Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    But level 90 wont be the max character level when we have access to this feature.

With the Scroll of Resurrection you could create an instant level 80 with a full set of greens. This is practically no different, only that it's open to all players instead of returning players. Not to mention it takes less than a week to level a character to the level cap using recruit a friend.

You were always going to be able to "buy" a level 90 character come WoD. It was just going to take buying another account and attaching WoD to it, then transferring the level 90 to your main account. It would be expensive, but it would have been possible, and Blizz knew this so they just said "Well fuck it, lets just let them buy it from us directly instead of them going through all the trouble of buying a whole new account."

And thus the forums went mad and made a mountain out of a crater.

Plus, there is zero correlation between the in-game shop and the paid boost to 90, aside from the fact that they released a new mount and announced the paid 90 in the same week.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

With the Scroll of Resurrection you could create an instant level 80 with a full set of greens. This is practically no different, only that it's open to all players instead of returning players. Not to mention it takes less than a week to level a character to the level cap using recruit a friend.

You were always going to be able to "buy" a level 90 character come WoD. It was just going to take buying another account and attaching WoD to it, then transferring the level 90 to your main account. It would be expensive, but it would have been possible, and Blizz knew this so they just said "Well fuck it, lets just let them buy it from us directly instead of them going through all the trouble of buying a whole new account."

And thus the forums went mad and made a mountain out of a crater.

Plus, there is zero correlation between the in-game shop and the paid boost to 90, aside from the fact that they released a new mount and announced the paid 90 in the same week.
    So Blizzard are saying "If you wanted to pay extra and get another copy of the game, then pay extra to transfer that boosted character across to your main account, you will do that. So we might as well offer a paid level 90 feature, since our other paid features let you do it anyway". To me that just shows how warped the whole thing has become because of introducing paid features in a subscription game.

They are now using their own PAID features to argue why it is a good idea to introduce more PAID features. You can bet that they are extending this thinking further; because then it almost becomes logical to offer more paid features; everything starts to hang together nicely. Except, of course, for the fact this is all happening in a subscription game.

Certainly starts to feel like a slippery slope to me.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Having the OPTION to buy a level 90 character (level cap will be 100 in WoD so you'll still have to level anyway and learn your class) is in no way 'pay to win' unless you actually find leveling up to be "winning" which in this game is just not the case. You still have the option to level your own characters, no one is forcing you to participate in it. You don't get any additional bonuses by doing this that you wouldn't get by leveling your own character. (other than saving some time in exchange for some extra cash) People really like to moan and whine about every little thing these days. Call me if they ever offer high end raiding gear or PvP gear then maybe you might have a point but an option to skip mindless leveling? I don't see the problem.

I love that post by Bashiok. Hey guys we are going to sell lvl 90's to milk already paying customers and it's your fault. What a bunch of goddamn heroes they are. They use a scenario that only the most hardcore would use to justify it. *shock horror gasp* Not only will people eat it up but will thank them for it while Blizzard laughs all the way to the bank. Fucking geniuses they are. You have to admire them.

I can understand why people are okay with free 90s. I can understand why people are not okay with free 90s. But I don't agree with paying for a free 90, it shows that the developers have given up on enhancing the leveling experience and how much they have fallen from being the leading MMO on the market.

It seems to me, as time keeps passing by, that the developers are more interested in providing more micro transactions and cash shop items instead of delivering quality content to their player base. They are finding more ways to take money off them instead of delivering content for the monthly fee they pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    So Blizzard are saying "If you wanted to pay extra and get another copy of the game, then pay extra to transfer that boosted character across to your main account, you will do that. So we might as well offer a paid level 90 feature, since our other paid features let you do it anyway". To me that just shows how warped the whole thing has become because of introducing paid features in a subscription game.

They are now using their own PAID features to argue why it is a good idea to introduce more PAID features. You can bet that they are extending this thinking further; because then it almost becomes logical to offer more paid features; everything starts to hang together nicely. Except, of course, for the fact this is all happening in a subscription game.

Certainly starts to feel like a slippery slope to me.
    Yes. They are adding a separate paid feature to remove the hassle of going through 3 different paid features. It saves both the customer and Blizzard time and money. Full stop. It has nothing to do with them selling heroic tier gear on the item shop.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    We have already seen more mounts than every in the cash shop and the trend will continue. Time to buckle up or get off the ride as we have just begun the trip down the rabbit hole.
    Alright Oprah, let's chill out on the "WHOA NELLY". 2 were released in this patch through the cash shop, 4+ were added in-game. 3-4 have also been added in all the other major patches too that were in-game only.

I know, math is hard and it's easy to just cry wolf to make things seem worse than they are.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-01-18 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    I can understand why people are okay with free 90s. I can understand why people are not okay with free 90s. But I don't agree with paying for a free 90, it shows that the developers have given up on enhancing the leveling experience and how much they have fallen from being the leading MMO on the market.

It seems to me, as time keeps passing by, that the developers are more interested in providing more micro transactions and cash shop items instead of delivering quality content to their player base. They are finding more ways to take money off them instead of delivering content for the monthly fee they pay for.
    If they haven't tried that with Cataclysm, I will probably be in the same shoe and protesting on the forums on them neglecting leveling environments.

Blizzard did try, Cataclysm turned out to be the expansion everyone hates, with too few zones and destroyed the entire Azeroth that we know of. Considering ICC put people on ice for a WHOLE YEAR, Blizzard had enough time for development, but it just wasn't enough. Too few people goes through leveling content anymore, the investment simply isn't worth it.

"Well they can make it better so players will actually level!" Sadly the MMO player pool no longer support Blizzard trying to get new players. They need old players back, they want the old players back. The ones with disposable cash, less time per day for games, you know those people with jobs? New players ain't going to spend time going through 90 levels with a 10 year old game.

Why all the drama ?

We have had max lvl boosts before, we have had recruit a friend which get used by a lot of players to max char's super fast. There have been plenty of way's to "buy" a max lvl char.

And I don't see why anybody cares, even if the sell lockouts or whatever, why does it matter ?

You don't have to use any of those services, and someone else using it doesn't affect you at all, does it change anything for you if a player can get some heroic gear quicker then you ?

Does it even matter if someone clears content faster then you ? *

If you are only playing this game so you can say that you had something faster then some random guy you don't even know, you are playing for the bad reasons and it's actually quite sad :S

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Alright Oprah, let's chill out on the "WHOA NELLY". 2 were released in this patch through the cash shop, 16 (MoP factions) + 13 (Pandaren) + 10 (world bosses, rares and bone grinding) + 3 (raid drops) + 4 (personal meta achievements for dungeons and raids) + 1 (guild meta for T14) + 2 (mount collection achievements) + 1 (or 4) (Challenge Modes) + 1 (new PvP mount) + 3 (Gladiator) = 54(57) were added in-game. 3-4 have also been added in all the other major patches too.

I know, math is hard and it's easy to just cry wolf to make things seem worse than they are.
    Fixed the amount of mounts that were made available this expansion.

Alright Oprah, let's chill out on the "WHOA NELLY". 2 were released in this patch through the cash shop, 4+ were added in-game. 3-4 have also been added in all the other major patches too that were in-game only.

3-4 every major patch you say? I guess math is hard as i don't see dozens of mounts in the store. Guess mine is broken. I do see 4 they have added this expansion so far and i will admit to being a bit unsure about the rest but no more than 2 per other expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    3-4 every major patch you say? I guess math is hard as i don't see dozens of mounts in the store. Guess mine is broken. I do see 4 they have added this expansion so far and i will admit to being a bit unsure about the rest but no more than 2 per other expansion?
    I said 2 in cash shop, 4+ in-game (only obtainable in-game).

I said 2 in cash shop, 4+ in-game (only obtainable in-game).
    My inability to read properly aside they have already added double the mounts in the cash shop. That was my initial point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No they're not. Don't make things up.
    I don't know if you've been paying attention, but yes they are.

To be perfectly honest if you had a choice of playing from level 1-90, enduring the Cataclysm Lore that made the Alliance look like wimps, getting ganked in every leveling zone in Wow by bored level 90's abusing the AH, waiting 30 mins for a dungeon que only to find out the Tank does not no what they are doing or leaves from constant abuse mid fight, Then after all that grief find out that there is about a million dailies at level 90 you must complete, and you have to do ALL those dungeons over again on Heroic before you can be carried by your friends as well as wait 45 minutes for 3 bags of Gold after 5 wipes in an LFR raid, OR

simply pay 25$ and skip the leveling/ganking process what would you do?

Yeah I thought so.

I thought this was just another free 90 with purchase thread then I read the part where they will be selling extra 90s...and people in the thread are still defending them. You really dont think this is a little too much...just a wee bit? Just cant admit it, can you?

I just cant wait until Blizz crosses the line full blown and starts selling gear and other things just to read how people will defend them then.

Someone please explain me why the hell it matters?

Why do you care about someone not having to level a character?

It's like people who complain that gear is to easy to get.

Also, using a fallacy to support your arguments is quite idiotic... and no, blizzard will not start selling gear.
    Last edited by Glasse; 2014-01-18 at 02:21 AM.

as far as i know (and i know very little) the lvl-90 shortcut is one of the "bigger" demands that the community has right now. i believe that there are a lot of discussions, between blizzard and wow-players, that say how boring and mindnumbing it has become to level a character to 90 and that it has become too big of a barrier for people who want to try different classes in endgame-content.

so.. they are listening to the community and now the other part of the community (the one that gets their news from the mad magazine or something :> ) is now acting like blizzard is commiting some kind of unholy act.
    in the end, they are still not selling power for real life money, and thus they are still keeping their promise.

at least now people can choose between shady china-farmers and legit blizzard, if they are looking for a shortcut to lvl 90.

of course i am being too rational here so... LUIGI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    I thought this was just another free 90 with purchase thread then I read the part where they will be selling extra 90s...and people in the thread are still defending them. You really dont think this is a little too much...just a wee bit? Just cant admit it, can you?

I just cant wait until Blizz crosses the line full blown and starts selling gear and other things just to read how people will defend them then.
    I'm not defending a feature that costs real money that could just as easily be provided by costing in-game gold. However the cost is most likely going to be trivial and for people that are willing to pay real money for it more power to them as it will not impact my experience in the game. But it is quite a stretch to go from boosted 90 that will either be when WoD launches or at the tail-end of MoP when content is nerfed to oblivion anyway to selling current content gear for real money. If, and this is unlikely in my opinion, Blizzard chooses to make gear available for real money I'll do the only thing I can do and that's to vote with my wallet by not paying for this game anymore and instead opting towards alternative means of entertainment.