Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    about release, I heavily doubt it will be in Jun/July - noone is that stupid to release something that big when everyone is at vacation or outside somewhere... my predictions are Sep/Oct TOP.

and about instant 90- drama queen's!
    why don't you whine about instant 80s now when 90 is top lvl? -.-'
    speaking of my self, I have 9x 90s, 1 rogue 87 and so far, never played monk... tbh the only reason why I didn't create monk is that I WAS CBA TO LVL GOD KNOWS WHAT TIME THROUGH VANILLA, TBC, WOTLK, CATA (spec last 2 lvl's before all exp switches, 56-58, 66-68, 78-80, 84....)

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    First off, if your daughters are so young you should probably realize that this game is not intended for anyone younger than 12.
    Of course it's not intended for younger players but that doesn't mean that they can't enjoy aspects of the game with moderation. Exploring, pet battles, pets, mounts, clothes.

Secondly, if they're as young as you claim, I sincerely doubt they care that much about endgame. Are you sure you're not projecting your own vision on this game on them? I know my friends and I would have been perfectly happy to be exploring azeroth as a kid.
    They care nothing about end game or PVP. They care about the things I listed above. They are happy to explore but you try and explore with a level 10-15 character. Maybe I should just let them join dungeons as tank or healer and piss off the other players because that will certainly impact the other people.

Thirdly, not wanting to intrude on your sense of parenting, but why are you playing THEIR game, do you really think that this is any kind of good development for your children that their dad fixes all their things including playing their game for them?
    and don't make them feel like they suck accidentally by not letting them get their own flying, or at least, get it together with them.
    I am not playing their game for them. They will just as happily not play it and go and play sims or infinity if they can't do the things that they think are fun. The game has a lot of different aspects that appeal to different people. Please tell me how letting people buy a max level character will impact others? People can already buy accounts. While it's not legal, it certainly happens and I would far prefer a person who bought a max level will no gear than someone who gets into LFD with a bought or boosted characater and has no clue what to do. At least someone who has managed to get the iLevel to get into a dungeon has a limited ability. I already hate leveling in WOW after having done the same areas so many times. Please don't come with 3 days to get to max level. I have spent close on a month to get to 85 recently. Thats on a new account with guild boosts and the guild heirlooms after coming back to the game after a break. I will now take my time a bit to look at the new content but up until now, it has been stuff I have done hundreds of times before.

What a lot of people fail to understand is that different people play the game for different aspects of it. Why should a person who only wants to PVP have to grind their way to 90 to enjoy it competitively?

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    why dont we sell actual gear? or raid consumables? I have money and I should get what I want!

this is the logic so many people are using, and it's silly. think as a consumer, not a corporation.
    Buying a level 90 doesn't ruin the end game (pve or pvp) like buying gear would

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    This is just false. For almost every class, you learn nothing about your class leveling from 1-85. If I started a new rogue ( probably my least familiar class), I would either level by questing 1-85 with 2 heirloom daggers and killing every mob in 2 seconds with mutilate. Or i would drag along an heirloomed tank and run through dungeons spamming fan of knives. What have I learned about playing a rogue?

Blizzard said with every toon you boost to 90 there will be a set of quests to teach you to play that toon/class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwine View Post
    Blizzard said with every toon you boost to 90 there will be a set of quests to teach you to play that toon/class.
    I don't think they said there will be specific quests to teach you how to play that class, only that you'll gain abilties over the course of the WoD introductory experience, which is the same for everyone. You'll only get those abilities slowly over time, so as to not overwhelm you with it.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2014-01-18 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    STOP WHINING. You are NOT a special snowflake. Anybody can do what you're doing if they're dumb enough to throw that much time at a useless goal. Anybody, let me say again, ANYBODY who plays the game, can do this. It takes zero skill, just a ridiculous amount of time.

The amount of people complaining here about this is ridiculous. So they make some more money out of it by giving players a noticeable convenience. THEY'RE A BUSINESS, BUSINESSES EXIST TO MAKE MONEY. Get over it. Their goal here is to hopefully gain back the players who have since quit the game, and also to bring new players to an already aged game.

Please stop the I R SPESHUL SNOWFLAK complaints.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me how you buying and playing a level 90 class that you don't know how to play, in an expansion where the level cap is 100, would ruin anyone's day but your own? If you group in a dungeon and suck at it, people will either A) try and teach you what to do, or B) kick you and move on. It's that simple.

Play the class/role more, practice it more, and you'll figure it out.

I wonder how many more hoops you will jump through to secure your fandom. It is amazing that supposed WoW fans are now supporting this type of cash shop behavior by Blizzard. Then again, it simply illustrates how far the mighty WoW has fallen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    So it will be release June or July hmmm
    Doubt it. Summer vacations are really bad for wow. My guess is september. They didnt had much to show for on blizzcon. I'm afraid the beta is still a couple of months away. Oh, yes wow is a game but behind it is a big company with shareholders whos #1 priority is to make money... Get over it. If i go working for a hour i make 25 euro's. So i rather pay 25 euro's for a 90 then spend 10 hours on it. And if you only do LFR in wow... It's not that people know their class there. Feels mostly like they all allready bought there 90 so nothing will change there :P

For all the people who replied to my post in a negative way... I'm not a troll, I'm not stroking my epeen, and I'm not trying to be a special snow flake.

I'm just stating a fact...and the fact is someone new to the game can have what had taken me thousands of hours to accomplish just buy giving Blizzard their credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    I wonder how many more hoops you will jump through to secure your fandom. It is amazing that supposed WoW fans are now supporting this type of cash shop behavior by Blizzard. Then again, it simply illustrates how far the mighty WoW has fallen.
    Actually his post makes perfect sense and doesn't reek of fanboyism it reeks of common sense, something I think a lot of mmo champ posters lack. Understanding companies = want to make money, thus they provide options to make more money while not really affecting the core game.

The special snowflakes in This thread are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonkaine View Post
    For all the people who replied to my post in a negative way... I'm not a troll, I'm not stroking my epeen, and I'm not trying to be a special snow flake.

I'm just stating a fact...and the fact is someone new to the game can have what had taken me thousands of hours to accomplish just buy giving Blizzard their credit card.
    Sadly, one of the dangers of SSS (Special Snowflake Syndrome) is that those who suffer from it rarly know they have it. You said you're not trying to be a special snowflake, yet that's exactly what you come across as with the above quote. What do you believe you're entitled to with your accomplishment that will be lost when people are able to purchase the ability to skip five gates of useless, nerfed, and tedious content? Have you thought of anyone other than yourself when considering who would want to use this feature and why? I can tell you right now, not many will be buying 90s to "usurp" you from your "throne". You don't need to worry. Just focus on getting those 16 useless 90s to 100 when the expansion goes live.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2014-01-18 at 03:21 PM.

People seem to forget....this will not be the first game which allows you to purchase an XX level character....EQ2 lets you buy level 85 characters....do your research people.

(Sorry if this was already said. I wasn't going to go through 12 pages to find it)

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Sadly, one of the dangers of SSS (Special Snowflake Syndrome) is that those who suffer from it rarly know they have it. You said you're not trying to be a special snowflake, yet that's exactly what you come across as with the above quote. What do you believe you're entitled to with your accomplishment that will be lost when people are able to purchase the ability to skip five gates of useless, nerfed, and tedious content? Have you thought of anyone other than yourself when considering who would want to use this feature and why? I can tell you right now, not many will be buying 90s to "usurp" you from your "throne". You don't need to worry. Just focus on getting those 16 useless 90s to 100 when the expansion goes live.
    LoL yeah cause having a lot of toons puts me on a throne. Your ridiculous. Dude if everyone had your outlook on WoW the game would go under in a day. If i'm a snowflake than what is the term for someone with your outlook on the game. Someone who thinks everyone should be given every type of previous accomplishment with each new expansion. I'm sure in your opinion when WoD everyone should be given all the achivements, unlock all the content and zones, give access to all the hard to obtain gear, and why not throw in free or cheap level 90 characters because as you say... if it's from five gates of useless, nerfed and tedious content than everyone should have it right?

Your obviously someone who hasn't worked for anything in his life. Trust fund baby much?

This is seriously a slippery slope Blizzard is on. I also find it funny how incredibly hypocritical the way Blizzard has been pandering their store services. When wow first launched, Blizzard was completely against the idea of purchasable mounts/gear/leveling, they even went so far as to ban people who paid for those third party services. I know technically it's different from Blizzard's option, but the end result is the same. And now, it's ok?

But then again, I can't say I'm surprised at all. Blizzard is a business after all with a bottom line. They're only going to be losing subscribers with the years to come so this is a great way for them to recoup their losses. Eventually when Blizzard's making more money with their virtual store than subscribers, there is the possibility that wow will go completely free to play. You can only level up once a day, but you can pay to get max level right away. You have to be a "premium" member to access raids/endgame content, only after spending real money on welfare epics so you can at least have a chance in the raids. All the while everyone in said raids telling you how much you suck and telling you to get better gear and stop being a scrub. I'm calling it now.

I don't see, the logic in all the bitching about this and that. Without the casuals and the 'leetsauce raiders' there wouldn't be a playerbase. There's a good amount of collecting and exploring to do for the casuals or those who like that sort of thing. There's enough raids to do for the hardcore players, well at least on the first month or two after a new raid is released. You keep dragging it down calling names and pissing in the wind, don't complain when everything tastes like piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Talonkaine View Post
    LoL yeah cause having a lot of toons puts me on a throne. Your ridiculous. Dude if everyone had your outlook on WoW the game would go under in a day. If i'm a snowflake than what is the term for someone with your outlook on the game. Someone who thinks everyone should be given every type of previous accomplishment with each new expansion. I'm sure in your opinion when WoD everyone should be given all the achivements, unlock all the content and zones, give access to all the hard to obtain gear, and why not throw in free or cheap level 90 characters because as you say... if it's from five gates of useless, nerfed and tedious content than everyone should have it right?

Your obviously someone who hasn't worked for anything in his life. Trust fund baby much?
    I didn't put you on any throne you didn't put yourself on first. Like I said, those with SSS tend not to know they have it, so this response was totally expected, and typical. Putting words I didn't say in my mouth, making assumptions based on that, etc.

It's sad that you're so sure that's my opinion of what WoD should be like, because you're quite wrong. Frankly, I don't really care much about pre-current leveling/raiding content. The way Blizzard places more emphasis on current content than old content (which isn't a bad thing), it'd be nearly impossible to pull value from that old content, so why try? Just because I don't really care about old content doesn't mean that I think everyone should get everything that's ever been old. That's childish logic you're using.

And finally, you resort to an attempt at personal insults, because you're so keen on who I am, apparently. If you're trying to prove you don't have Special Snowflake Syndrome, you're not doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I didn't put you on any throne you didn't put yourself on first. Like I said, those with SSS tend not to know they have it, so this response was totally expected, and typical. Putting words I didn't say in my mouth, making assumptions based on that, etc.

It's sad that you're so sure that's my opinion of what WoD should be like, because you're quite wrong. Frankly, I don't really care much about pre-current leveling/raiding content. The way Blizzard places more emphasis on current content than old content (which isn't a bad thing), it'd be nearly impossible to pull value from that old content, so why try? Just because I don't really care about old content doesn't mean that I think everyone should get everything that's ever been old. That's childish logic you're using.

And finally, you resort to an attempt at personal insults, because you're so keen on who I am, apparently. If you're trying to prove you don't have Special Snowflake Syndrome, you're not doing a good job.
    This actually made me LoL. I could say so much, but it's just not worth it talking to someone like yourself on the forums. I'll be the mature one and let you have the last word so you can sleep well tonight.

Deleted
    It's funny to see to what lengths the Blizzdrones will go to excuse the inexcusable.
    I'm actually disappointed by Blizzard, they could rip so much more money from these fools, they're just not efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    It's funny to see to what lengths the Blizzdrones will go to excuse the inexcusable.
    I'm actually disappointed by Blizzard, they could rip so much more money from these fools, they're just not efficient.
    It's even funnier to see substanceless posts like this try to respond to people who explain their positions by not responding at all and just dropping a couple of meaningless insults. Because nothing is funnier than irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Adema1080 View Post
    Also people will easily learn their class from 90-100. It doesn't take long to learn class basics
    I don't agree. I helped someone get started that is not used to mmo's and it definitely is not easy for them. 10 levels will not be enough for them to learn the game.

Was that supposed to be a witty comeback? I laughed a little, then just felt bad.