Thread: Holy Grip for P

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy Grip for P

Do you share my opinion on Paladin's Holy Grip? I would adore to see it in game. Not only because from lore perspective it simply makes sense - as mirror ability -. It is also one of the best abilities in the game, excellent for melee like retribution pala. I hope that one day will come when we gonna get it and enjoy it fully!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Do you share my opinion on Paladin's Holy Grip? I would adore to see it in game. Not only because from lore perspective it simply makes sense - as mirror ability -. It is also one of the best abilities in the game, excellent for melee like retribution pala. I hope that one day will come when we gonna get it and enjoy it fully!
    It doesn't make sense from a lore perspective at all, specially not if its the DK variant of a grip. The Priest one would make slightly more sense but thats all about putting someone in-front of you or pulling them out of danger, where as Paladins rely on Bubbles/Hands to serve the same purpose.

I vote for never getting this spell, because as soon as classes start to gain other signature abilities, class diversity goes down the tube.

For my tower team I tend to leave earlier when the demolisher is going down, or if I'm healing I position myself near the ramp and heal from there. Then, Speed of Light takes you up the entire stairway.

I don't know about PvP though, I'd imagine clever use of Hand of Freedom and Long Arm of the Law fixes that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    It doesn't make sense from a lore perspective at all, specially not if its the DK variant of a grip. The Priest one would make slightly more sense but thats all about putting someone in-front of you or pulling them out of danger, where as Paladins rely on Bubbles/Hands to serve the same purpose.
    it does. it might be simply glyphed long arm of the law. it wuld transform well, into gripping hand.

I vote for never getting this spell, because as soon as classes start to gain other signature abilities, class diversity goes down the tube.
    I would not say that this is a 'signature' ability. charge/stealth is already avaible to other classes than warrior/rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    how about we stop giving every class everyone elses abilities and ruining the game?

sounds better to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    how about we stop giving every class everyone elses abilities and ruining the game?

sounds better to me
    I do not consider it as "ruining" but "enhancing". usually I try to stay far away from snarky comments but: how about speaking about your own preferences instead of pretending to be voice of masses.

sounds excellent to me.

It would give paladin wonderful strategical/tactical opportunities.

I do not consider it as "ruining" but "enhancing". usually I try to stay far away from snarky comments but: how about speaking about your own preferences instead of pretending to be voice of masses.

sounds excellent to me.

It would give paladin wonderful strategical/tactical opportunities.
    Funny part is, nobody except you wants this, and the people who are silent are happy with the status quo.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Funny part is, nobody except you wants this, and the people who are silent are happy with the status quo.
    indeed, it would be funny if participation or lack of it in this thread would be masses's *like* translator. obviously, I do not posses such magical/psi abilities as you and I do not know what silent people think (but do not think that I'm toxically envy of your gift - quite opposite, I hail your powers). but yes, four people disagree with me, not that care about numbers but yes.

Holy Grip for a paladin is a great opportunity to bring life to retribution's pvp with little to no effort designing wise.

indeed, it would be funny if participation or lack of it in this thread would be masses's *like* translator. obviously, I do not posses such magical/psi abilities as you and I do not know what silent people think (but do not think that I'm toxically envy of your gift - quite opposite, I hail your powers). but yes, four people disagree with me, not that care about numbers but yes.

Holy Grip for a paladin is a great opportunity to bring life to retribution's pvp with little to no effort designing wise.
    That maybe true, however it has zero basis in the lore of the game. If it is in fact a mirror of DK's Deathgrip, I have even more issue with it. Not all DK's were fallen paladins; the first in fact were shaman. It is also an iconic DK ability, and unlike Bloodlust (when given to mages it was for MUCH needed utility) another "deathgrip" doesn't need to be added to a class with plenty of utility both in PvE and PvP.

If you wanted a realistic cross section of the public's opinion you probably should have named this thread "Death grip for Ret Paladins to fix PvP gap closer problems", I can guarantee the front page of MMO would have given you their full attention then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fouton View Post
    indeed, its a spell that defines the DK heavily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    That maybe true, however it has zero basis in the lore of the game. If it is in fact a mirror of DK's Deathgrip, I have even more issue with it. Not all DK's were fallen paladins; the first in fact were shaman. It is also an iconic DK ability, and unlike Bloodlust (when given to mages it was for MUCH needed utility) another "deathgrip" doesn't need to be added to a class with plenty of utility both in PvE and PvP.
    and Dath Knight did not have it before wotlk. but now when DK has it, we can speculate on its holy mirror ability: Light and Shadow. the first death knight was a paladin, Arthas himself. Lich King pre fusion with Prince Menethil was not a dk and Teron is a completely different kind of an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    If you wanted a realistic cross section of the public's opinion you probably should have named this thread "Death grip for Ret Paladins to fix PvP gap closer problems", I can guarantee the front page of MMO would have given you their full attention then.
    it is not that I wanted it but I did not want general public to come here. I'm uninterested in other classes users opinions. It is more of an "awareness" thread.

Well, let us know when people are for Death Grip on pallies.

Pretty sure no matter where you go the people who support this ill-conceived notion will number to no more than the fingers on one, maybe 2 hands.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Well, let us know when people are for Death Grip on pallies.

Pretty sure no matter where you go the people who support this ill-conceived notion will number to no more than the fingers on one, maybe 2 hands.
    I'm not exactly into counting people but I will try.
    this one is easier. there were topics about it in the past and I'm pretty sure it was quite popular, idea of holy grip of course. oh, and it is a wonderful notion, upserbly crafted out of pure intent and superior grasp of gameplay

no, more grips can just fuck off.

I'm not exactly into counting people but I will try.
    this one is easier. there were topics about it in the past and I'm pretty sure it was quite popular, idea of holy grip of course. oh, and it is a wonderful notion, upserbly crafted out of pure intent and superior grasp of gameplay
    At this point, even I can't take you seriously anymore. New abilities have to be balanced. I fail to understand how giving paladins more ways to keep up time on something in addition to the tools (that according to you are very limited) they already have is going to work. How is this NOT eerily similar to warrior mobility? Or is that the actual underlying problem here? You want ret pallies to be the next class that gets nerfed into being useless in PvP because of that mobility.

Take a look at where warriors are now...and the outcry about it. When the nerf hits AGAIN its going to be ridiculous
    Last edited by Largehorn; 2014-01-21 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Expansion on the warrior comparison

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    At this point, even I can't take you seriously anymore. New abilities have to be balanced. I fail to understand how giving paladins more ways to keep up time on something in addition to the tools (that according to you are very limited) they already have is going to work. How is this NOT eerily similar to warrior mobility? Or is that the actual underlying problem here? You want ret pallies to be the next class that gets nerfed into being useless in PvP because of that mobility.

Take a look at where warriors are now...and the outcry about it. When the nerf hits AGAIN its going to be ridiculous
    do not worry, taking me seriously is not obligatory. there is no rocket science behind holy grip idea. did I say that they are very limited? no, I did not. forgive me for keeping myself away from commenting on connection between "nerfing" and "mobility". there is a difference or should be a difference between mobility and staying on target

there is a difference or should be a difference between mobility and staying on target
    But you want this for PvP. In which case there is no difference as a melee class.

And the number of people against pally death grip mounts....