Page 1 of 2
LastLast

General Flex Requirement?

What would it be?

A moderate amount of skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mementomori1993 View Post
    A moderate amount of skill.
    And an average notion of the fights. Watch some Fatboss videos on youtube and you should be ready. As to ilvl, I assume 540 should be enough for Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    And an average notion of the fights. Watch some Fatboss videos on youtube and you should be ready. As to ilvl, I assume 540 should be enough for Flex.
    So you would want an ilvl thats the same that drops from the raid? makes sense

you can do flex as low as 510 and still be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post

not looking for a challenge in LF"R" Mark II.

just fast and painless. so the more gear pugs have the better.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account

Can't exactly vet pugs on their skill, so requiring higher ilvl is a way to increase the margin for error and reduce the risk of failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    A world first heroic group could probably do all flex bosses in 471 ilvl gear. Your average pug? 520 for first 2, 530 for last 2, 540 for garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    People just dont give a shit about your exp, not many understand that a 520 that knows what to do will do alot better than a 535 that have no idea what he is doing.

exp>gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    People just dont give a shit about your exp, not many understand that a 520 that knows what to do will do alot better than a 535 that have no idea what he is doing.

exp>gear
    And how exactly are you going to determine that the person knows what to do while spamming Trade, browsing oQueue, or looking through the Raid Browser?

At least reading or watching strategy videos for Normal mode is a good start. Flex is just undertuned Normal, after all.

As for gear, 520 sounds fine. I accepted people who were 530 in a SoO Normal raid last night (though they didn't exactly impress, but hey, we needed numbers and quickly).

I'm interested just how low a really good team could go with item level. Remember Undergeared during Wrath, doing as many raids as possible with nothing but blue gear? They did pretty good as well, all things considered. Though I suspect due to extreme amounts of AoE and massive tank hits you'd struggle to do Flex in anything less then 500 ilevel raid-wide, even if you had players capable of beating the enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my guildies tanked all 4 wings on a 515 warrior. It's cake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    And how exactly are you going to determine that the person knows what to do while spamming Trade, browsing oQueue, or looking through the Raid Browser?
    Easy, I check the armory, rather invest a minute extra doing that than having to give 1hour extra to the raid.

Judging by your response you are one of those who only look at the ilvl. If you owned a business that needed people, would you rather hire the one who has done that exact same thing for years and knows what to do in his sleep, or the one fresh out of school with the fancy degree but no knowledge about the actual job?

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy, I check the armory, rather invest a minute extra doing that than having to give 1hour extra to the raid.
    I wasn't aware there's a "knows how to play" stat on the armory. You're just using another version of ilvl look-up.

Judging by your response you are one of those who only look at the ilvl.
    How ironic that you would judge me so quickly without vetting me.

- - - Updated - - -

If you owned a business that needed people, would you rather hire the one who has done that exact same thing for years and knows what to do in his sleep, or the one fresh out of school with the fancy degree but no knowledge about the actual job?
    I wouldn't hire someone without looking at their experience, quality of work, referrals, comprehensive interview, etc. People generally only do this kind of vetting for guild recruitment. You're telling me you do this for PUGs?

DPS? Around 550 and you should be fine.
    Healing? Anything above 500
    Tank? Probably wont even Armory you

Supply and demand. My 510 healers can get a Flex group much easier than my 550 DPS can. I don't tank pugs, but given the quality of Tanks I've seen in some Flex runs, simply saying "I R Tank" seems to get you in.

560+ item level and Normal or Heroic Garrosh achieve.

510 seems to work for the first 2 wings, but for the 3'rd and 4'th wing you need to know how to play (and perform) > item level. Tried that ingame flex finder thing the other night, and people were failing so miserably at standing in the purple pools @ Malkorok. So I value experience and a common sense over a few itemlevels.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Can't exactly vet pugs on their skill, so requiring higher ilvl is a way to increase the margin for error and reduce the risk of failure.
    And people wonder why LFR is so popular, due to the lack of interference and inflated requirements.
    People used to have other means of vetting players, you know the ancient and long-lost art of talking to someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    560+ item level and Normal or Heroic Garrosh achieve.
    That does seem to be the flex recruitment trend in trade on my realm when they need tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    The minimum requirement would be around Ilvl520, LFR experience and knowledge of the class.
    The medium requirement that you need to have in order to join groups you see in /trade chat, however, is Ilvl550+, AotC achievement, 2-3 heroic kills at least, knowledge of 4 classes, and all professions maxed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But what does it say about players mentality, if they rather complain about "insane requirements from fles raidleader" instead of creating their own groups and leading them with a more modest requirement? Apparently there are loads of ppl who loath too high requirements and/or cannot get groups because of that. Should be easy to get your own group?
    The few times I make a flex group I hardly care for people's ilvl or experience. My only requirement is that you pass the armory character audit, just so I know you aren't missing any enchants or gems.