View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If Loot was to be removed from LFR, would you still do it?

Would you?...

Mod-note: After further review of this thread, I think it is best to close it while the time is good. This discussion has come up, like many (and I mean, MANY) before that. In the end, it always leads to some directed hits on users, playerbase or the original poster. I do not find a full reason for a topic like this to exist every month in a new flavour and color. You are getting a nice padlock on this topic, and take it as it is.

If you wish to unlock this, then you are welcome to contact a mod.

- Gehco
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-01-23 at 10:55 AM.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

I don't do it as it is.

Although I don't think this will end well.

This thread will go places I suggest adding a poll. Just try and make it a decent unbiased one. I'd suggest "Yes" "No" and leave it at that. If you want more usable info, maybe

"Yes and I do atm"
    "Yes but I don't atm"
    "No and I do atm"
    "No but I don't atm"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This thread will go places I suggest adding a poll. Just try and make it a decent unbiased one. I'd suggest "Yes" "No" and leave it at that. If you want more usable info, maybe

"Yes and I do atm"
    "Yes but I don't atm"
    "No and I do atm"
    "No but I don't atm"
    Will do sir !

Seems like i cant EDIT the pool once its been made.. Shame on me for rushing..
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

I don't run it as it is. I have 9 alts I still need to get in LFR gear, but I just can't bear it. So no, I would not run it if it did not drop loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, since the only reason I do it is to gear alts.

What could possibly be the advantage of removing the gear? It's end game for tons of players, and part of end game is character progression through gear progression.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

No. Will see the raid in time on normal and heroic so an easier difficulty that doesn't even award anything for the time and stress you put into it would be entirely useless. Even with loot I'm only using LFR a few time per alt to get some basic gear and that's about it.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Would you raid Normal if you didn't need the gear for heroic?

Why do people find it so difficult to understand that gear is, in itself, content? A large part of the point of LFR is to aid in gearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. It's all I really have time for anymore, so I use it to gear up my guys for soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't run it anymore. Takes too long. I have 10 alts and working on another and the way I gear them is I go to timeless isle and do Dailies and find boxes around with gear in them. That's good enough for me till new expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for another "I am above LFR so Blizzard needs to change it so I won't have to do it" thread.

The person who voted yes must have been trolling.

There would be zero reason to d LFR otherwise. The experience? Watered down boss mechanics with people who have little idea what to do or how to play their classes? Not much of an experience. I only do LFR to help get me some half-decent gear for the start of a raiding tier, though this is less necessary now with flex. Also transmog as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Monarken View Post
    Would you?...
    No. LFR is endgame for me and I enjoy it. I can get in and get out. I don't care to do the guild thing anymore because while there was good moments there was also moments that was a pain in the ass and I don't want to relive those moments.

LFR helps me gear up to solo old content and that is something I really enjoy. Before I get asked about the gear color yes changing LFR from epic to blue would annoy me because Raiding in all forms is endgame and all endgame content has epics. It would feel like a slap in the face to me from blizzard just so they could please the 0.1% who still want to feel special.

To sum it up and I think I can speak for some. If you remove My/Our character progression we will remove our sub.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I only do it once on my main already just to get the thingy down in the armory all green.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only do it for the legendary quest on alts. So if it didn't drop that stuff anymore then I wouldn't do it. I think LFR has actually prevented me from gearing as many characters as usual this expansion, I just can't be asked to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell fucking no. I hate all of you! RRAWRRR!!!

No seriously, the reason it exists in the first place was never experience but a way of getting gear "up to date" without making 3-4 dungeons every content patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already stopped doing LFR, even when some of the loot in there was an upgrade. I haven't been in LFR since I got my last Titan Runestone during ToT. I considered going in when SoO LFR came out, but I eventually decided that not even 4set tier bonus is worth doing LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No. LFR is endgame for me and I enjoy it. I can get in and get out. I don't care to do the guild thing anymore because while there was good moments there was also moments that was a pain in the ass and I don't want to relive those moments.

LFR helps me gear up to solo old content and that is something I really enjoy. Before I get asked about the gear color yes changing LFR from epic to blue would annoy me because Raiding in all forms is endgame and all endgame content has epics. It would feel like a slap in the face to me from blizzard just so they could please the 0.1% who still want to feel special.

To sum it up and I think I can speak for some. If you remove My/Our character progression we will remove our sub.
    Pretty much on the same train here.