View Poll Results: Would you run LFR if there was no loot to be obtained?

Voters
1293. This poll is closed
  • No

830 64.19%
  • Yes

73 5.65%
  • Only once!

390 30.16%
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    It might not be the case of elitist pricks every time, just that they are forced to do LFR to stay competitive, when they don't want to and even good guys can lose it once in a while. Basically, to keep it short, for the good of the game, you can get loot but just not loot that could be usefull to a raider.
    Aside from something like a much needed trinket or whatever, it, especially after the first tier, becomes far from required, remember, LFR has a later opening schedule.

Deleted
    I totally agree gear should drop from LFR. But instead of having the designs of end game raiding, they should look appropriate for the skill requirements needed to do it.
    The gear should look like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=65312
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=64511
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=15170

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I totally agree gear should drop from LFR. But instead of having the designs of end game raiding, they should look appropriate for the skill requirements needed to do it.
    LFR is endgame raiding the only difference that should be on Gear in LFR and the rest of the modes is the ilvl and at most set bonus's.

Making gear look like that to LFR raiders is a slap in there face and the end result will be people unsubbing. This would be Blizzards version of what Bioware did to F2p members when SWTOR went f2p. To sum it up its a really stupid idea.

Also still wouldn't fix the small % thinking LFR is a must. Like I said blizzard needs to give more ways to gear up and not just use LFR. They did well with TI this patch but it can be done a lot better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Removing loot from a Raid is the stupidest idea I have seen in a long time.

LFR is RAIDING.

Raiding has loot.
    LFR is far from raiding.....

Ok, I agree that removal of gear is too much, but they should atleast tweak it. Change of rarity from epic to rare, less iL than anything that can be acquired from pre-made groups, or something in that way.

10+ Year Old Account

A hell of a lot more people do the easier forms of raiding than the harder, so maybe they should be the people to get the better/more time consuming art assets?

Also ... transmog

- - - Updated - - -

A hell of a lot more people do the easier forms of raiding than the harder, so maybe they should be the people to get the better/more time consuming art assets?

Also ... transmog

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesh I would! I like to heal every now and then on my shaman and I usually sign up for a LFR then. : p

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    LFR is far from raiding.....
    To raid in World of Warcraft you need a group of 6 or more. You can only fit 5 in a party to do a raid party you switch it to that setting and invite more. Therefor if I took 8 people to stormwind we just raided it.

LFR is in fact raiding. Blizzard says its raiding and most boss's in LFR are harder then most normal older content boss's like Razorscale in Uld. So if LFR is not raiding due to how easy it is then raiding a lot of raids in Wrath or early'er raids isn't ether.

You can state your opinion all you want but the FACT is that LFR is in FACT raiding.

Blizzards game there word is final and they have said time and time again LFR is infact Raiding.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR will be becoming a Tourist Mode, Remove the gear & if you want gear than you do Normals .

Let the players control Raid Content, I would prbly just run LFR to test out UIs tweaks & stuff.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    To raid in World of Warcraft you need a group of 6 or more. You can only fit 5 in a party to do a raid party you switch it to that setting and invite more. Therefor if I took 8 people to stormwind we just raided it.

LFR is in fact raiding. Blizzard says its raiding and most boss's in LFR are harder then most normal older content boss's like Razorscale in Uld. So if LFR is not raiding due to how easy it is then raiding a lot of raids in Wrath or early'er raids isn't ether.

You can state your opinion all you want but the FACT is that LFR is in FACT raiding.

Blizzards game there word is final and they have said time and time again LFR is infact Raiding.
    No! LFR is tourist mode for casual players to see content. People can clear LFR with 1 or 2 people Afk. That is not raiding!
    The gear should have different designs. And this should be the legendary drop from LFR raiding:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18233/

When used have the power to change the entire history and gameplay of this game and instantly created 50 threats of QQ on Blizzard official forums to reduce the difficulty of the entire game. ^^
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-01-19 at 06:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    LFR is far from raiding......
    vs vanilla and tbc's nuke, avoid, nuke, avoid? >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    LFR will be becoming a Tourist Mode, Remove the gear & if you want gear than you do Normals .

Let the players control Raid Content, I would prbly just run LFR to test out UIs tweaks & stuff.
    Then we could remove gear from flex and normals so we can pee off even more of the community ^-^

It's still useful in seeing some of the basic mechanics of the fight, and at least seeing the content once is somewhat interesting. My guild doesn't always make it to the end of a raid. So doing LFR once or twice is still useful without drops.

No! LFR is tourist mode for casual players to see content. People can clear LFR with 1 or 2 people Afk. That is not raiding!
    The gear should have different designs. And this should be the legendary drop from LFR raiding:
    Once again your opinion dose not mean shit compared to FACT. LFR is raiding hell its in the name. Raiding is not defined by how easy it is to do it. If it was then Normal Mode would not be raiding ether since Heroic mode is harder.

Your own logic dose not help your arguement and as I said this is Blizzards game not yours or mine. In Blizzards game they make the rules and say what is what. Therefor if they said LFR is raiding then its raiding. Your Opinion on the subject dose not matter or change this FACT.

Also as I said it is a FACT LFR is a lot harder then most Wrath/TBC/Vanilla raid boss's therefor if LFR isn't raiding then neather is more of those.

Not every fight in TBC was as hard as kel. Not every fight in Vanilla was as hard as C-thun and not every fight in Wrath was as hard as Yogg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Aside from something like a much needed trinket or whatever, it, especially after the first tier, becomes far from required, remember, LFR has a later opening schedule.
    Yeah, aside from the most wanted and important pieces besides weapon: trinket and set bonuses, it's totally not required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Then we could remove gear from flex and normals so we can pee off even more of the community ^-^
    If you want to see content do LFR, you don't need gear to do that. LFR shouldn't be about getting gear, it should be about getting to SEE the content you think your entitled too.

If you want gear than do Normal mode content.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Once again your opinion dose not mean shit compared to FACT. LFR is raiding hell its in the name. Raiding is not defined by how easy it is to do it. If it was then Normal Mode would not be raiding ether since Heroic mode is harder.

Your own logic dose not help your arguement and as I said this is Blizzards game not yours or mine. In Blizzards game they make the rules and say what is what. Therefor if they said LFR is raiding then its raiding. Your Opinion on the subject dose not matter or change this FACT.
    Raiding is an epic adventure! At least it always was for me..
    You want me to give you an equally epic adventure as a LFR raid. Ok man get ready for this:

"Get up. Turn your TV on...then turn it off and come back to your pc/laptop/mac."

There, I just made you have an epic quest as thrilling as a LFR adventure.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2014-01-19 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

Just out of curiosity, how would you describe raiding now then?

I do LFR weekly on someone I want gear on, sometimes multiple toons if I feel motivated. If there was no loot at all I would maybe do it once for the achievement. I would in time just go get a flex group to raid with and stop doing LFR once I knew I could just do it in flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    If you want to see content do LFR, you don't need gear to do that. LFR shouldn't be about getting gear, it should be about getting to SEE the content you think your entitled too.

If you want gear than do Normal mode content.
    LFR is endgame raiding and people like to progress there character. There is many other reasons why people want gear.

Like for myself it helps me progress in soloing old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geish View Post
    Yeah, aside from the most wanted and important pieces besides weapon: trinket and set bonuses, it's totally not required.
    The most needed trinkets that going forth you will have 4 chances per week at obtaining (if you were to do all modes), that from week 1 you will have 2 chances at per week (4 chances if you use bonus rolls on those bosses), from week 2 you will have 3 (or 6) chances per week. (assuming normal and heroic release week 1 and mythic release week 2).

As well as that, how many must need items are there and is LFR not good in that sense?

You have 3 options

1. do not run lfr, do not get the item you need and hinder yourself/ your team
    2. run lfr for that single boss (maybe have to kill a couple others if he's last boss in a wing), leave once you do or do not get the item
    3. have no loot in LFR, thus, do not run it

The third option and third option are the same, LFR is effectively "another chance" at that loot you want, remove the loot from LFR and you do not help yourself in any possible way, but you do piss all over the number of people who do want/need loot from LFR, who far outnumber you.

Thinking about the populace as a whole and not just your little group and it all becomes quite obvious.

Removing loot from LFR solves nothing except to appease the egos of some people for what will end up being a VERY short length of time, and will more likely piss off (and cause sub drops) a lot more people.

Raiding is an epic adventure! At least it always was for me..
    You want me to give you an equally epic adventure as a LFR raid. Ok man get ready for this:
    "Get up. Turn your TV on...then turn it off and come back to your pc/laptop/mac."

There, I just made you have an epic quest as thrilling as a LFR adventure.
    Ok and if you do Normal or Heroic and you got 9/24 decked out people who outgear the content you would be able to afk as well.

That is the only reason why some can AFK in LFR. Because there is so many others there that outgear the content and can make up for a few afk. Also you can't have half the raid AFK on Garrosh without wiping over and over.

As I said your own logic dose not back up your argument as I have proven. Want to end the whole its forced on heroic raiders. Make all modes share lockouts and stay out of LFR if you dont like it.