Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Buying level 90s doesn't bother me, most people don't know how to play their class anyway. Hell, I'd be surprised if the tutorial didn't make some people better than the average person playing a new class at 90. (Assuming the tutorial isn't just completely useless and at least has a basic rotation and such, though I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.)

Such a terrible idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Siorra View Post
    I wonder if they'll work something out to let people buying a physical Collector's Edition not miss out on playing straight away. Other than buying a digital normal edition and getting it refunded, of course.
    If you're buying it from a store - picking it up yourself - I can't see them doing anything to accommodate that - however since BC I've gotten my CE's from EB (I know - but it's the best I can do since Amazon.ca simply sucks) and I've received my copy by at least the day of launch if not a day earlier.

As for the price - I can't see it being 50+ nor should it. They are after people like me (those with multiple 90's already who for one reason or another have never levelled a certain character type) or returning players. Pricing it too high will simply alienate those it's targeted at, achieving nothing.

What about if you get physical collector's edition.... no early 90 and such??!?

Yep WoW not a F2P game just the spending money part.

Quote Originally Posted by Siorra View Post
    I wonder if they'll work something out to let people buying a physical Collector's Edition not miss out on playing straight away. Other than buying a digital normal edition and getting it refunded, of course.
    I don't see it being that much. If anything I can see it being $20+. Reason being is leveling isn't that hard just a pain for most. Also, you can buy a new copy of WoW and RaF whatever toon you want and just powerhouse through 1-85 rather easily in a day or two. So I see it being cheaper to buy a new copy (so they get a box sale) and possible extra month or two + transfer cost for them.

ok...I was alright with the 1 free 90 boost. I am very very unok with offering purchases of character upgrades. especially in a game that I pay a monthly fee for. It is just starting to become way way too much now. they pay a team to make store stuff with the money we use for content work, and although it is a separate team and does not slow things down these are things we could get in game. I have played for 9 years and am very very worried about the direction this is going when I wasn't very worried at all just a moment before reading this.

People seem to forget 90 isn't the max level in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobstarrr View Post
    People seem to forget 90 isn't the max level in WoD.
    Word.

To put it into perspective, this is the same thing as the Scroll of Resurrection got upgraded to a level 85 boost. No one would care about that.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

oh come on, gief model updates pls, the toons on the WoD page bin having "coming soon" since blizzcon..

I hope the price is 30$.

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

It will bring more people to play the game, most of my friends who would want to play WoW are turned off by having to catch up in the first place. They are treating WoD as WoW 2.0, and that's completely fine by me!

Buying a 90 doesn't give anyone an advantage over somebody else, everyone will be starting at 90 anyway! It's NOT pay to win!

You've played WoW for years and have had to get your 90s the long way? Who cares! You had the opportunity to play all that time.

Good on Blizzard for making WoW more accessible for the masses.
    Last edited by benjoman; 2014-01-17 at 03:06 AM.

I'm hoping to reverse my nobetaclub fortunes & be picked very early for the closed beta. Fingers crossed.
    They must be further along than we know - no friends and family alpha this Time? Straight to closed beta?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh... sounds like WoD is going to be strictly pay to win.

Someone called it that they would just bridge the content gap with store purchases, kudos to whoever that was...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nice it confirmed mount and pet for CE, thats pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Sigh... sounds like WoD is going to be strictly pay to win.
    ITT - Paying for last expansions level is winning.

I really don't want level 90s to be buyable strait from the in-game store. Just remove the old world if you're going to do this Blizz.Everyone starts at max level and the only upgrade path is gear.

You know that you want to. Just do it.

Also...

"In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion. This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor. Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process."

That's called, keeping people occupied whilst 5.4 continues on for a few more months. Not that it's specifically a bad thing, just pointing it out.

Deleted
    Lvl 90 for r.m ?

Naaa thx it´s already a joke to lvl up to 90.
    /played total 2 days, not worth to purchase that , let´s see the next microtransaction they come with, i guess it will be some kind of valor//jp//honor//conquest point double exp win rate or some thing for lazzy pple