Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I dunno, from the feedback I've read over the years, the general gist of what I've heard was that Firelands as a whole wasn't great besides Ragnaros himself - and I'd have to agree. Obviously I have no proof whatsoever of these claims, they're merely my observation. I also gathered that most people actually quite liked Tier 11, myself included, besides having to kill Onyxia for the 3rd time.

Your second point actually sounds quite hilarious. Obviously it'll never happen, but it is rather amusing to think about.
    You didn't like Zombie Nef fight? It was a lot of fun and a good challenge in 10M. Or maybe I just loved getting to DK mind control adds.

Personally Firelands felt rushed and many fights a complete clusterfuck. Rynolith especially, Shannox somewhat.

The consensus to me was that Firelands>DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Firelands was a tad short, but had some good fights. Dragon Soul was a major let down.

The end boss of the major expansion was basically fighting his fingernails.
    Hi

Subjectively speaking that's not accomplishing much given how poorly Deathwing as a whole was treated exposure-wise during Cata.

As for my biggest complaint about MoP it would be how non-alt friendly the expansion was as a whole unless you leveled to 90 on multiple characters during 5.0/5.1. I have no desire to level another character to 90 because I can't make the most of their professions (at least until the 5.4 stuff which is lucky to sell for more than 10k nowadays) without Spirit of Harmony; those damn things should have been made Account wide in 5.1. Plus while the Legendary Meta and Cloak aren't required for alts they certainly make things significantly easier having them to the point that almost feel mandatory.

My 2cents.
    1. PVP sucked, sick of freaking WTFBBQSAUCE1shotmacrostorm into Africa.
    2. Valor caps...... NO
    3. Legendarys for everyone? NO! Give me back my damn drops!(I liked hoarding my DKP to look cool)
    4. Asian panda lore. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mists rating for me would be 5/10

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Cata was a let down for a few reasons, but Mists of Pandaria was the best expansion ever released. It contained more content in each patch than entire expansions have in WoW's history, and more content than other MMOs launch with.

Anyone who says it was an unsuccessful expansion either didn't play the game, or didn't pay attention to what was happening through out.

The brilliance is that the content wasn't rushed, despite it coming out faster.
    They were able to make some of the most dynamic and challenging raid content in quick time, as well as release large in-between patches that gave plenty to stay interested for.

Hope it follows suite in WoD, especially with the way the 20 man only raid set up looks.
    Doesn't change the fact that the story sucked.
    Besides that, dungeons at lvl 90 were made useless due to the timeless isle and LFR was mandatory for anyone who wanted to get into Flex and Normals.

The amount of content was fine, the quality wasn't.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO LFR should replace heroic 5 mans, as in, LFR should have it's own separate dungeons just for it. Basically a 25 man 5 man. Leaving flex to be where you start doing the end game raids.
    Horrible idea.
    In LFR you can literally stand around doing nothing as a dps and as long as you're not on the dmg charts nobody will notice you (someone actually tested this multiple times).
    5-man dungeons require all members to work, especially if they're going to be made more difficult.

LFR is awefull and they should just remove it and make Flex the first tier of raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Mop was just meh. The Asian theme got old really fast
    Bane

Deleted
    cata sucked because the lore was bad and the gameplay was lacking
    mop sucked because the overall theme was crap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    Mop was just meh. The Asian theme got old really fast
    From a non-racist perspective, I agree entirely. A minor Asian theme would have resonated well, with me at least. But when everything is overwhelmingly.. "Earth-Asian", down to the last fucking Malayan Quillrat, meditating-with-candles-Panda and Mount Neverest, it really DOES get old really fast.

I've yet to hear anyone tell me how MoPs supposed to be the best expansion when the story made less sense to a casual observer than a pit viper eating polar bears in central Antarctica. Now, I'm no lore buff, but each expansion thus far (besides Cataclysm, obviously) has had a simple, easy-to-follow story that actually made sense.

MoP however? You hit 90, after questing. You loved it or you hated it, subjectively. You then enter end-game. Not once did I feel attachment or a sense of urgency, or justice, or anything really, to any of the raids or side-expeditions. Mogu? Who the fuck cares about Mogu? Not I. Then the Horde and the Alliance apparently "escalate conflicts". This apparently culminates in the Alliance marching their entire army out of a subjugated Orgrimmar and allowing them to resume conflicts at a later date. Meanwhile, trolls res some dead warlord of old, who's apparently going to take over the world. Well shit. We'd better knock him off too, I guess.

I dunno. None of it made much sense to me.
    Last edited by Constraint; 2014-01-20 at 09:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Umm, no. There's a difference between histily done thing and hastily done shit.

MoP was ok... good and bad stuff added.... I enjoyed it if I ignored the bad parts.
    Cata started out awesomely... and was a pretty solid expansion imo... it just ended with a bad taste - the Dragonsoul and it's asociated 5 man dungeons patch... people remember the last bite... and this bite left it's horrible taste for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    Cata was a let down for a few reasons, but Mists of Pandaria was the best expansion ever released. It contained more content in each patch than entire expansions have in WoW's history, and more content than other MMOs launch with.

Anyone who says it was an unsuccessful expansion either didn't play the game, or didn't pay attention to what was happening through out.
    To my mind there are several potentially valid criticisms of MoP:

-it failed to hold subscribers
    -it introduced mechanics changes despised by some players
    -it strayed further from the classic WoW 5-man dungeon model than previous expansions
    -there were real issues with gating, gearing and dailies early in the expansion

I played MoP and I had fun doing it. I think it had the best world design since BC, maybe vanilla. But at the same time, I played for a total of two months over MoP's lifespan to date - my least involvement with WoW since it launched. I skipped tons of quests, and leveled exactly 3 characters: my priest main (which I played for crafting reasons only this expac), my pvp rogue (which never even set foot outside BGs), and my warlock, which was my "MoP main" for the two months I played.

There's a lot to like about MoP, particularly when compared with Cata or even Wrath (SoO < ICC though, imo) but trying to claim it was an unquestioned success is flying in the face of sub numbers, even if you dismiss all other criticisms.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    From a non-racist perspective, I agree entirely. A minor Asian theme would have resonated well, with me at least. But when everything is overwhelmingly.. "Earth-Asian", down to the last fucking Malayan Quillrat, meditating-with-candles-Panda and Mount Neverest, it really DOES get old really fast.

I've yet to hear anyone tell me how MoPs supposed to be the best expansion when the story made less sense to a casual observer than a pit viper eating polar bears in central Antarctica. Now, I'm no lore buff, but each expansion thus far (besides Cataclysm, obviously) has had a simple, easy-to-follow story that actually made sense.

MoP however? You hit 90, after questing. You loved it or you hated it, subjectively. You then enter end-game. Not once did I feel attachment or a sense of urgency, or justice, or anything really, to any of the raids or side-expeditions. Mogu? Who the fuck cares about Mogu? Not I. Then the Horde and the Alliance apparently "escalate conflicts". This apparently culminates in the Alliance marching their entire army out of a subjugated Orgrimmar and allowing them to resume conflicts at a later date. Meanwhile, trolls res some dead warlord of old, who's apparently going to take over the world. Well shit. We'd better knock him off too, I guess.

I dunno. None of it made much sense to me.
    I think that's the important part
    Reading the novels and actually reading the quest text (which the majority of players don't do), it all makes perfect sense. I've experienced MoP and its storyline as one of the most enjoyable so far. Especially the siege of Orgrimmar fits in beautifully.

If anything I heartily recommend picking up some of the novels. They were a great addition to the story, immersion and enjoyment of the WoW universe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    To my mind there are several potentially valid criticisms of MoP:

-it failed to hold subscribers
    -it introduced mechanics changes despised by some players
    -it strayed further from the classic WoW 5-man dungeon model than previous expansions
    -there were real issues with gating, gearing and dailies early in the expansion

I played MoP and I had fun doing it. I think it had the best world design since BC, maybe vanilla. But at the same time, I played for a total of two months over MoP's lifespan to date - my least involvement with WoW since it launched. I skipped tons of quests, and leveled exactly 3 characters: my priest main (which I played for crafting reasons only this expac), my pvp rogue (which never even set foot outside BGs), and my warlock, which was my "MoP main" for the two months I played.

There's a lot to like about MoP, particularly when compared with Cata or even Wrath (SoO < ICC though, imo) but trying to claim it was an unquestioned success is flying in the face of sub numbers, even if you dismiss all other criticisms.
    -please don't bring in the subscriber discussion, it's a horribly skewed one with too many assumptions and faulty opinions_stated_as_fact. WoW has been losing subs faster than gaining them since 2010. This is nothing new. It is the natural decline of a 10 year old game. They will not go back up significantly regardless of the quality of the game and its content
    -every expansion introduces mechanics that players despise, this is not a MoP-only thing
    -How did it stray?
    -agreed, it felt like a job 'getting everything done' every day. It was also confusing at times as to what path to take exactly

If you measure an expansions's success solely on its subscriber numbers every expansion after Wotlk is a failure. It's not logical to do so, as an expansion's success is defined by a combination of factors.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

As someone who used to enjoy the lore, MOP killed it for me. I love some of the new features added but the story really failed to add any sense of impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I really felt left wanting with the questing of MoP. Especially during the whole process of "DO ALL THE DAILIES".

It's funny to see that i have a lot of characters that actually get to a decent level - And as soon as i set foot into Panda land.. It's just a sprint to get over with it.

Despise the whole notion of that leveling a war grizzled veteran is some form of joyous beer guzzling adventure with jade witches and bouncy pandas too.
    Some zones were alright. Like Dread Wastes - It felt like an actual zone. And i also liked the Mogu, because they were nasty.

But i really, really, really hate the quests where i'm throwing carrots at bloody marmots and them running away screaming about how they have been tricked. Is this what a mighty hero, Slayer of Demons, Slayer of THE LICH KING has surmounted to? F'cking throwing carrots at marmots? Alright, cool, thanks.

The whole sha thing was cool as well - maybe a bit too much of a spiritualistic message, but it was cool none the less to battle hatred, anger and all these forms of things. Adds a sort of sense of conflict i suppose. But it could be done better with just a despicable enemy more so then some ancient evil trapped under the ground. Like with Garrosh. Who doesn't hate that guy?

It's what Warcraft is about. WAR. You go to war, you wage war, you kill stuff in war - YOU DO NOT, BLOODY PUNT MARMOTS FROM A STINKIN' FARM WITH PANDAS.
    Last edited by mmocee9d117667; 2014-01-20 at 10:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I don't think I've heard anyone complain about MOP being a shitty expansion. All I've heard is how amazing it is.
    In that case, you're deaf...
    TBC >>>>>>>>> Cata >>>>> WotLK >> MoP...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Compared to Firelands/Ulduar/ICC/Black Temple/Sunwell they're average.
    That's like your opinion.

ICC is like the biggest wasted opportunity ever in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    I really felt left wanting with the questing of MoP. Especially during the whole process of "DO ALL THE DAILIES".

It's funny to see that i have a lot of characters that actually get to a decent level - And as soon as i set foot into Panda land.. It's just a sprint to get over with it.

Despise the whole notion of that leveling a war grizzled veteran is some form of joyous beer guzzling adventure with jade witches and bouncy pandas too.
    Some zones were alright. Like Dread Wastes - It felt like an actual zone. And i also liked the Mogu, because they were nasty.

But i really, really, really hate the quests where i'm throwing carrots at bloody marmots and them running away screaming about how they have been tricked. Is this what a mighty hero, Slayer of Demons, Slayer of THE LICH KING has surmounted to? F'cking throwing carrots at marmots? Alright, cool, thanks.

The whole sha thing was cool as well - maybe a bit too much of a spiritualistic message, but it was cool none the less to battle hatred, anger and all these forms of things. Adds a sort of sense of conflict i suppose. But it could be done better with just a despicable enemy more so then some ancient evil trapped under the ground. Like with Garrosh. Who doesn't hate that guy?

It's what Warcraft is about. WAR. You go to war, you wage war, you kill stuff in war - YOU DO NOT, BLOODY PUNT MARMOTS FROM A STINKIN' FARM WITH PANDAS.
    You must've really hated the quests with Mylune in Mount Hyjal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You must've really hated the quests with Mylune in Mount Hyjal.
    Thanks for reminding me. The bear quest is almost enough to go vash'jir instead, almost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post

I agree, the Sha are really awesome. Valley of Four Winds is indeed a giant piece of shit. However, I do not hate Garrosh, in fact he's my favorite character. Arrogant, sure, but he created conflict between the Alliance and Horde. Which, in my opinion, is what this whole game is about: Horde vs Alliance (vs evil).