Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So we're making unfounded conclusions as fact now?

- - - Updated - - -

Who said it had to do with difficulty?

Don't kid yourself, this games fucking simple.
    The game has always been easy to actually play (minus hard raiding), but it's just that back then, it was more of a grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Who said it had to do with difficulty?

Don't kid yourself, this games fucking simple.
    You could say this about any period in the game. Most Vanilla players probably wouldn't be able to kill H Garrosh or care. The number of players raiding has always been low and your pretending this is new.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-19 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    You could say this about any period in the game. Most Vanilla players probably wouldn't be able to kill H Garrosh. The number of players raiding has always been low and your pretending this is new.
    You just don't know that, so there's no point in saying it. And I'm not saying a lot of people raided, im saying there's no proof that it's related to difficulty.

I would say about 0.75% would be a good number, and I assume blizz is aiming for around 1-1.25% for 5months with upcoming changes.

This, coming from you, is hilarious
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This, coming from you, is hilarious
    Herp derp. I'm sharing my observations, not making ignorant accusations. Like it or not, I don't say much that isn't unfounded. I don't expect most fans of the current WoW to agree. The amount of people here that give absolutely no thought to what they say is ridiculous. What I say might seem silly at first, but ponder it for a while and you'll see it's mostly true, these issues aren't as simple as people make them out to be.

Herp derp. I'm sharing my observations, not making ignorant accusations. Like it or not, I don't say much that isn't unfounded. I don't expect most fans of the current WoW to agree. The amount of people here that give absolutely no thought to what they say is ridiculous. What I say might seem silly at first, but ponder it for a while and you'll see it's mostly true, these issues aren't as simple as people make them out to be.
    Even in a post where you're claiming to be the reasonable one here, you are saying that most people could come around to your line of thinking if they only just thought about it. To you it's more likely that everyone in the world is just not thinking than it is that you're wrong.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Even in a post where you're claiming to be the reasonable one here, you are saying that most people could come around to your line of thinking if they only just thought about it. To you it's more likely that everyone in the world is just not thinking than it is that you're wrong.
    What have I said that's so wrong? Why don't you people attack the argument instead of the poster? It's not an opinion that a lot of people are wrong if I can prove it.

You just don't know that, so there's no point in saying it. And I'm not saying a lot of people raided, im saying there's no proof that it's related to difficulty.
    If it wasn't difficult the number would be a lot higher. I mean look at the numbers for Lfr and compare it to heroic. If it had absolutely nothing to do with difficulty the number wouldn't be so low.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-19 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Less than 0.23%? And yet idiots still proclaim WOW is easy.
    Because one sliver of content = adequate judgement for the entire game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Because one sliver of content = adequate judgement for the entire game experience.
    This. I want a hard game, not a hard level in a joke game.

Quote Originally Posted by worstpvperus View Post
    If it were easy the number would be a lot higher. I mean look at the numbers for Lfr and compare it to heroic. If it had absolutely nothing to do with difficulty the number wouldn't be so low.
    If you could go right to heroic I might agree. But you can't since you have to acquire gear from LFR/flex/normal first, in addition to finding a guild with a spot for you. By the time you're geared to even begin heroic you may just not be interested due to burn out. So you have to understand that there are multiple reasons people may not be motivated to do heroic considering how little it offers. This is what I mean when I say people don't give it thought, they just see 'heroic' and think that that is the only difference in the status of that content. The difficulty may be a factor, but there is no evidence that it is even close to the biggest limiting factor. My opinion of it is that it just doesn't generate enough interest for many people to want to do it.

If you could go right to heroic I might agree. But you can't since you have to acquire gear from LFR/flex/normal first, in addition to finding a guild with a spot for you. By the time you're geared to even begin heroic you may just not be interested due to burn out. So you have to understand that there are multiple reasons people may not be motivated to do heroic considering how little it offers. This is what I mean when I say people don't give it thought, they just see 'heroic' and think that that is the only difference in the status of that content. The difficulty may be a factor, but there is no evidence that it is even close to the biggest limiting factor. My opinion of it is that it just doesn't generate enough interest for many people to want to do it.
    I know but you said there was no proof that the number was related to difficulty but difficulty is always a factor. When they are several guild each raiding tier that can't even finish normal because difficulty is a factor in everything. Yeah, There are multiple reason people can be uninterested in content and difficulty is one.
    Last edited by worstpvperus; 2014-01-20 at 12:23 AM.

What have I said that's so wrong? Why don't you people attack the argument instead of the poster? It's not an opinion that a lot of people are wrong if I can prove it.
    OK

It's about time spent compared to what you get. It's that simple. And saying it's not a necessity is kinda lolable.

Did you read? I like challenges, but I don't feel some need to prove myself and suck down any 'challenge' in the game just because. I don't give a shit about gear or achievments. I want to actually see new things in the game, not the same shit I've already seen on a different difficulty.
    You are either not noticing, or wilfully ignoring the fact that as you progress through the difficulty level of raid encounters that they play very differently and that mechanics that either aren't there are are entirely insignificant in LFR are present and important in heroic.

I don't want a challenge, I want naturally challenging content. My priorities aren't focused on 'challenge me'.
    Likewise. I just understand that the current playerbase is brainwashed. Most early WoW players would die of laughter if they saw todays game.
    And most consumers today would die of laughter if they saw the bugs, server problems, balancing issues and lack of features in launch WoW. It would be written off, like any MMO with a launch like that is today. Different era, different problems between a new MMO and one that has been out for a long ass time.

Do you guys really believe H Garrosh isn't being done because it's too hard? Puh lease. Noone wants to waste their time on that shit when it doesn't offer anything new.
    People aren't always aware of the fun that can be had from heroic raiding. There's plenty of people who have never tried endgame raiding through either a lack of confidence, lacking the knowledge of the route to get into it, or not even knowing what it actually entails.

Obviously there are a few small reasons to do it. But those reasons aren't enough to justify the time put in for most. Doing heroic/normal feels so artificial after you see Garrosh go over like a pussy in LFR/flex. I like challenges, but I'm not gonna go out of my way when there really isn't much to gain. Same reason noone does Challenge modes.
    You're missing the point. LFR is the artificial mode. For lack of a better word, "tourist" mode. Sure, some may consider flex to be easy, but flex is a very different experience to LFR. If you consider flex Garrosh to be "a pussy" I would suggest that maybe it isn't made for you. If I were to play a single player game that I was good at I would not complain the bosses were pussies if I hadn't chosen the correct difficulty for my skill at the game. (unless I'd picked the hardest and they were completely faceroll) Multiple difficulty is much harder to implement in a weekly lockout raid system, so you have to leave all modes open to all people or you have a situation where a guild kills 14 bosses 1 week and moves up a level and only kills one or two. What does that guild then do? Go back to killing 14 next week and is overly cautious about moving up in future.

As for challenge modes.......
    No they're not for everyone, but I wouldn't say participation has been as low as no-one.
    The main reason for this, I feel, is that challenge modes are there purely for their own sake. Doing content for it's own sake, with no real character progression from it, isn't for everyone. If challenge modes were the place to get your pre-raid loot then uptake on them would have been much higher.
    Yes, difficulty may have been a factor in why people didn't do them, but lack of loot was a far bigger reason.

Note - I'm not saying challenge modes should provide loot. The concept is sound, just not for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite the fact that the majority of players do not complete the most difficult content, the majority of those on these forums would prefer it remain <2%.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    This. I want a hard game, not a hard level in a joke game.
    What was hard about WoW before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    The grindiness and overall glitchyness lol. The glitch boss was very difficult.

Because you say things like "It doesn't matter what you say I KNOW I'M RIGHT" which is why we're laughing at you
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Because you say things like "It doesn't matter what you say I KNOW I'M RIGHT" which is why we're laughing at you
    Then you fail to give a rebuttal, which is why I shake my head at you. Attack the message not the messenger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treeroy Jenkins View Post
    The grindiness and overall glitchyness lol. The glitch boss was very difficult.
    There really weren't many significant glitches. The game was difficult in a different way than it is today. Not necessarily more difficult, just difficult in a different way. It's honestly hard to screw up in todays game outside of not getting hit by AoEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Dungeons could not be solod by a dps. Or by a tank at level for that matter.

Pulling too many mobs in the world would generally get you killed.

You needed to group with others for elites and group quests.

It took time to grind out the gear for some bosses rather than brute forcing your way through.