Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Can we take the time to Apprieciate this Game for what it has done for some of Us?

Context: When you needed to communicate, talk to people and form groups etc.

When i think back to 2005/6 when i started playing this game,

9 Years ago. Wow.

I think of all the time i spent in it. All the time questing, learning playing having fun with friends,
    It gave some of us that arent the best at socializing a place to go.

Hell, the only six pack i have has Bundaberg Rum written on it

This Game has been my Rock for years of Turmoil ( high school from 2005-2010) Possibly the hardest (to scale, with puberty etc.) times of life, id come home, sad angry happy, whatever. it would always be there. so, Thank you Azeroth. My home away from Home.

Now, its your turn! tell me and the MMOC community how it has affected you, negatively or Positively, I want to hear your stories!

Cheers
    -Cowtchie

10+ Year Old Account
    Positivity is frowned upon here.

Mod-note: No need to attempt to troll
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-17 at 01:12 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Positivity, is all we have in this world

Tons of good times. I associate a few different eras of my life with the times I've spent with WoW.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's forever a part of my youth. I have 90% good things to say and about 10% bad.
    I love that game. I dont play anymore because I have obligations (like an idiot). But one day, I will surely return - I just need some loopholes at this time in my life.
    I like juice

wows always been one of those few games i can play all the time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has brought friends together real life and online, I've been playing since BC, I've got mates that I have brought in during wrath days that still play, I've met a couple ex's and a heap of mates online, that I now know in real life.

This game has probably ruined 1000's of lives.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately yes, however you dont blame a car for a car crash ( in 99 percent of cases)

10+ Year Old Account
    Met and married my husband from it.

We met in BRD.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is life. WoW is sex. Embrace it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It has given me a hobby that is cheap, infinite, and allows me to interact with people based on who they are, not what they are. Since starting 7 years ago I have not been able to get into any other game, they all seem so short and meaningless in comparison.

It gave me something to do when I was younger and didn't enjoy going out as much, gave me some of the best experiences of my life. Will always have a place in my heart for WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    People ruin their own lives, it's their own fault if they allow WoW to become so big or important that it gets in the way of RL. Blaming it on WoW is just an easy way out of blaming yourself

5 good friends that I've known for 7 years now, such an awesome thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    Met and married my husband from it.

We met in BRD.
    That is acutally so cute.

Met quite a lot of awesome people in our little world of warcraft. Many I have met later at agreed gathering in Norway and Russia, as well as some now and then. I do no regret playing wow at all. Many I have known for around 9 years in WoW.

And it has been quite a cheap hobby to have.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

At this point, all I feel it did was drain me of a lot of money, while basically every other game I played was a one time purchase. But in all fairness, I did have some pretty great memories on it, especially with people I was close to. Leveling my first character with someone, both of us clueless and fumbling around like idiots, ganking and getting ganked, was one of the most fun experiences I have ever had. Too bad the game is so damn expensive, especially over a long period of time.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had some great times with this game, and I'll hopefully return when WoD hits. Despite the many criticisms people may throw at World of Warcraft, it's always a quality game and I enjoy playing it. Grinding rep, farming mounts, completing achievements, running about beautiful zones absorbing the lore, history and questing-what's not to like?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    A lot of fun things has happened WITHIN the game over the years. I have so many good and happy memories playing with both friend and stranger. However, as I grew older and stopped playing WoW I've realized just how much harm it has caused. I have probably lost up towards a million in could-have-been income, lost contact with many of my childhood friends and missed a lot of age restricted opportunities(Military, Academic education etc).

This is by far the most expensive game I ever had the pleasure enjoying. I do not recommend it to anyone even though it was hell'a lot of fun.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    i can promise you, my wife wishes she could go back in time and destroy the founders of Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Positive:

- Hours of enjoyment: I would get lost, go quest, explore, farm, do just about whatever I wanted to
    - Great value: The price has not risen in the 7 years I've played
    - Friends along the way: I've met some good people who play this game and remind me good people are out there
    - Uniqueness: No other MMO offers every single aspect which WoW does

Negative:

- The Community: Anonymity and years of being allowed to run unchecked has brought out toxic players in full force
    - The Trolls: Sit in LFR, Trade Chat, or anywhere else just to be annoying and get people fighting
    - The Economy: Is out of control on some realms and so under performing on others, there is no set standard
    - The Grind: After 7 years, it is still necessary to do the same old stuff just to hit level cap. I leveled my last 2 characters with mining, herbing, and pet battles.

Overall:

I think this is still the most amazing MMO in production today, and after trying all the rest, I still continue to come back to Azeroth. Even when taking a short break, I would lurk in the forums to see what was new and hear what people were bitching about next.