Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Pretty sure you can deal with that.
    How? He casts it 6-8 times per phase on either 25-man mode, which means that there is no window of time between the expiration of the healing debuff and the next Decimating Strike. DRW + Lichborne + IBF can get you through a single phase, but you're essentially doomed if he goes into a Decimating phase 45 seconds later, because you'll have no way to heal yourself.

It seems impossible without the use of Imprinted.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2014-01-18 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    How? He casts it 6-8 times per phase on either 25-man mode, which means that there is no window of time between the expiration of the healing debuff and the next Decimating Strike. DRW + Lichborne + IBF can get you through a single phase, but you're essentially doomed if he goes into a Decimating phase 45 seconds later, because you'll have no way to heal yourself.

It seems impossible without the use of Imprinted.
    Save Dancing Rune Weapon, pray for a parry. Problem solved.

EDIT: You can also rocket boots outrange one of the hits if you're an engineer I think.

Enough theory, someone who loves rng parties should try it ._.
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Is there a difference between Goblin and Gnomish Engineering, solo-wise? Is one better than the other?

You won't even get through a decimation blade phase on baleroc 25, IBF doesn't reduce decimation blade damage, the 90% healing debuff lasts 4 seconds, and he casts blades every 2 sec for 15 seconds, even if DRW + LB can heal you nonetheless I doubt you can even get past that, you need to kill him before he casts a decimation, which is impossible without imprinted.

Just like the Level 80 Elegon paladin kill
    Nope. Pally used vengence exploit, dk simply took advatage of insane gear scaling.
    but sadly if you're dmg specced, you get shards and while the dmg of them itself is already considerable, the debuff gets you killed instantly on the next shard/blades.
    You can move out of shard's range and deal with their "wipe raid" attack. Ofc now ~15k/sec is not really wipe: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99261
    Although it will be ~40k/sec on hm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salivanth View Post
    Is there a difference between Goblin and Gnomish Engineering, solo-wise? Is one better than the other?
    Both get nitro belt, cardboard assassin and glider which are more or less the main reason engineering is best.

Deleted
    @ Raikh. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vgfspa713s8nw00h/ an attempt I did just now.

WoL says 10N but I had it on heroic :S dunno why.

No clue why I am struggling so hard on this boss.

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntenora/simple

I'll log the Majordomo too when I get to it.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-01-19 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    @ Raikh. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vgfspa713s8nw00h/ an attempt I did just now.

WoL says 10N but I had it on heroic :S dunno why.

No clue why I am struggling so hard on this boss.

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ntenora/simple

I'll log the Majordomo too when I get to it.
    Yeah had the same with normal/heroic identification.

2 things i can see right off the bat, barely any uptime on dots, which is dps wise a sacrilege, second you don't use SR as frequently as you should, if you struggle with berserk you have to use it.
    20% melee also looks kinda weird to me, but would have to check myself if deals that much dmg in the situation, may also come from the missing dots/SR.

Hello,

So I took time to look at the spreadsheet about soloing of Firelands and it said about having about 490ilevel for baleroc, I got about 511 currently on my death knight, however in frost gear (Crit>Mastery>Haste) and I am unable to kill him due to decimation blade. I am aware that the first one will be soaked with AMS, but the second get's me each time, sure I can use death pact, but with the healing reduction debuff I don't get to heal myself up high enough to be able to take another hit in the face.

Any suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    Hello,

So I took time to look at the spreadsheet about soloing of Firelands and it said about having about 490ilevel for baleroc, I got about 511 currently on my death knight, however in frost gear (Crit>Mastery>Haste) and I am unable to kill him due to decimation blade. I am aware that the first one will be soaked with AMS, but the second get's me each time, sure I can use death pact, but with the healing reduction debuff I don't get to heal myself up high enough to be able to take another hit in the face.

Any suggestions?
    There's like a second in between the healing debuff falling off and the next strike hitting, use your heals there. Also time your dancing rune weapon with the decimation blade to dodge a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    There's like a second in between the healing debuff falling off and the next strike hitting, use your heals there. Also time your dancing rune weapon with the decimation blade to dodge a few of them.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks, will keep that in mind when I attempt him later on today, shouldn't be an issue if there is a time where you are able to heal ^^

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks, will keep that in mind when I attempt him later on today, shouldn't be an issue if there is a time where you are able to heal ^^
    Also, using the Lichborne + Dancing Rune Weapon combo allows you to not worry about that small window and simply heal yourself up normally.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2014-01-20 at 03:19 AM.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Also, using the Lichborne + Dancing Rune Weapon allows you to not worry about that small window and simply heal yourself up normally.
    Well that will help out later on as I do not think my dps is enough to get him down in between the second and third weapon, thanks for that too.

Well that will help out later on as I do not think my dps is enough to get him down in between the second and third weapon, thanks for that too.
    If you're curious as to why that works it's because healing provided from the DRW's Death Coil is not considered your own healing so it bypasses personal healing debuffs. It's this same reason why it makes Chimeraon or whatever it's called easier to handle. However it's also why DK's get little DPS benefit from it on the Shredder adds during Siegecrafter.

Deleted
    after 5 trys i managed to kill yogg + 0 25 man as frost with 551 ilvl.

the only tricky part is, to get into the brain room.
    those stupid grabbing tentacles can be a real pain in the ass. so it all really depends on rng.
    once u have a good try and get into the portals, the boss is really easy.

some advice i can give for the fucking grabbing tentacles:

dont use ur dnd / unholy blight / outbreak in P1. save them for the grabbing tentacles.
    maybe take outbreak glyph and of course use ams glyph and Glyph of Festering Blood is must have. if other tentacles are near, try to put some death coils on them to procc RE and gain runes for more blood boils

once u made through the portals, blast everything away, kill the brain with pillar of frost. if you are low on health and have enough time at the brain, just heal yourself with some deathstrikes. (thats what i had to do)

when you are outside, pop Desecrated Ground + army + bloodlust drums + pot and just burst the mofo down

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're curious as to why that works it's because healing provided from the DRW's Death Coil is not considered your own healing so it bypasses personal healing debuffs. It's this same reason why it makes Chimeraon or whatever it's called easier to handle. However it's also why DK's get little DPS benefit from it on the Shredder adds during Siegecrafter.
    Well I was about to question it, but was sure there was a reason it works. Good to know regardless, will be useful to know should I ever try those encounters and well I do SoO every now and then, though flex. Oh well, useful information all together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    Yeah had the same with normal/heroic identification.

2 things i can see right off the bat, barely any uptime on dots, which is dps wise a sacrilege, second you don't use SR as frequently as you should, if you struggle with berserk you have to use it.
    20% melee also looks kinda weird to me, but would have to check myself if deals that much dmg in the situation, may also come from the missing dots/SR.
    Thank you. I'll try again at the wednesday reset using your advice and see if I improve.

I realized I was specced for Plague Leech, That might be why my disease uptime was terrible.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-01-20 at 03:21 PM.

anyone tried soloing H LK 25 recently ? after getting to 12-13% on my attempts the last few weeks I'm getting myself raped by the adds and infest in p1 this week for several times...

I'm 551 blood with 155% mastery and I realy shouldn't die on this fight . most certeinly not in p1

feel like something's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    anyone tried soloing H LK 25 recently ? after getting to 12-13% on my attempts the last few weeks I'm getting myself raped by the adds and infest in p1 this week for several times...

I'm 551 blood with 155% mastery and I realy shouldn't die on this fight . most certeinly not in p1

feel like something's wrong
    You sure you're in Blood Presence? As silly of a mistake as that can be I've had that happen to me too as I couldn't figure out why I was dropping so fast during transitions.