Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    you play, don't read lore? they are pretty selfish race that wants domination of druids.

I do care very much about lore, and yet I still think that there should be almost* no race / class limitations. It's only realistic that there are outliers in every race. Guild Wars 2 has no such restrictions and neither I nor anyone else seems to think that their lore suffers for it.

* Death Knight is an exception because it's a profession with a certain timeline. Pandaren DK's would make no sense at all, Worgen DK's make little sense as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Why can't human be shaman? Why can't orc be druid? Why can't Tauren be rogue? Why can't gnome be paladin? The lore could be stretched to justify them anyway but it would be terrible. That's the point.

Why would it be terrible? I think it would be great. From a RP standpoint, I'd find it very interesting to come up with sensible concepts for a gnome paladin or tauren rogue. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    I do care very much about lore, and yet I still think that there should be almost* no race / class limitations. It's only realistic that there are outliers in every race. Guild Wars 2 has no such restrictions and neither I nor anyone else seems to think that their lore suffers for it.

* Death Knight is an exception because it's a profession with a certain timeline. Pandaren DK's would make no sense at all, Worgen DK's make little sense as it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would it be terrible? I think it would be great. From a RP standpoint, I'd find it very interesting to come up with sensible concepts for a gnome paladin or tauren rogue. Why not?
    And there are outliers. But they tend to be enemies because the cultures within the alliance/horde of their race rejects them as goes and not allies. The culture they are in does not gree with certain things, and as a result of their upbringing, a night elf won't go from praising Elune to using the light like a paladin does, a gnome won't go from machinery to Druidism and a Tauren won't pick up demonic magic.

Warlock Draenei are enemies, and are not accepted by the Draenei of the alliance. There are outliers, but thu are not allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    And there are outliers. But they tend to be enemies because the cultures within the alliance/horde of their race rejects them as goes and not allies. The culture they are in does not gree with certain things, and as a result of their upbringing, a night elf won't go from praising Elune to using the light like a paladin does, a gnome won't go from machinery to Druidism and a Tauren won't pick up demonic magic.

Warlock Draenei are enemies, and are not accepted by the Draenei of the alliance. There are outliers, but thu are not allies.
    NE Paladins using the Light might not be possible, but NE Paladins in the vein of Elune might be. Keep in mind that Tauren are only Paladins for gameplay reasons, as are NE priests (gameplay wise, both use the Light, but that's not the way it is in lore. Tauren are more like sun Druids than paladins, and NE pray to Elune, not the Light). Both are vastly different in lore than they are in the game, and certain race/class combos could be similar. For example, I believe NE Paladins could get by as more similar to Sentinels and the Sisterhood of Elune, and be represented as Paladins in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    NE Paladins using the Light might not be possible, but NE Paladins in the vein of Elune might be. Keep in mind that Tauren are only Paladins for gameplay reasons, as are NE priests (gameplay wise, both use the Light, but that's not the way it is in lore. Tauren are more like sun Druids than paladins, and NE pray to Elune, not the Light). Both are vastly different in lore than they are in the game, and certain race/class combos could be similar. For example, I believe NE Paladins could get by as more similar to Sentinels and the Sisterhood of Elune, and be represented as Paladins in the game.
    I don't support the tauren paladins either. But tauren still look to light, not moonlight for guidance and power. They are a stretch, a great stretch, but night elves are even more of one.

Priest is less tied to "the light" than the paladin order. Priests are pretty much just any leader of worshipers, regardless of what they worship. the paladins however, worship "the light". Tauren worship "the light" in the form of the sun. Elune is not a form of "the light" night elves do not worship the light, they worship elune.

Priest is less tied to "the light" than the paladin order. Priests are pretty much just any leader of worshipers, regardless of what they worship. the paladins however, worship "the light". Tauren worship "the light" in the form of the sun. Elune is not a form of "the light" night elves do not worship the light, they worship elune.
    Unless, of course, Valen was right and Elune is a Naaru.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I don't support the tauren paladins either. But tauren still look to light, not moonlight for guidance and power. They are a stretch, a great stretch, but night elves are even more of one.

According to Loreology, Elune's power is similar to the Light. And besides, even the first paladins in Azeroth were just Warriors and Priests. The Archbishop and Lothar worked together to create them. Uther was originally a knight, a simple pious warrior. Turalyon was a Priest first. The other 3 first Paladins were the same, Priests or pious warriors. The Sisterhood is already pretty much Warrior-Priests, it's little more than a "hop, skip, and a jump" from that to a Paladin for gameplay. Perhaps there's a group in the Sisterhood who decide to take a more martial role, or something. Anything is possible, and I don't see it being that bad if it's done right.

According to Loreology, Elune's power is similar to the Light. And besides, even the first paladins in Azeroth were just Warriors and Priests. The Archbishop and Lothar worked together to create them. Uther was originally a knight, a simple pious warrior. Turalyon was a Priest first. The other 3 first Paladins were the same, Priests or pious warriors. The Sisterhood is already pretty much Warrior-Priests, it's little more than a "hop, skip, and a jump" from that to a Paladin for gameplay. Perhaps there's a group in the Sisterhood who decide to take a more martial role, or something. Anything is possible, and I don't see it being that bad if it's done right.
    Elune's light, however, is her magic. They are praising Elune, not the light itself. Meanwhile the paladins are praising the light.

Elune's light, however, is her magic. They are praising Elune, not the light itself. Meanwhile the paladins are praising the light.
    And the Sunwalkers praise An'she (the Earth Mother's eye, the Sun in their culture). And besides there's a tweet from Loreology (Blizzard employee) who said that Elune's magic is similar to the Light. As I said, we have Elune, a religious figure. Her priests are more warrior-priests than anything, similar to paladins. And we have the Sunwalkers and Blood Knights, two other orders that are paladins in the game, but aren't praising the Light at all.

To clarify, Sunwalkers get their powers from An'she (and are more Druids than paladins), and Blood Knights get theirs from the Sunwell (some do praise the Light, others don't, either way all Blood Knights channel the Light through their innate racial connection to the Sunwell). It's not much of a jump for NE Paladins, and if it's done right, it could be an awesome addition to NE lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    We see Druids using fire in Firelands .
    Firelands certainly appears to be shamanism at hand with druids of the flame (which also begs the question of their ability to 'ascend' into fire cats and what that actually counts as), but for a lot of their spells such as typhoon and hurricane - is it calling on the power of the elemental spirits (doesnt seem like it) or weather manipulation / primal magic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

And the Sunwalkers praise An'she (the Earth Mother's eye, the Sun in their culture). And besides there's a tweet from Loreology (Blizzard employee) who said that Elune's magic is similar to the Light. As I said, we have Elune, a religious figure. Her priests are more warrior-priests than anything, similar to paladins. And we have the Sunwalkers and Blood Knights, two other orders that are paladins in the game, but aren't praising the Light at all.

To clarify, Sunwalkers get their powers from An'she (and are more Druids than paladins), and Blood Knights get theirs from the Sunwell (some do praise the Light, others don't, either way all Blood Knights channel the Light through their innate racial connection to the Sunwell). It's not much of a jump for NE Paladins, and if it's done right, it could be an awesome addition to NE lore.
    And I dont support Sunwalkers being linked to paladins. The sunwell is a bit different as it is the same type of energy as the other paladins use it just comes from the Sunwell rather than prayers and faith.

And I dont support Sunwalkers being linked to paladins. The sunwell is a bit different as it is the same type of energy as the other paladins use it just comes from the Sunwell rather than prayers and faith.
    Well with Night Elves, it's the same thing. They're priests just channel Elune's power rather than the Light. What's to stop them from taking it a step further and creating NE Paladins?

Or a Paladin that doesn't bless the light... Oh wait... Belf's don't...
    Sure they do, they always have. Just that in BC it was the stolen light from a Naaru, and after that it was from the Light-blessed Sunwell. Even Tauren Paladins and Priests worship the Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Firelands certainly appears to be shamanism at hand with druids of the flame (which also begs the question of their ability to 'ascend' into fire cats and what that actually counts as), but for a lot of their spells such as typhoon and hurricane - is it calling on the power of the elemental spirits (doesnt seem like it) or weather manipulation / primal magic?
    According to the novels, it's weather manipulation. Foe example, Malfurion gathered clouds together and created lightning, as opposed to asking the elements for a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Nothing to do with the spirits. Druids do all that by harnessing the nature itself aka messing with the system of Azeroth.

Nothing to do with the spirits. Druids do all that by harnessing the nature itself aka messing with the system of Azeroth.
    Not only that, but the elementals (Neptulon, Ragnaros, etc) are different from the Elements themselves.

Not only that, but the elementals (Neptulon, Ragnaros, etc) are different from the Elements themselves.
    Metzen said that when spirits attain physical form, they become elemental. Not sure how it works.

Metzen said that when spirits attain physical form, they become elemental. Not sure how it works.
    When did he say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Dwarves are literally descendants of Earth. If they can't at least communicate with Earth, then I don't want to play this game anymore.

Trolls and Tauren are inherently tribal in nature, and often sought guidance from the spirits. They could also just have learned it from the Orcs. Makes sense for them too.

Goblin was a stretch. I don't think giving Goblin the Shaman class was a good idea.

Night Elves believe only in Elune as their goddess. They consider the elements harmful to nature, and a pox on Azeroth. No, it would not make any sense whatsoever for them to be Shaman.
    This. Although if they made Goblins able to be shaman (although, they are slight "perversions" of shaman, considering their totems are miniaturized oil rig looking mechanical ones) I'm sure they could figure out some way to implement Night Elf shaman as well. (A splinter group that doesn't hold Elune in the highest regard, perhaps.)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The fact that some Druids use arcane magic has been confirmed by the lore, but in this particular case i have no evidences, its just me that sees it that way.
    They do not use arcane magic, that's simply just an ingame mechanic.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

When did he say that?
    His twitter.