Thread: WoL question

WoL question

We have a new rogue in our raid whose running as assassination and his DPS is pretty sub par even for what shadowcraft is saying he should be doing around. So, looking over WoL to see if there's any glaring mistakes but I have a question.

Does WoL correctly track the rupture debuff for assassination?

On a patchwerk style fight it should be up almost immediately and then maintained for 100% of the fight. For instance on sha of pride WoL is saying that he has all of 66.9% uptime of rupture with no deaths so I'm just checking to make sure that I'm reading this right and he's a tard or perhaps WoL doesn't track the debuff well and he's doing it right.

Also, I haven't touched assassination since ToT came out. What's a good uptime of envenom?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1951&e=2201

10+ Year Old Account
    Rupture should be at least 95%. Everything beneath that is bad.
    Envenom uptime around 70-80% is good.

Also: He should change his Tier1 and Tier4 talent and get rid of that cleave trinket.

You could have just checked other Rogues on that fight to get your answer...

Ya I know what rupture should be I just wanted to double check here to make sure that there wasn't some sort of bug with WoL that caused it to inaccurately report rupture up time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there isn't

Deleted
    WoL is trash when there is any kind of phasing. On Sha of Pride if the logger is sent 'down' to the sha room the log and uptimes in particular can be screwed up (not sure if that is the case, I haven't looked). The same thing goes for buffs which are casted before the engagement of the fights and many other things.

Generally WoL is alright, but logs can be terrible sometimes and its just anomalies. For example you could have someone with consistent 95%+ uptimes and one week they have 12% for no reason.

That's why you should use the log browser in edition to just tracking uptimes in the buff/debuff breakdown. Seeing a buff expire without a corresponding cast is a good sign there is an anomaly somewhere.

Deleted
    Or WarcraftLogs,

soon tm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    That's why you should use the log browser in edition to just tracking uptimes in the buff/debuff breakdown. Seeing a buff expire without a corresponding cast is a good sign there is an anomaly somewhere.
    This is good practice for the serious log-readers; if you want a quick and dirty "is person X missing something obvious?" the better solution is to pick a fight without distance or phasing problems, like Normal Juggernaut, so neither the logger nor the loggee are getting anomalous returns opportunities or information.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3498&e=3772 should be easier to look at. Rupture uptime is low; he's substituting Garrote for it on the opener, and later (it procs VW, but at a longer interval).

As an aside, he also doesn't align his second shadow blades with a vendetta on a fight where he'll only get two and his initial SnD is a bit late, but that's not quite what you were asking.

On a cursory glance he doesn't look too low, there, though, especially for not using potions. Adjust Shadowcraft "options" parameters to actual play?
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-01-19 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflop View Post
    Or WarcraftLogs,

soon tm
    More people are using it day by day which is a good thing. I hope this works out.