The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Affliction questions

First off, I'm going to start playing affliction full time(most likely) since we dont really need the aoe dps, i can do good dps with affliction and keep up with most ppl and I find it more fun than boring destro.

So here are my question

1) Obviously you dont HAVE to be hit capped, so i was wondering if any of you aff lock out there go under hit cap and if so, how much and how's the dps difference

2) with my gear, i can obtain the 97778 haste break point easily, however, should i do what i need to in order to reach the 13k haste breakpoint? would it be worth sacrificing some other stats to get it at 565 ilvl?

3) a question concerning gear.I have heroic robes of the tendered heart upgraded twice, my other chest piece is the tier piece. My question regarding which to use is this, is taking the heroic upgraded robes of tendered (+450 int,+1,803 haste, +1602 hit) worth taking over the tier chest(which gives me 1328 master and 1164 crit)

Thanks all for taking the time to read this. Any input would be great and i'd appreciate it a lot! Have a good everyone!

heres my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llove/advanced
    Last edited by nsgid; 2014-01-14 at 09:07 PM.

1. hit cap, just do it.
    2. no, 9.7 is fine
    3. Crit isn't valuable to aff, so go with whatever has the most int/mastery/haste

Deleted
    Stick to 4 set until you have 2 warforged pieces to replace them. It's not amazing but it's decent. Especially in execute.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Stick to 4 set until you have 2 warforged pieces to replace them. It's not amazing but it's decent. Especially in execute.
    so even if i have 2 heroic pieces, dont bother breaking the 4 set?

Deleted
    Sorry I assumed everything was heroic.

I'd break 4 set normal tier for 2 heroic items with decent stats.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so the hit and haste heroic chest from protectors over the crit/mastery regular tier chest?

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    so the hit and haste heroic chest from protectors over the crit/mastery regular tier chest?
    yeah, the shoulders off Protectors aren't bad either.

1) Hit cap, get it
    2) My (personnal) rule of thumb is, get the 13k haste breakpoint if your mastery is still over your haste.
    It affects your gameplay, maintaining haunt uptime become much more important. Also much more fun to me
    3) if you have the four piece, keep it. It helps your destro offspec for fight were this spec really shines
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so even if i have to sacrifice a lot of mastery, still just go for the 13k haste cap? How much is too much mastery to sacrifice?

so even if i have to sacrifice a lot of mastery, still just go for the 13k haste cap? How much is too much mastery to sacrifice?
    Swapping a few gems out to reach 13737 isn't too bad, looking at your armory makes it kinda hard to tell how much you would really sacrifice because you don't have your weapon equipped.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapelusz View Post
    Swapping a few gems out to reach 13737 isn't too bad, looking at your armory makes it kinda hard to tell how much you would really sacrifice because you don't have your weapon equipped.
    the weapon i have is the BoA from hellscream, the staff. i have 2 expertise/mastery gems in. With that being said, what would you recommend doing?

the weapon i have is the BoA from hellscream, the staff. i have 2 expertise/mastery gems in. With that being said, what would you recommend doing?
    I say go for it if after doing it you have more mastery than haste.

You lose 19% mastery going to 13737, and it's not really needed for PvE. Mastery is king.