Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Friggin' train Set!

Just did a flex Wing IV (I led it). Now before I go on, if there is one item I hate more than anything in WoW it's that goddamned train set. I really, really wish Blizzard gave us an option to "Disable train set sounds." Anyway before Blackfuse, while setting up marks and discussing belts, someone drops it. I politely ask him not to, with my EXACT words being "Please don't drop that trainset before the boss" to which he responds "lol kk." Fine... we one shot Blackfuse. Next up Paragons: Dude drops it again. "C'mon bro - that's a bit annoying. Save it for the AH, hehe" (those were, again, my exact words). People in the raid agreed commenting "agree" and "^". By this time I realized the train set dropping Mage has godly DPS, so I don't wanna kick him. We one shot Paragons. Next up Garrosh, he drops it again. I say nothing, we get markers and groups set up pull Garrosh and one shot him, but not before I /kick the train set Mage with Garrosh at under 2%.

He whispers me. "That's messed up" but is it really community? Was I wrong? His goal was to merely annoy. I hate, hate, hate that damn train set more than any item in the game.

Mod-note:

I have taken my task and freedom to close this thread. There is no need to run a thread about one subject which turns into a flaming of a user, this is not what one would see as a constructive discussion.

- Gehco
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-18 at 12:49 PM.

I'll lay my train set in the AH in your honor.

Deleted
    Wasn't there item that destroys that train set?

Unless you've changed the keybind, a quick control-S will mute all in-game sounds. Bam, no more /train going off around you and you didn't even have to yell at anyone.

I'll never understand why people bitch about something that is so easy to temporarily disable.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesnt warrant kicking him as the boss dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    best item in the game

But yeah, i agree with you. Well deserved kick

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Unless you've changed the keybind, a quick control-S will mute all in-game sounds. Bam, no more /train going off around you and you didn't even have to yell at anyone.

I'll never understand why people bitch about something that is so easy to temporarily disable.

That's not the issue.

The guy was repeatedly asked to not do it and he kept at it, knowing it annoyed people. He was intentionally being obnoxious and he suffered the penalty for it.

Muting the game doesn't solve anything; its just avoiding the issue. People need to learn that just because they are playing an online game they do NOT have free reign to be as obnoxious as they want and expect people to put up with it.

lil XT, no inventory slot train wrecker.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should have kicked him before the boss if you had an issue. What you did reeks of douche bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post

My sincere apologies, but did you honestly not read what I wrote, or was I just not clear? Seems you missed it my my original post, but I never "yelled" at him, quite the contrary, in fact. I nicely asked him to not drop it, and it seems to have been bothering other people as well because on Paragons they agreed with me. Either way, why should I have to take measures to prevent what I, the raid leader, NICELY asked someone not to do? Why should I have to mute my entire game for a troll? Hopefully now you can understand why someone would "bitch" about such a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Wasn't there item that destroys that train set?
    Yeah, the free one has a 30 min CD. You can get a CD free one from the store.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    You should have kicked him before the boss if you had an issue. What you did reeks of douche bag.

Yeah, but he had excellent DPS, which is why he was probably doing it anyways. He thought he was above being kicked, no doubt. "I am pulling over 300k, he'll never kick me, so I can be annoying." Well, then, so can I. Thanks for the DPS. Maybe next time he'll think about it before he trolls another raid in such a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    If im not mistaken, the game wont allow you to kick someone during combat in LFR?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MW4Life View Post
    Just did a flex Wing IV (I led it). Now before I go on, if there is one item I hate more than anything in WoW it's that goddamned train set. I really, really wish Blizzard gave us an option to "Disable train set sounds." Anyway before Blackfuse, while setting up marks and discussing belts, someone drops it. I politely ask him not to, with my EXACT words being "Please don't drop that trainset before the boss" to which he responds "lol kk." Fine... we one shot Blackfuse. Next up Paragons: Dude drops it again. "C'mon bro - that's a bit annoying. Save it for the AH, hehe" (those were, again, my exact words). People in the raid agreed commenting "agree" and "^". By this time I realized the train set dropping Mage has godly DPS, so I don't wanna kick him. We one shot Paragons. Next up Garrosh, he drops it again. I say nothing, we get markers and groups set up pull Garrosh and one shot him, but not before I /kick the train set Mage with Garrosh at under 2%.

He whispers me. "That's messed up" but is it really community? Was I wrong? His goal was to merely annoy. I hate, hate, hate that damn train set more than any item in the game.
    I love it when smug assholes get what's coming to them. He was counting on the fact that you wouldn't kick him because of his dps numbers, so he had a free hand to act like a clown and annoy people. Is it "messed up" that you kicked him? Nah, i don't think so. He's learned a lesson, and in a game, not irl where the consequences may have been bigger, such as loss of social capital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    lil XT, no inventory slot train wrecker.
    This. Just having Lil' XT or Landro's XT out will have him stomp out the train set every time. Easily the best $10 I ever spent.

Also whenever you see/hear someone pull out the train set you can just CTRL+S and ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    If im not mistaken, the game wont allow you to kick someone during combat in LFR?
    Guys, my apologies, but this reminds me of Belloc on post #4. Do you guys really not read posts before responding? Maybe with respect to this miscommunication the problem is with me, so I ask is my writing not clear? Am I being too complex? Am I writing purple prose?

lukyl, please look at the original post. Tell me, what does the VERY first sentence say?

Flex is some pretty serious stuff... Seriously, what you did is some grade A douchebaggery. Yeah, you asked the guy not to but if its really that annoying then ctrl-s. Honestly, the way you responded makes you just as bad if not worse than that guy. If you want to take the role of a leader then show some maturity and some restraint instead of sinking to the level of kicking the guy right before the boss dies out of pure spite. That puts you lower than a troll, that puts you at the level of a total scumbag.

Why you even came here to post this is beyond me, it honestly sounds like you have a power complex and just want to flaunt what you did. Couldn't control a guy putting a train set down? You take it into your own hands and "teach him a lesson" by punting him at 2%. That shows no class on your part and literally makes you the lesser man in that situation, especially when you are suppose to be the leader of the group and by that position the shining example.

If you can not overcome your own petty childishness and have to resort to underhanded tactics and then bragging about them you have no place in a leadership role. /endtopic
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    This. Just having Lil' XT or Landro's XT out will have him stomp out the train set every time. Easily the best $10 I ever spent.

Also whenever you see/hear someone pull out the train set you can just CTRL+S and ignore it.
    I have always been so reluctant to use the store because I don;t like microtransactions in a game where I 1) pay for the serial and 2) pay a sub. Feel like they are triple dipping. But, I swear, Lil' XT may well be worth it.

Kinda smart on Blizzard's part. Put something extremely annoying in the game, then sell an effective remedy for $10. Sure the wrecker from Dalaran works, but the CD is long. Well played, Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    Flex is some pretty serious stuff... Seriously, what you did is some grade A douchebaggery. Yeah, you asked the guy not to but if its really that annoying then ctrl-s. Honestly, the way you responded makes you just as bad if not worse than that guy. If you want to take the role of a leader then show some maturity and some restraint instead of sinking to the level of kicking the guy right before the boss dies out of pure spite. That puts you lower than a troll, that puts you at the level of a total scumbag.

Why you even came here to post this is beyond me, it honestly sounds like you have a power complex and just want to flaunt what you did. Couldn't control a guy putting a train set down? You take it into your own hands and "teach him a lesson" by punting him at 2%. That shows no class on your part and literally makes you the lesser man in that situation, especially when you are suppose to be the leader of the group and by that position the shining example.

If you can not overcome your own petty childishness and have to resort to underhanded tactics and then bragging about them you have no place in a leadership role. /endtopic
    This. OP has issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Well-deserved kick. Perhaps now he'll think twice before doing it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was messed up. You should have kicked him before the pull.