her credit card or your Burger job doesn't pay enough. But I don't have those problems. Mounts on p2win games can cost in excess of $150. So I have no issue throwing $25 at blizz for something I like. I mean seriously how dare they as a company use a cost effective way to generate extra revenue. It's not like they're a business.... Wait.....oh yea.

The social experiment that UO started in-game, has obviously moved to the forums these days. I find it fascinating that someone would try or want to identify themselves as rich and spokesperson for corpotations because they have 25 dollars to spend.

Curious why the timing of the release matters in the slightest.

You either want to buy this stuff or you don't. Wouldn't you want the stuff you want to buy to come out sooner so you can, you know-- BUY it?

I see people complaining "TOO SOON" and then saying in the same breath that they're buying it anyway. WAT?

I would think if you were truly indignant, you would wish to speak with your dollars-- the only voice that matters-- and not purchase it.

It's not like it goes on sale for a week and disappears. It's there if you want it. So take it or leave it.

You humans are weird sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..
    You normally don't meet people like that in real life because people don't act like that normally. Yes there are exceptions. But for example, if everyone is standing around saying an item in a store is a ripoff, you won't see someone walk through the middle of the crowd and say, "I spend my money on stuff that brings me pleasure. Sorry if mommy won't buy it for you people." Anonymity brings out the best.

If I would have said that I might have something to take back. Fortunately I didn't say that....

If that is the best you can come up with to defend your arguement, rather wave a white flag.

No, you're just making some fallacious comparisons and outlandish arguments. Sorry, but you make no sense in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deftone007 View Post
    Im by no means a lore junkie, but Im pretty suprised that they would release the mount prior to any iron horde stuff being released. Seems odd and I wonder if they will make a post to explain.
    This will most likely be a model for mobs in wod and available in-game with different color. It wont sell anymore at that point. Blizzard is in huge debt after they loaned money to buy themselves from Vivendi, and Koticks latest exploitation innovation has been to sell future mob/mount models with cash before you can get them in-game.

No, you're just making some fallacious comparisons and outlandish arguments. Sorry, but you make no sense in that regard.
    I'm so sorry that I ain't sitting in your box thinking your way....

They must be bleeding subs badly to release another RMT mount so soon. Got to keep those stockholders happy somehow I guess.
    Shame they're so short sighted though. This "pump up the next quarterly report" mentality is killing this game. Such a shame for a once great gaming company.

LOL at all the whining people. I like the $25 dollar mount so i will buy it, like last night i spent around the same on beer i just pissed out this morning. I will buy what i like, and you don't buy what you don't like.

I'm so sorry that I ain't sitting in your box thinking your way....

If you're comparing the use of a certain argument by a customer playing a game to the use of a similar argument used by child molesters, and using that to say "using x argument is bad because people who've used similar argument under different circumstances used it."

Then yeah, you are not sitting in my box, thinking my way. I am glad that isn't 'my way'.

If you're comparing the use of a certain argument by a customer playing a game to the use of a similar argument used by child molesters, and using that to say "using x argument is bad because people who've used similar argument under different circumstances used it."

Then yeah, you are not sitting in my box, thinking my way. I am glad that isn't 'my way'.
    Same argument, similar circumstances...not similar argument, different circumstances.

BRING back the wizardcrab blizzard clearly he was the voice of reason. Also I like to think those arent rockets but carrying cases for loot, like what bikers have on bikes.

i thought this was going to be the 10 year Anniversary mount, guess not all they want is money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously blizz, did you really have to make it a store mount? I mean come on, we already pay you 15$ a month to play the game plus the price of buying the game, it isn't like you are losing money by having the game running!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can't wrap my mind around an adult spending 25 dollars on this thing, and then proceeding to aggressively defend that guided decision on forums through argument. I am sitting here trying to imagine how a person like that can go through life not being taken seriously by anyone and being taken advantage of by everyone. Where do they live, how do they survive and why don't I ever met people like that irl. I have an easier time imagining flying unicorns tbh. It's one thing to splurge responsibly..
    There is nothing to defend. I am not planning to buy this particular mount but I have no problems at all with buying a $25 mount. I am an adult with disposable income, and I am free to spend it any way i like. If you honestly think less of me for spending my own hard-earned money on some pixels that give me a bit of enjoyment then I feel sorry for you but will not feel myself diminished in any way shape or form. I do wonder what made you so high and mighty that you feel you can judge your fellow man so easily. Must be the whole internet anonymity thing. Oh, and the fact that your mommy probably just blocked your allowance so you probably feel the need to lash out at the world.

Deleted
    Cool mount. Sucks to be a shop mount. But oh well, fucking Blizzard now only see $$$$$. Always wanted to pay expansions and subscription for a game only to have to pay some more if I wanted to obtain something in that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the store mount..but did it really need a trailer...could mean we have -trailer/ cut scene in wod QQ

The one time I bought a store mount I regretted it. Not because it was bad looking (I got blood wing) but the idea of having a bought mount bugged me. I feel like mounts are status symbols, some sort of achievement no matter how small. Walking/Flying around of a bought mount makes me feel retarded, like I had nothing more important to spend my money on and am now showing off that fact.

On the other hand this sort of stuff keeps people like me (3D artisits/animators) employed. So that's great!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't figure out how to change credit cards on the in-game Blizzard store. It keeps wanting to use one from 5 years ago