Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think you know why they charge for premium services. It isn't because there is overhead or "it might crash the system". It's because, one, they don't have to offer such services and two, they want to avoid abuse of those services. A small fee means people take a minute to think of their race, server, faction, and appearance instead of randomly changing them all the time.

They're also not talking about boosting to 80 but rather boosting to 90 for real money. Also it's very very unlikely that changing the numeric value of your level in a database magically moves to that level. Obviously code is involved somewhere that grants you the passives and skills that go with each level along with adjusting the scaling of your health and other stats as things change. I'm not saying it's complicated (I've designed stuff like that for fun myself) but it's not someone "sitting behind a monitor".

If you don't want to buy a level 90 boost (if they end up offering it) then don't. No one is forcing you to. You can level any way you want. In the end, no one is going to really care what you did to level.
    If this was true they would have offered at least 1 free rename, faction change or wathever to longtime subscribers. It's free money and that's all there is to it.

Blizz is a company, companies like money. Theres no deeper meaning.

You're missing a core tenant of the whole thing. They're a business. They do not owe you anything. They have the good grace to put a product they worked on out for you to pay for IF YOU SO CHOOSE, and frankly I'm just happy they even gave me this option. If this really bothers you so much just don't play the game. If you hate a brand of soda, do you continue to drink that soda?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If this was true they would have offered at least 1 free rename, faction change or wathever to longtime subscribers. It's free money and that's all there is to it.

Blizz is a company, companies like money. Theres no deeper meaning.
    I never said that they don't want money. They do. They're a business. But I also believe their own statements that one reason these services aren't free is because it makes your choices a little more meaningful. It's the same reason they still don't offer Triple Talent Specialization.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    You don't pay for database editing you pay for time you save.

* You can level new character on new realm for free but you have to spent your time
    * You can pay X $ but get instant level Y

Do you have free week? use first option, I don't have free time or don't want to waste it - I pay for this service.

Same shit as real life - you can go from one side of US to another using your car (wasting few days of your time) or you can pay for airplane and get there in few hours. See the difference :P
    By you logic should we get "free" airplanes just because (in theory) we can just walk where we need to?
    Huh, that actually makes perfect sense now that you mention it. The time we don't spend for a millionth time leveling a character is usually time we don't pay extra for.

But yes, we SHOULD get free airplanes! Free airplanes for everyone!

It's very unlikely a lot of effort was necessary for level 90 boosts. They already have that in place for the SoR when it comes to level 80s. The point of it all is that they're offering a service that takes place outside of the game (for obvious technical reasons) that is completely optional and allows you to purposely skip content and advance your character 90 levels along with gaining free gear that you didn't actually earn by completing the associated quests.

To prevent abuse (lots of instant 90's for farming/laundering/harassing/botting) it's a pay-per-use service. That simple.
    Yeah I understand the abuse point, but as someone said, there could be systems to prevent abuse. For example if you're X years old player with an X year old max level character already, you would get 2-3 free level 90s, spaced out every 2 months or something.

Botters and harassers (hopefully) get banned so their accounts should never be that old nor have max level characters that old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    I'm not. I'm against it. I feel like it cheapens a good part of the game - the level 1 - 90 (soon 100) content. At least, I want to make sure new players can't do it right away. They lose out on so much.
    I imagine it would work like Death Knights in that you need a pre-levelled character that has already reached 90 - at least that's how I'd do it. But I don't think it cheapens any part of the game when you've already done it 5+ times, you tend to already know and disregard much of the content anyways. Hell, me and a friend were just chain running dungeons and levelling like that once we hit 15 because we just didn't care about questing at that point.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballantines View Post
    Yeah I understand the abuse point, but as someone said, there could be systems to prevent abuse. For example if you're X years old player with an X year old max level character already, you would get 2-3 free level 90s, spaced out every 2 months or something.

Botters and harassers (hopefully) get banned so their accounts should never be that old nor have max level characters that old.
    They've stated many times that they do not want to put in some kind of reward for long term players. I'm so sleepy I can't even think of the word now, there's a word/phrase for it. That's why.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

That's one way to do it. As I said in another post they're also a business in the business of making money. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    You didn't mention that in the post I quoted you. Both Deleth and I believe that you thought the only reason why they charge is to stop abuse. They should charge for those services, but when they go over a cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    If the OP isn't even intelligent enough to realize 80 was the level cap two expansions ago, why even bother.

Keep it civil
    Free level 80 free level 70 free level 90 what's the difference?

Deleted
    Please add a TLDR explanation and I may then consider replying! thanks

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-20 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    They've stated many times that they do not want to put in some kind of reward for long term players. I'm so sleepy I can't even think of the word now, there's a word/phrase for it. That's why.
    Loyalty rewards?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockdown1 View Post
    Please add a TLDR explanation and I may then consider replying! thanks
    Please finish 1st grade and realize there was nothing long about what I just wrote. If you're above 1st grade and still think this is long, god have mercy on your soul.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-20 at 03:53 AM.

I don't care for this idea. It's getting to the point where you can buy ANYTHING in the game with real life currency and that's stupid. Although I have NEVER purchased anything from Blizzard's store, I also never complained about it because all of those items are cosmetic only. If some rich kid wants to buy out the store and have really cool mounts and pets, more power to him. But when it gets to the point where you're now selling stuff that can have ANY impact on the game itself, then you fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loyalty rewards?
    Yeah that's the one. They've stated many times that they are not going to do loyalty rewards. If you want a service then pay, doesn't matter if you've paid for previous services or been there since forever.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Yeah that's the one. They've stated many times that they are not going to do loyalty rewards. If you want a service then pay, doesn't matter if you've paid for previous services or been there since forever.
    I love your transmogrification gear, it's 50 shades of awesome.

The belt though. Not. quite. right.

Please finish 1st grade and realize there was nothing long about what I just wrote. If you're above 1st grade and still think this is long, god have mercy on your soul.
    And this hasn't been infracted? Another awesome mod job at MMBlow-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love your transmogrification gear, it's 50 shades of awesome.

The belt though. Not. quite. right.
    Yeah I know, I've not played recently so not changed it. Is halfway between like 3 sets. I was full BiS gear in DS hc back in Cata except for the shield off Blackhorn and then in Firelands I was like 3-4 items off I think. I kept the sets in my bank as they're good memories, I'd been raid leading for a while and finally we were achieving what we were capable of. I was om full DS hc gear which was the tier pieces but the spine shoulders. Firelands gear our 4pc was everything but the hat I believe and I got that in heroic or at least gear that covers the whole body. I then got these LFR shoulders and altered it a bit again.

A while ago I had a character boosted to 80 via RAF. That toon had 16 slot bags, a few crafting materials and blue gear - sufficient to start questing in, but not so great you would want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And this hasn't been infracted? Another awesome mod job at MMBlow-Champion.
    Why should I be infracted? Should MMO Champion condone people going around the Internet ignoring massive amounts of arguments and asking for a "simple version for my simple mind" and lead to the detriment of society?

Should MMO Champion forums go from forums to MMO Twitter? "Its MMO Twitr, da ples uer we kil grmr so we cn sy uslsl crp in as fw wrds as psbl!".

No thanks, words are meant to be read, and if that concept somehow escapes you, get yourself a text reader which converts highlighted text to audio to spare your poor brain and eyes the titanic effort of coordinating words and meaning for a minute of your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    No the thing is I would kill for a free lvl 90 boost (not literally), but I don't see what exactly is costing them extra to allow us to do it besides add a button that allows us to query our level value in their databases and change it. It's like, is that really so hard to code that you can't just include it in our monthly fee and expansion costs?

As for passive abilities related to your level, I imagine (imagine!) they're dependancy related, like you reach a certain value and a clause statement unlocks them for you, except, that already exists in the game code, all it has to do is not explode when it realizes you suddenly went from 1-90 instead of the typical lvl up level by level.
    Now if you can look beyond the plate in front of yourself, you can see the obvious..
    Even if they will not end up offering the direct service of Instant level 90.. You can still have it through other means...
    1. Buy the software, it has a free 90 in the package..
    2. Do RaF, it gives boosts as well...
    For all what Blizzard considers is, to offer an alternative path to something that already exists..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Yeah I know, I've not played recently so not changed it. Is halfway between like 3 sets. I was full BiS gear in DS hc back in Cata except for the shield off Blackhorn and then in Firelands I was like 3-4 items off I think. I kept the sets in my bank as they're good memories, I'd been raid leading for a while and finally we were achieving what we were capable of. I was om full DS hc gear which was the tier pieces but the spine shoulders. Firelands gear our 4pc was everything but the hat I believe and I got that in heroic or at least gear that covers the whole body. I then got these LFR shoulders and altered it a bit again.
    I love how your skin color, shoulders and tabard all coordinate together, then you have the cloak, boots legs moving away from blue but still keeping the yellow/grey overtones from the top part of the armor, and of course that legendary shield, my favorite shield in terms of Draenei appearances, just the right amount of shiny.

The belt actually works well enough it's like that jewel on a dress (or cleavage) that keep attracting your eyes because it's so different from the rest, but I'm sort of compulsive on making things look alike so it's why I'd look for something else.

Also, females in plate look great for every single race, except Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Ballantines; 2014-01-20 at 01:53 AM.

If you don't want to buy a level 90 boost (if they end up offering it) then don't. No one is forcing you to. You can level any way you want. In the end, no one is going to really care what you did to level.
    More than likely, you'll make your character, buy the paid 90 and receive a potion or item in the mail (like every other thing like that), use the item and it instantly rewards you whatever amount of XP you need to reach 90.

The no one is forcing you argument has never really held up. No one is forcing people to purchase flasks or gem your gear either but at some point, people are going to feel compelled to do so for any variety of reasons.