Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I have to say that I am really tired of hearing people complaining about the ‘evils of corporate greed’. Every company worth its salt pushes its product licenses into new sales sectors with the intention of making more profit, even musical bands that hate corporations sell tshirts and posters. The more profitable you are the more successful you can be, expanding other projects.
    I have no problem with companies being profitable. It is the way things have to be. We are not talking about a company that is trying to "be profitable". We are talking about a company that makes an absolutely massive amount of profit from this game seeking to create new ways of generating money, not because they need to "be profitable" but simply because they are greedy. And people in this forum defend them for it. Hell, they cheer them on. It is laughable how many people appear to be happy as unpaid Blizzard PR interns.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

you think the slippery slope ENDS with a previous expansion cap character?

REALLY?

REALLY?

......REALLY?

thats so far from the actual bottom of the slope you havnt even gone down it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    So you can tell them "Well why didnt you speak up sooner?"
    you mean like he just did?

this website doesnt have a fucking anti blizzard mega shield around it, we arent in the twilight zone, they can see how pretty much everyone besides a couple whiners always say "if it doesnt have stats i dont give a shit"

blizzard isnt just throwing a bunch of balls into a manatee tank and choosing their plans based off which ball they pick
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That's not even remotely selling them.
    providing a service which allows you to obtain a specific thing that you could otherwise not purchase previously is selling something.

how can you actually sit there and logically say that they're not selling it.

also do you even bother to read the front page of the very website you moderate?

Bolster the Ranks
    We’ve also heard feedback from players that they’d be interested in boosting multiple characters to 90, including alts they play with friends on other factions and realms. We’ve been evaluating ways to make that possible without having players go through roundabout methods (such as purchasing multiple boxes and performing multiple character transfers), and in the near future we’ll be testing out a feature that gives you the option to purchase a character upgrade directly. We’ll have more information to share later—including details on our character-upgrade plans for Asian regions where players don’t buy expansion boxes—but you’ll start seeing pieces of the process soon on the PTR, so keep an eye out.

They're selling it.

Deleted
    OP, i feel you bro. But this is MMO-Champion. Even when we arrive at the point where Blizzard sells Valor, Justice & Honor Points, Lesser Charms (or their future equilevant), etc in their store people will still defend it due to their blind addiction and worshipping of a growing pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    OP, i feel you bro. But this is MMO-Champion. Even when we arrive at the point where Blizzard sells Valor, Justice & Honor Points, Lesser Charms (or their future equilevant), etc in their store people will still defend it due to their blind addiction and worshipping of a growing pile of shit.
    theyve been selling lesser charms for months. and even if they brought them over to the west i wouldnt give a shit. i havent done a daily in over 6 months and i still have like 20,000 of the fucking things
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    "In addition, when you pre-purchase either digital version, we’re going to grant you your level-90 boost at the time of pre-purchase. That’s a little different from the plan we laid out at BlizzCon, but based on the feedback, it’s obvious that many of you would like the chance to get acquainted with a new class before heading into the expansion. This will also give more players the opportunity to experience the current end-game content and the events leading up to Garrosh’s exodus to Draenor. Maybe you’ll get your Legendary cloak from Wrathion and level 90–100 Heirloom weapon in the process."

Under the Report from the Front Lines section.
    Was waiting for someone to actually post something from the front page to show that they read it rather than just saw posts in the thread before making exclamations.

So when are the pre-orders going to be made available; next week, after end-game content has been nerfed, during the WoD pre-patch? In every scenario there really isn't any advantage to these freshly made players other than minor profession-related stuff to be prepared for WoD; people that rerolled for progression have done so by now and gotten geared. Future rerolls will be more detrimental to a raid group or arena/rbg team since the time to get geared is time not spent progressing (For PvE not having the Meta and Cloak is a huge disadvantage, for PvP your behind on the rating grind that the top players have probably already gotten content to sitting on their rating levels to some degree).

Quote Originally Posted by Rogabr View Post
    providing a service which allows you to obtain a specific thing that you could otherwise not purchase previously is selling something.
    You can still get to 90 leveling the traditional way. The only difference between the traditional method and the service is the time investment. Based on how RaF and Scroll of Resurrection work I imagine that the boosted 90s will end up in a full set of vendor 430 green stuff.

They're selling it.
    Intentions do not always mean it will happen (see Heirlooms) though I do agree with you that Blizzard really wants to get this feature implemented.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-01-17 at 04:47 PM.

REALLY?

REALLY?

......REALLY?

thats so far from the actual bottom of the slope you havnt even gone down it yet.
    Apparently. Pack it in guys, shows over. All these 90's in greens made the last 9 years worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Was waiting for someone to actually post something from the front page to show that they read it rather than just saw posts in the thread before making exclamations.

So when are the pre-orders going to be made available; next week, after end-game content has been nerfed, during the WoD pre-patch? In every scenario there really isn't any advantage to these freshly made players other than minor profession-related stuff to be prepared for WoD; people that rerolled for progression have done so by now and gotten geared. Future rerolls will be more detrimental to a raid group or arena/rbg team since the time to get geared is time not spent progressing (For PvE not having the Meta and Cloak is a huge disadvantage, for PvP your behind on the rating grind that the top players have probably already gotten content to sitting on their rating levels to some degree).
    No idea when it will be available, if I had to guess, when the PvP season ends. They'd probably adjust classes, add the mount/pet for the CE, and the level 90 boost.

REALLY?

REALLY?

......REALLY?

No, let it be the end. Then no one can complain about a slippery slope.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im still looking for a valid reason on how it affects me/other players.
    IM not sure if people are aware that lvl cap will be 100? Anything you can get with that lvl 90 is irrelevant, even if you get full heroic gear + legendary cape. It is irrelevant at lvl 100.

Blizzard are just exploiting people's stupidity. If anyone wants to spend their money on something because of their own deficiency then its in blizzards favor to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Blizzard are just exploiting people's stupidity. If anyone wants to spend their money on something because of their own deficiency then its in blizzards favor to implement it.
    My deficiency is time, not money. I'll spend money to save time, and that's actually intelligent for someone with more money than time.

I want to play end-game with more classes, not level more classes. This is a video game, the goal is to have fun and play with your friends.

I'm going to pre-order WoD just for the lvl 90 boost.

I have (2) level 90's, an 85, and an 83. I have been playing since 06. I despise leveling. Absolutely despise it. Been there done that, its not the same. I might buy TWO copies of WoD just for the character boosts!

I do one quest, if that and log. Most of the time I log and look at my quest log, then log out.

Payed boost is the best thing Blizzard has done since...evah!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    It happens to everything eventually. Great things usually become bastardized. Look at Kung-fu in china. It's a dance now. Used to be the most lethal form of martial arts, and another reason to not hold on to previous forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    **Just because you lack the ability to see the fundamental difference between buying levels and buying more powerful items** doesn't mean Blizzard has the same flaw.

More powerful items would be considered P2W, I said: "It will be eventually, it ***just may someday include items***.. When, or where will it stop?"

Learn to fucking read.
    Well DUUUH, obviously what you said would only be relevant if you meant more powerful items. I'm calling you on your bullshit, you're trying to change what you meant here, because you originally meant buying upgrades. What else could you mean? Buying downgrades? Stupid. Buying cosmetic items? Already in game.

You're not fooling anyone here buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muffinss View Post
    Oh, we sorries, you still has monies???

MILK MILK MILK MILK MILK
    BREAKING NEWS: Snarky forum poster exposes Blizzard's true intentions: To make a profit. World shocked and appalled.

whats the big fucking deal? People are shit at max level now and they will be shit at max level in WoD nothing is gonna change.

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    All those years we made fun of the people saying. "If they sell server transfers whats stoping them from selling gear or max lvl characters? We thought such connection would never happen, since blizzard knows better.

Then they removed the faction limit and sold faction changes.....ok not that big of a deal, a little bit of worry spread the forums, but most people learned to accept it.

Now they are officially selling lvl 90 characters, even offering you a lvl 90 while the lvl 90 expansion is still out. This is officially, for me and my personal comfort level, too far.

Blizzard seems under the impression that "less people are playing mmos in general" but I dont think that is a result of the consumer, as much as it is a result of the lack of a true mmo products. (This one could be opinion, but for me this is true, I still love mmos, I just dont know of any REAL mmos these days)
    If Blizzard offers players the chance to hit level 90 during the current expansion, this is actually a great idea. It will give players the opportunity to learn their new class before the expansion hits, which should alleviate some concerns that a "fresh 90" will not be a good group member for dungeons while leveling. If players are given time to learn their class NOW before the expansion, they will be much better off.

As for "less people are playing mmo's in general" -- it's somewhat true. The driving force behind mmo's in the "golden era" (2000s) was its accessibility to be social with other people. Social networking and having an extension of online friends is what made mmo's worth playing (sure, the content was good, but not essential at the time). In today's world, we're living in social media and networking. Every game has it, every phone has it, every website has it. It's so "everywhere" now that people don't need to log into an mmo to chat with friends and feel connected to others. That is the essence of what the mmo originally brought to the table -- being connected to people.

Today's gamers are also shifting toward shorter playing sessions, which obviously doesn't fit well with mmo's that demand large amounts of time. Today's gamers also want the ability to pick up a game, stop playing it, then pick it up again at a future date and not feel "behind". MMO's again do not conform to this, as any time not spent playing the game means the player will fall behind in varying degrees of progression. Games like the moba genre (LoL, dota, smite), FPS games, indie games and mobile games are the future of gaming for this current gamer generation. Being able to start and finish a game within an hour of playtime is ideally what people want now.

REALLY?

REALLY?

......REALLY?

Lol. I love when people say "REALLY? REALLY? REALLY?" over and over and think that's some kind of remotely intellectual argument.

My opinion is that it is a necessary evil. I like populated queues, a robust AH and consistent development. Understandably, new subscriber numbers are not high and if market research shows that people feel daunted by the level climb from 1 to 100, they probably won't subscribe.

Do I think this will be good for the quality of the player base? No. Am I forced to play with easily identified boosted individuals? Nope.

In short: It is beneficial for the economy of the game and has no negative impact on me.

Look at it this way folks, if the toon lvl cap was 500 and a new expansion just came out would you really want to spend all your time leveling a toon to 500? The majority of players in wow have been around the leveling block more than a few times - this is a nice opportunity for all of us who can't muster the gumption to get on that leveling hamster wheel and roll out yet another toon