Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will the legendary cloak quest still be available in WoD?

I kind of doubt it, but I hope it is. I recently ubsubbed, because I've finished SoO on LFR and since I'm not part of a raiding guild, there's not much else for me to do except mess around on Timeless Isle which isn't holding my attention. I do want to finish the legendary quest, but it's not enough for me to pay $15 and I'm really stuck on one part anyway.

What do you think? Will it still be completable once WoD comes out?

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see why it wouldnt? it will be pretty much useless at level 100 anyhow

Deleted
    Pretty sure it is. As far as I know, pretty much all earlier legendaries are still obtainable, atleast since TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you can find people to do the raids with, yes. I dare say people will still want the raids for the pets and mounts, might take a little more effort getting groups, but the runs will also be quicker.

Deleted
    no legendary except for Atiesh has ever been removed and Atieh has only been removed because they revamped Naxx, so I see no reason why they would take away the cloak, the raid instances will all stay for sure.

I'd assume so, it will just take a hell of a lot longer with no LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    As long as you can find people to do the raids with, yes. I dare say people will still want the raids for the pets and mounts, might take a little more effort getting groups, but the runs will also be quicker.
    I forgot about raids. I'm on this step: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32593/the-thunder-forge

Are there any quests that require raids after that?

10+ Year Old Account
    12 Titans Runestones, last 6 bosses of ToT and first 8 of SoO. Then Heart of the Thunder King (off lei shen). Takes about 3 week to complete currently, so 3-4 week of runs next expansion if you get pugs that can clear every boss you need. Sha of Pride and Lei Shen are 100% drop for the Runestones so 6 week tops for those. You can get his heart even after already having killed him that week (via LFR), not next expansion though.

Edit: Oh, you also need to kill all 4 celestials too for the last stage of the quest, depending on class, might be a pain in the arse to do, and as no mounts drop from them, little incentive for people to do them next expansion, so you may need to grab a friend or two. Dunno how awkward they'll be next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    12 Titans Runestones, last 6 bosses of ToT and first 8 of SoO. Then Heart of the Thunder King (off lei shen). Takes about 3 week to complete currently, so 3-4 week of runs next expansion if you get pugs that can clear every boss you need. Sha of Pride and Lei Shen are 100% drop for the Runestones so 6 week tops for those. You can get his heart even after already having killed him that week (via LFR), not next expansion though.

Edit: Oh, you also need to kill all 4 celestials too for the last stage of the quest, depending on class, might be a pain in the arse to do, and as no mounts drop from them, little incentive for people to do them next expansion, so you may need to grab a friend or two. Dunno how awkward they'll be next expansion.
    Well, damn. I'm actually considering resubbing now, but I would need to get it all done in a month because I don't really want to pay for two. Not sure if that's doable. I've never finished a legendary quest. I did a little over half of the scepter quest when it was still available in BC, but didn't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I assume people will be able to solo MoP raids. Seeing is how it's already possible now... It'll be much easier at 100.
    But getting a group would still be more bang for your buck. You can solo Firelands bosses but it would be much faster to trade alt runs with people to get the legendary there in like groups of 3.

We'll be soloing MoP raids before long. If not all of them during WoD then certainly the expansion after.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    Well, damn. I'm actually considering resubbing now, but I would need to get it all done in a month because I don't really want to pay for two. Not sure if that's doable. I've never finished a legendary quest. I did a little over half of the scepter quest when it was still available in BC, but didn't finish.
    Just out of curiosity and totally off topic - how far did you get in the Sceptre quest chain.

I nearly finished it on an alt but they released NEW Onyxia and he could never get Draconic for Dummies Chapter II (I think it was II she had)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyina View Post
    I've finished SoO on LFR
    If you enjoy raiding and want something a little more challenging, try doing some Flex runs. I moved up to Flex after LFR and it's much more enjoyable in my opinion. It's enough to hang around for a little longer.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    Hopefully it does stick around. Anyone know if the Warlock green fire quest/scenario will stay around too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I finished the sceptre chain, couldn't get to a realm to open the gates though and I missed the bug where everyone got it >.>

Runestones has taken me 5 week at longest on one of my characters, bad RNG, almost always it's 3 weeks (starting at 0). Once you cap all runestones, everything else can be done in that same day.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just out of curiosity and totally off topic - how far did you get in the Sceptre quest chain.

I nearly finished it on an alt but they released NEW Onyxia and he could never get Draconic for Dummies Chapter II (I think it was II she had)
    Ah, I don't remember exactly. I think I got at least a few of the Draconic for Dummies books.

Looking at http://wowpedia.org/The_Scepter_of_t...ds_quest_chain , I remember a lot of this so I guess I got pretty far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentskyscrapers View Post
    Hopefully it does stick around. Anyone know if the Warlock green fire quest/scenario will stay around too?
    General rule of thumb is: they pretty much never remove anything anymore unless they're revamping something.

I actually have a 60 day pre-paid time card, but I was saving it for WoD. I'm super tempted to just use it now. I have a little less time to play now that I'm back in school, but I want to finish this thing!

I am really stuck on http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70228/sha-amalgamation though. (Wowhead seems to be broken at the moment.)

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    no legendary except for Atiesh has ever been removed and Atieh has only been removed because they revamped Naxx, so I see no reason why they would take away the cloak, the raid instances will all stay for sure.
    They also removed Talisman of Binding Shard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

You could have ticketed that, I did and was able to complete the questline.