Deleted

Idea for low level epics (60-85)

Have them be scaled to your level for like 10 levels. So for 10 levels they work the same way heirlooms do, only stronger. Could throw on an exp boost on them aswell to make them even more appealing.

So tired of seeing every low level with heirlooms these days.

Yes, good idea. Epics would actually feel like epics at low levels.

It's a good idea; however, blizzard would feel it's too much work for outdated content. Moreover, leveling is so quick these days that you could probably get 10 levels for the time it takes to collect the epics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stripesrus View Post
    It's a good idea; however, blizzard would feel it's too much work for outdated content. Moreover, leveling is so quick these days that you could probably get 10 levels for the time it takes to collect the epics.
    So 20 levels? Or maybe even extend it with some resource. Or make some items BOA. Tons of possibilites.

It's way better then just ignoring those items though? It's minimal effort from blizzards part to implement it anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like this idea. I cannot tell you how painful it is to get an epic BoE to drop, only to go, "meh, it vendors more than a green or blue does."

There are a few, but most are just useless. Especially all of the "end game" crafted epics from each expansion.

I didn't even waste the gold buying a lot of the patterns, because, at least in Cata and MoP, you can go and get a vendor green with higher stats than the crafted epics from the previous expansion.

Example: Wrath epics are around ilvl 200, some harder to get ones are higher, but in general. Now, there is a vendor in Hyjal that sells 232 I think it is ilvl greens right off the bat, or you quest and get a bunch of 272 gear. Same thing happens for the Cata to MoP jump. Crafted epics in Cata are around 346 ilvl yet you get 372 ilvl from a vendor, or a combo of 372/384 from questing.

Hell, if you look at some of the low level crafted stuff that has a chance to pop from MoP gear, you can gear a fresh 85 in 415 ilvl gear in just about every slot. (In case you don't know what I mean: once a BS, for example, can craft ghost iron helms, there is a chance you can proc a blue item at 415 ilvl instead of the standard 384 ilvl.)

Now, why should I waste the time and gold to make any of those end game epics from Cata?
    Last edited by mykro9; 2014-01-19 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    I actually like this idea. I cannot tell you how painful it is to get an epic BoE to drop, only to go, "meh, it vendors more than a green or blue does."

There are a few, but most are just useless. Especially all of the "end game" crafted epics from each expansion.

I didn't even waste the gold buying a lot of the patterns, because, at least in Cata and MoP, you can go and get a vendor green with higher stats than the crafted epics from the previous expansion.

Example: Wrath epics are around ilvl 200, some harder to get ones are higher, but in general. Now, there is a vendor in Hyjal that sells 232 I think it is ilvl greens right off the bat, or you quest and get a bunch of 272 gear. Same thing happens for the Cata to MoP jump. Crafted epics in Cata are around 346 ilvl yet you get 372 ilvl from a vendor, or a combo of 372/384 from questing.

Hell, if you look at some of the low level crafted stuff that has a chance to pop from MoP gear, you can gear a fresh 85 in 415 ilvl gear in just about every slot.

Now, why should I waste the time and gold to make any of those end game epics from Cata?
    Well Blizzard doesn't really care about past content when new content is out. Always been like that. Which I feel is a pity but understandable, they wan't to focus all their energy on new and exciting things. But simple stuff like giving low level epics the same scaling tech that heirlooms has is a way to counter some of it. I don't really see any downside to having it. Just breathes a bit more life into old content.

Not really sure about the BoE items, seeing as they can in fact be sold. Was thinking more of the raid epics.
    Last edited by mmocacb1eadbce; 2014-01-19 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by earthan View Post
    Well Blizzard doesn't really care about past content when new content is out. Always been like that. Which I feel is a pity but understandable, they wan't to focus all their energy on new and exciting things. But simple stuff like giving low level epics the same scaling tech that heirlooms has is a way to counter some of it. I don't really see any downside to having it. Just breathes a bit more life into old content.

Not really sure about the BoE items, seeing as they can in fact be sold. Was thinking more of the raid epics.
    Believe me, I get that. But the 'epicness' of non-endgame epics has completely disappeared. They should drop the ridiculous mat requirements for some of these crafted items once they are no longer relevant, and just make the crafted item green, not epic. For that matter, the DE shards from epics are even more worthless than the item, making crafting them even more pointless.

I did mention I agreed with your OP, right?

Having said that, though, I do have all the heirlooms except the fishing rings, upgraded to lvl 85. By the way, the easiest way to obtain these is via the DMF, now. Since the prize boxes can be traded, you just do all the dailies on several toons and trade the boxes to one toon, who opens them for the tickets, and buys what ever heirloom you need. Hell, make a bunch of lvl 1's on any server during DMF week, go to the fair and do all the dailies. That is 40 tickets per toon for the week, times that by 11 toons on a server, and you got 440 tickets to buy and upgrade your heirlooms, all from lvl 1 toons. You can do that I think even with a starter edition, but easily with one paid month. That only leaves getting the helm, legs and cloak to get from the guild vendor, having done the achievements.