Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I got scammed and Blizzard calls me a win-trader

So I was doing arena carries for gold (which is 100% legit, you can do in-game services for gold no matter what it is). The person I was carrying said 100g a win and I said sure. We got a team that was a no-show and I asked him to pay up for the 100g but he refused. We actually won the next game as well, since he didn't pay I left the group and told him to mail me the gold or I'll report him for scamming.

Fast forward to today, Blizzard replies with "Please use caution when you agree to provide a service for gold before receiving payment especially when it is something that is a violation of our terms of use such as win trading. Keep in mind that win trading can get your account actioned as it is a violation of our terms of use."

So basically I'm now considered a win-trader because a team in a 2v2 game didn't show up? This is not win-trading. I was scammed 200g and left in the dust. I don't really care about the 200g, its the principle. Who is in the wrong here? Judging by this response it seems like anybody can scam for gold and there's nothing Blizzard will do about it.

Offers boosts in competetive rated PvP meta game.

Compains about principles.

Mind blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

Mind blown.
    Agree. Not sure what the OP expected to happen. Boosts for gold might not be against the rules but blizzard has made it clear they don't like it.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

Mind blown.
    It is only against the rules to do it for real-money, also it isn't a boost. Thanks for your constructive post.

but you said yourself you wanted him per win to trade you 100G... sounds like a win/trade
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Really the first one you shouldn't be asking for the gold you did nothing to win the match. The other team didn't show up I wouldn't pay you for services if you did nothing. The second time when you beat the other team he should have paid you but again the first match you should expect no payment for services not given.

Are you sure it's not about the 200g? 'cause I could probably get you 200g if it'll make you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Agree. Not sure what the OP expected to happen. Boosts for gold might not be against the rules but blizzard has made it clear they don't like it.
    if they truly don't like it they fixed the stupid match making system in the first place.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't you pay the guy 100g for the win? Like it was still technically a win even if the opposing team didn't enter the arena.

Are you not a man of your word?
    Hi

How is it any different than paying for someone to craft you an item, or any kind of service? Thats right... there is none.

10+ Year Old Account
    But you are a win trader, you're offering arena wins for gold (trading wins for gold). Honestly, if Blizz says you're a win trader, you probably are, they know their game well. But I see people doing this shit all the time and they don't get flagged by Blizz. Next time, don't go to Blizz. After all, it's only 200g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, this sort of scam happens extremely often. Blizzard rarely seems to care, if ever. Though I'm not sure why they would call you a win trader, just based on what you've told us so far.

It seems almost every day I log in, SOMEONE is badmouthing another player for scamming like this. They get the wins they need, then don't pay up. I seriously don't understand why the negative rep to your name is worth scamming someone, but oh well. It'll get you put on a lot of ignore lists, and completely ruin your chances of ever getting something out of the community again. And it makes you a complete and total asshole, to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    How is it any different than paying for someone to craft you an item, or any kind of service? Thats right... there is none.
    There isn't a meta game based on who can craft things "the best"
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    but you said yourself you wanted him per win to trade you 100G... sounds like a win/trade
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Really the first one you shouldn't be asking for the gold you did nothing to win the match. The other team didn't show up I wouldn't pay you for services if you did nothing. The second time when you beat the other team he should have paid you but again the first match you should expect no payment for services not given.
    Since you guys seem confused on this.

A win trade is when people lose a match on purpose to give another person rating(like leaving before the match starts just like their opponents did), not when you trade gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Crennox View Post
    But you are a win trader, you're offering arena wins for gold (trading wins for gold). Honestly, if Blizz says you're a win trader, you probably are, they know their game well. But I see people doing this shit all the time and they don't get flagged by Blizz. Next time, don't go to Blizz. After all, it's only 200g.
    If you have no idea what win-trading is, please don't guess it just doesn't look good on your part. Win-trading is where two teams trade wins to boost their rating, not trading wins for gold...

Also I seriously disagree about Blizzard knowing their game, they know nothing, prime example of them calling me a win trader. Ask any top PvP'er, Blizzard doesn't know their own game.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't gaining any rating though and such and there's nothing involved competition wise. So really, you shouldn't
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Because arena is meant to be a even matched competitive environment. You joining lower geared and skilled ranks ruins it for others. Has nothing to do with the gold being traded.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Unfortunately, this sort of scam happens extremely often. Blizzard rarely seems to care, if ever. Though I'm not sure why they would call you a win trader, just based on what you've told us so far.

It seems almost every day I log in, SOMEONE is badmouthing another player for scamming like this. They get the wins they need, then don't pay up. I seriously don't understand why the negative rep to your name is worth scamming someone, but oh well. It'll get you put on a lot of ignore lists, and completely ruin your chances of ever getting something out of the community again. And it makes you a complete and total asshole, to boot.
    While sad, I doubt anyone cares about the scam shaming in trade. Especially if on a high pop server.

My best advice is to not participate in such activities even if there's some profit to be had.

Because arena is meant to be a even matched competitive environment. You joining lower geared and skilled ranks ruins it for others. Has nothing to do with the gold being traded.
    This and also its a shame they didn't slap a suspension on you for your troubles WoW doesn't need that mentality; you could argue "Hey I'm just providing a service that people want" So do drug dealers

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations, you got a cookie-cutter ass response from Blizzard.

You're not a win-trader so you don't have anything to worry about. I think you're safe and you'll live without 200g. If you think nobody's ever going to screw you over with the use of the "honor system", you're gonna have a bad time. It's just like people ninja'ing in PUGs. I personally wouldn't pay for a no-show match myself, because you didn't technically do anything, but I wouldn't buy a 2s carry either, so meh.

Don't let some foolishness eat you up.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw