Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

I think this paints a pretty good portrait of the level of quality we'll see of how they'll update individual facial features, they've made it pretty clear that they don't want you to look completely different when you log in, if you had the metal jaw (which I totally didn't know was supposed to be metal before now), when you log in to your undead you'll have a nicer looking metal jaw. If the facial features follow this trend, then we're going to at the minimum see all the old faces for every race, even the ugly old man Illidan snarly face for night elves, updated to match 6.0 standards. If we're lucky we might see new faces too, and I have high hopes for new skin colors and hair cuts.
    I didn't know it was supposed to be metal either, i thought it was just super rotted out. This makes all warrior gear with an exposed chin a million times more awesome.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    I didn't know it was supposed to be metal either, i thought it was just super rotted out. This makes all warrior gear with an exposed chin a million times more awesome.
    This. My mind just got blown for not knowing this was metal.. and I have played around with Undead since 2004...

~Spazzer

I like how their eyes are yellow instead of being glowing orbs of yellow, do you think Night Elves and Blood Elves will also have coloured eyeball orbs?
    You just lost The Game

I like how their eyes are yellow instead of being glowing orbs of yellow, do you think Night Elves and Blood Elves will also have coloured eyeball orbs?
    Blood elves already have glowing eyes without orbs. I'm hoping Night Elves lose the orbs for actual eyes as well, their narrow sinister eyes which exist fully rendered under the orbs give them a lot of their savage and enigmatic tone, the glowing floating orbs create a kind of furby effect when they eyes look like big vacant amber stuffed animal eyes sort of. I love to zoom in on my night elf to see his eyes without the orbs floating there.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Well it should be something along how its done here on Draenei:
    http://ybourykina.deviantart.com/art...rkah-377361031

That's okay, not sure what's so different about that from the in game draenei and blood elves and deathknights already. Night Elves are the only one with floating orbs, forsaken have orbs inside their vacant skull sockets.

Night elf males have the orbs.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they go back to this for the blood elves' eyes. Or at least provide it as an option:

Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

They have got to include visible irises with the new models for races with glowing eyes like Draenei and Belfs.
    Last edited by Alteiry; 2014-01-18 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Missed two words

10+ Year Old Account
    They already have for blood elves, but I'd like the option of a very strong glow, that conceals it.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

night elves i could see but blood elves have actual fire for eyes so it would look weird (interested to see how it looks with the fel fire)

i know its like 0% likely to happen but since they are updating high elves as well i think it would be cool if high elf npcs had more than just blue eyes since in lore they have a wide variety of eye colours (purple, red, green, gold, silver ect)

or maybe they could give that to the night elves, customized eye glow. would make sense with the highbourne returning
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    That's from the WRPG. I wouldn't take it seriously, as Blizzard has changed their minds quite a few times since that came out and none of the current art or lore has retained it. At best, it refers to the colour beneath the arcane glow of the High elves' eyes. It's just vanilla D&D fluff and not worth taking into account. The blue eyes are arcane energies, just like the green ones on Blood elves are fel and the yellow ones on Night elves are druidic.

I would like an arcane glow for the Highborne, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    That's from the WRPG. I wouldn't take it seriously, as Blizzard has changed their minds quite a few times since that came out and none of the current art or lore has retained it. At best, it refers to the colour beneath the arcane glow of the High elves' eyes. It's just vanilla D&D fluff and not worth taking into account. The blue eyes are arcane energies, just like the green ones on Blood elves are fel and the yellow ones on Night elves are druidic.

I would like an arcane glow for the Highborne, however.
    the night elves eye glow doesnt has to do with druidism. its also from the arcane due to the well of eternity.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Blood elves already have glowing eyes without orbs. I'm hoping Night Elves lose the orbs for actual eyes as well, their narrow sinister eyes which exist fully rendered under the orbs give them a lot of their savage and enigmatic tone...
    I don't think I've ever seen/noticed this before. Could you provide a screen?

Similarly, check out the Night Elf in this design.

Her eyes are regular eyes, with a faint glow to them, but in game they just have floaty glowy balls in front of where their eyes should be.

I'm hoping with the update their eyes will be properly "in" their eye sockets so to speak, like Azshara's and Malfurions model.

You just lost The Game

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Well it should be something along how its done here on Draenei:
    http://ybourykina.deviantart.com/art...rkah-377361031
    I like that one a lot, but there's not much to go on visually aside from the upper torso/shoulders and face.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the night elves eye glow doesnt has to do with druidism. its also from the arcane due to the well of eternity.
    NE's gold eyes have nothing to do with WoE and arcane. Gold eyes are the sign of great destiny or inherent druidic potential. There's no official lore on why NEs have glowing eyes.

I suspect that unlike human, their eyes glow in night time like cat eye. It would explain why they could see clearly in dark place. No proof though.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-01-18 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    NE's gold eyes have nothing to do with WoE and arcane. Gold eyes are the sign of great destiny or inherent druidic potential. There's no official lore on why NEs have glowing eyes.

I suspect that unlike human, their eyes glow in night time like cat eye. It would explain why they could see clearly in dark place. No proof though.
    the well of eternity evolved the dark trolls into night elves.

glowing eyes is a sign of some sort of magical infusion, the well of eternity was a giant pool filled with magic that the night elves lived next to for thousands and thousands of years.

the great destiny stuff is just a bunch of mythology legend babble

10+ Year Old Account

Never knew those undead had these iron Deathwing-like jaws. I always thought they were some sort of messed up or rotten beard, or burnt skin. :/
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I got bored so here is a Worgen based on some art I thought was cool

You just lost The Game

I got bored so here is a Worgen based on some art I thought was cool

Sup thar, Illiworg?

Not bad looking, but the colorations do not quite match up. This makes it look like he's wearing one of those inflatable 'muscle-suits'. (not sure what they're called, but they're silly)

Also, perhaps he is a bit -too- bulky when it comes to the torso. A non-hunching worgen does look good, though.