Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    I'm pretty sure if they removed DBM, they'd have to dumb down encounters for all but the most elite of guilds.

My gameplay would likely suffer a bit, as I use a few add-ons for things like trinket cooldowns, etc., but overall I would get over it fairly quickly.
    13/14 HC, have never used DBM.

It's a waste, DBM is the answer to lack of awareness and laziness.

Aside from things like the character pain my UI is completely custom, however it wouldn't really bother me if they removed support. While the original UI isn't much to look at they've improved it's functionality a ton. Not to mention I normally play w/o addons whenever the tourney realm is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    As melodramatic as it sounds, I doubt I'd still be playing. Changing my UI every now and then gives the game a fresh lease of life, for me. I'm extremely competitive, and I love competing with other DPS classes in my guild, see who's doing their rotation perfectly, who's killing the right mobs etc.

Perhaps I could get used to it, but I certainly wouldn't want to. Would simply remove the competition, although the satisfaction of downing a new boss would remain the same, possibly greater without DBM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably stop healing, but otherwise I'd play just fine.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    As melodramatic as it sounds, I doubt I'd still be playing. Changing my UI every now and then gives the game a fresh lease of life, for me. I'm extremely competitive, and I love competing with other DPS classes in my guild, see who's doing their rotation perfectly, who's killing the right mobs etc.

Perhaps I could get used to it, but I certainly wouldn't want to. Would simply remove the competition, although the satisfaction of downing a new boss would remain the same, possibly greater without DBM.
    This exactly, competition with other DPS classes is enjoyable during a raid, then after a boss we would bullshit about who's doing shitty and what not. With the UI, I change mine roughly once a month for a breath of fresh air. I can't stand looking at the same UI for a long amount of time, it get's so dull, change is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit. Blizzard UI sucks balls.

I would laugh as some of the "elite" raiders floundered to basic boss mechanics....

as for the question I'd be ok with it, even enjoy it as long as custom UI was left in place, but anything that alerts what a boss is about to do I'd be ok with. hell i think part of mythic should be that, where addons like DBM don't work, the game doesn't prompt whats coming next, and the circles etc.. on the ground are gone to.

I would still do all 3 rolls in dungeons and scenarios, but I wouldn't touch raiding, even LFR, with anything except my main DPS ever again.

It would suck to have to re-learn PVE without DBM but Ive done it before.

I could continue to play paladin , dk and warlock without much issues
    I would lose dps as feral druid though. It's not possible to keep it at max dps without addons.

I would really miss dominos(kinda bartender-addon), but that is all i would be missing. Rather often i've been playing without dbm for one or another reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    13/14 HC, have never used DBM.

A good amount of players lack that, though. Even with dbm.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't care, don't use a single addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    You've got an awesome internal clock if you can count the exact seconds until a debuff is applied etc and prepare accordingly.

Not to mention the way crucial debuffs are tiny icons in the corners of my 22" monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Some addons contravene Bizzards terms & conditions and can get your account banned. As many people have discovered recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You've got an awesome internal clock if you can count the exact seconds until a debuff is applied etc and prepare accordingly.

Not to mention the way crucial debuffs are tiny icons in the corners of my 22" monitor.
    Is usually a casttime on all the things. Would have to react faster to it though, since you would have to react to the cast timer alone. You get used to it rather fast.
    One i know don't use dbm, but instead uses a real life timer. It's kinda hilarious. He knows how many seconds there is between the different abilities and remembers it, after timing it. He put some pride in not using dbm at all. We had to get him to use it when he ran with us once, because he had one second to react, and he failed that sometimes, causing us all to wipe :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    You can take away my HelloKitty UI skin when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!!

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    addon addiction is a curse and needs to be treated as the social disease it is.

Deleted
    I would probably have a very hard time playing since I use Skinner to create custom viewports, had that for 5 years. If I play on a vanilla client then my eyes start hurting because of that, so I probably could not do it.

Other then that, I would miss all the collector addons, such as pet/mount/xmog addons, I am a collector and those addons are better than wowhead for me, I would also miss atlas loot.

I would of course miss bartender aswell. Dont know how I would manage without that on some characters as I use 6+ action bars on some.
    I would also miss all the raid leader addons, phoenixstyle, recount etc, all of that would impair my ability to analyze the situation of a wipe. I do not use recount to check epeen, I use it to analyze wipes and kills for improvement. I never relied on boss mods or rotation helpers so that is not an issue for me. I still think the game would not be playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game would be shit. I wouldn't care if they removed something like dbm but I am NOT playing with there UI. Far to big. Not to mention cast bars, timers, bagon, postal etc. all makes life easier. If they removed it I wouldn't bother coming back.
    Aye mate

NOPE. Nope. Nope, nope... Nope nope nope, nope. ....Nope.

I only really depend on Mogit for looks and Bartender for keybinding, so not that much.